Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Nexus 5. Why does Amazon say it is not compatible with the last version of Terraria?
nexus 5 updated to last version of android 6.0.1 (may 1, 2016)

according to amazon also my Nexus 7 2012 (updated to last version of android available) is not compatible

Today got the update and installed. all ok, it seems

As said, Nexus 5 (2013, updated to last android)
and today
Clipboard-1.jpg

Both Nexus 5 and 7 result compatible.

Non-Kindle devices now appear to be getting the update! I'm on a Nexus 7(2013) and have updated. So far so good. What a long strange trip it's been. Good luck to everyone with the update. :)

That's very upsetting. I mean, I bet this particular character represents something close to 100 hours of play for my

As a father of two sons that are also Terraria fans, I can wholly understand that feeling. I wish I could do more - but all I can do at this moment is share what I'm hearing back from the tech side while I push and push for any possible fixes. :(

I know that doesn't make it hurt less for your son - and I know the CS guys mean well when they are trying to help as well. It kills me to say anything other than "here is the magic solution". I can quite easily empathize with your plight - I know what my sons' Terraria files mean to them.

This was also a big impetus for the push for a backup system that everyone will have coming their way soon (some sooner than others)....to try and help lessen the blow from situations like this.

Regardless, this particular issue is now on top of my pile of issues to pursue - for what it's worth.

Hang in there and maybe that solution will come.

I have an huawei p8 lite with 2 gb of ram and android 5.0.1. I've bought terraria a year and a half ago but I stopped playing for the crashes amd the hell generation that made me always impossible to fight the wall of Flesh due to a really small space between ashes and lava. Recently I've read of the update and i was interested but I hadn't installed it waiting for the update to come out. With the large world I hoped i would have gotten a better hell. But when it came out, i have no idea why, terraria disappeared from the list of my applications and from any research in the mobile shop! As far as i know it should be compatible, am I wrong? It's upsetting reading and seeing people enthusiastic about this update and being unable to play it...~:cry:~:cry:~:cry:~:cry:~:cry:

i got to the app through the wishlist and it appeared like this:
Screenshot_2016-06-12-10-19-05.png
there's no download button... Why??

Last edited:
I found the problem to my game automatically exiting. It's because of Google's saving system. Every 2 minutes when it saves my game I atomically exit my world and, when I got back nothing was saved! ;(;(

I found the problem to my game automatically exiting. It's because of Google's saving system. Every 2 minutes when it saves my game I atomically exit my world and, when I got back nothing was saved! ;(;(
Have you disabled WhisperSync? This solved the crashing issue for me.

As a father of two sons that are also Terraria fans, I can wholly understand that feeling. I wish I could do more - but all I can do at this moment is share what I'm hearing back from the tech side while I push and push for any possible fixes. :(

I know that doesn't make it hurt less for your son - and I know the CS guys mean well when they are trying to help as well. It kills me to say anything other than "here is the magic solution". I can quite easily empathize with your plight - I know what my sons' Terraria files mean to them.

This was also a big impetus for the push for a backup system that everyone will have coming their way soon (some sooner than others)....to try and help lessen the blow from situations like this.

Regardless, this particular issue is now on top of my pile of issues to pursue - for what it's worth.

Hang in there and maybe that solution will come.

Appreciate it, man. We do have an iPad, so maybe I'll take the offer to get a code for the iOS version. My son is afraid to play it on his Kindle now cause he doesn't want to lose anymore characters or worlds.

Still .no update for me
As said by Eltanin, it could be that Amazon is still waiting to realease the update for your device.
until 10 of june both my Nexus 5 & 7 resulted as not compatible, then yesterday I received the update and (as you can seen above) now both they result compatible.

Which device do you have?

Got the update on my Galaxy S6. So far no problems, and as a bonus, was able to give my son a Paladin's Hammer so he could get going on starting over.

Appreciate it, man. We do have an iPad, so maybe I'll take the offer to get a code for the iOS version. My son is afraid to play it on his Kindle now cause he doesn't want to lose anymore characters or worlds.

Appreciate the understanding.

I'll keep at it and who knows - maybe someday a fix will be found. Once the backup system is in place (which I hope is soon for everyone), that should help him feel more comfortable I hope. If he has one file go bad, he can just go back and nab the last manual backup you guys did. I expect that will come to iOS/google play first - so maybe take them up on that code if you want a head start....and then when Amazon has it as well, you guys should be on more level footing.

Regardless, as I noted, this is now top of pile for me In the ongoing efforts to fully stabilize mobile.

Let me know how you guys get on moving forward. :)

Just waiting here patiently for compatibilty with my Nexus 6p. Both of the kid's Nexus 7's are compatible, but not the 6p, maybe because it is 64-bit.

Why damnit why months and months i wait to be able to get this update and play with my family ( the only reason we PURCHASED this game three times ) and now i still cannot i go to my app store i have the new icon but the option to update is not there just open .i would reinstall but after beating planteria it is a hard idea to swallow . Kindle fire, system version 7.5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom