Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always see people on iPads and they have 10 hotbar slots. I HATE IT. Just because I have a kindle doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to use ANYTHING OTHER THAN TOOLS (and a block) :dryadrolleyes:
[doublepost=1461890673,1461890601][/doublepost]WHY CAN'T I HAVE 10 SLOTS! I HATE IT!:dryadmad:
I have a Kindle, and I have 10 hotbar slots visible.

While in-game, touch the menu button at top right, then on Options. There should be an option to choose 5 or 10 visible hotbar slots.

WHEN the Terraria app updates, and you try to access your CLOUD saves, the game will prompt you to log into your Google account, and then you should be set. Your existing cloud saves will be moved to your Google Drive storage and remain there.

After reading the first post and trying to decipher the rest here, I would like to highlight the above part of Tunnel King's post. My children came to me telling me that you did update the game and that it would save to Google instead of Amazon. So, we uninstalled/reinstalled. I have a child upstairs right now, in tears, because we just deleted his hard work. Again. Both of my sons have lost their entire accounts. They've gone back and worked hard to get back to where they were, only to try reinstalling the game and lose everything again.

You guys have to remember that many of your players are young (and some, like me, are old). If you're going to direct us on what we need to do, or how we need to do it, I would really appreciate the instructions being clear. Please, for the sake of my sanity as a player and the parent of a household of players, give instructions that clearly state that nothing at all needs to be, nor can be, done at this time (aside from making sure you have a Google account). Like this...

1. Create a Google account.
  2. Sit on your hands and wait for the app to be updated.
  3. When it does update, sync the game with your Google account.
  4. ?????
  5. Profit.
Even that, as silly and old as the meme is, would be better than what I had to wade through today. We hold you to high standards because you set the bar so high. My family loves Terraria and plays together on PC and mobile. I don't play nearly as much as the children do and Steam says I have 511 hours invested into Terraria. We love the game. Please use the same care and skill here on the forums as you do in developing the game. Thank you for some of the best gaming our family has ever seen.

I don't have that.
I have a Kindle Fire HDX (3rd gen), and this is what I see on the in-game Options menu:

In-game options.png

If you don't have an HD Kindle, that might be a reason why you don't see this option. In that case, there may not be enough pixels in the display to make 10 slots feasible. Your only option then would be to upgrade your device to one that supports an HD display.

========================================

So, we uninstalled/reinstalled.

Nowhere in my description of steps did I (or anyone else) say to uninstall the app. For almost any app that I'm aware of, uninstalling it will also delete the data associated with it. I'm sorry this happened to your kids' worlds and players, but I really don't think it's fair to try to blame me for your mistake.

Contrary to what you say your kids told you, the update is not out yet for Amazon, as indicated in this status update from Wednesday:
Hello everyone! Here with a quick update on Amazon status:

Amazon Kindle & FireTV new versions which uses Google Drive to save/load characters and worlds from the Cloud will enter External QA on Friday for a functional hammering! There are a few tweaks that we might look into as the Sync is currently a bit slow and our developer thinks that this might be some of the older code we are using, so would just be a refactor. We remain hopeful for a release in late May...but of course, that is all pending how well QA works out, etc.

We will keep everyone updated as we continue along the path to release here - will be fantastic to finally be able to deliver all of this content and the other fixes to our Amazon users!

If you have any other questions about this, please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks.

Hello everyone!

We have an update on the Amazon version of Terraria for you:

As we have mentioned in past news updates around the Amazon version, the game became quite unstable with the most recent content updates. After a lot of investigation in partnership with Amazon, we traced the issue back to a compatibility problem with Terraria's savegame system and the Amazon "Whispersync" cloud saving system. In the end, there is really no great way to resolve this compatibility issue without breaking Terraria saves - which we would never want to do! However, we do have a solution - so please read on...

In order to address the stability issues on Amazon and to be able to move forward, we need to disable Whispersync service for Terraria in a way that also allows Amazon players to retain their save files. After looking at numerous options and discussing the pros and cons of each, Amazon have approved our approach to use Google Drive to handle both existing and new cloud-saved games and will allow us to disable Whispersync. *Amazon users will need a Google account tied to their Amazon device to permit the new save system to work - so it would be a good idea to go ahead and get this set up now so that you are ready when the time comes!*

*One very important side affect to the approach we’ve chosen will impact players who have deleted Terraria or have removed local data. These players will not have access to the WS Cloud and therefore will not be able to access their saves. The good news is that if you want to go ahead and reinstall between now and the release of the coming Amazon update and save your progress, you should be able to avoid this issue!*

Content-wise, all of the great changes and content updates that have already come to the iOS and Google Play versions will make it to the Amazon versions too, and will be rolled into updates once this issue is resolved. We want to make sure we successfully navigate these waters first.

In regards to timing: we are now 3 weeks into an anticipated 4 weeks of development on this, and we hope to have a further update for you within the next two weeks regarding a potential release date.

Thanks for your support and patience. As always, you can contact support and report issues at 505games.com/support.

*** For more information on what you need to do for this to work, please see the post here. ***

divider.png

LATEST UPDATE (4/27/16)
Hello everyone! Here with a quick update on Amazon status:

Amazon Kindle & FireTV new versions which uses Google Drive to save/load characters and worlds from the Cloud will enter External QA on Friday for a functional hammering! There are a few tweaks that we might look into as the Sync is currently a bit slow and our developer thinks that this might be some of the older code we are using, so would just be a refactor. We remain hopeful for a release in late May...but of course, that is all pending how well QA works out, etc.

We will keep everyone updated as we continue along the path to release here - will be fantastic to finally be able to deliver all of this content and the other fixes to our Amazon users!
Sooooooooo does anybody have any idea EXACTLY when the update is coming out? :red2:'o_O~o_O:nursewhat::merchantwhat::dryadwhat:o_O

I have a Kindle Fire HDX (3rd gen), and this is what I see on the in-game Options menu:

View attachment 106774
If you don't have an HD Kindle, that might be a reason why you don't see this option. In that case, there may not be enough pixels in the display to make 10 slots feasible. Your only option then would be to upgrade your device to one that supports an HD display.

========================================

Nowhere in my description of steps did I (or anyone else) say to uninstall the app. For almost any app that I'm aware of, uninstalling it will also delete the data associated with it. I'm sorry this happened to your kids' worlds and players, but I really don't think it's fair to try to blame me for your mistake.

Contrary to what you say your kids told you, the update is not out yet for Amazon, as indicated in this status update from Wednesday:

If you have any other questions about this, please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks.

I fail to see why this is a thing. Just because I bought terraria with an older version of the kindle fire I, like many other players, am barred out from having 10 hot bar slots? I don't see why not having HD support would cause this to be an issue, why not just make the hotbar boxes smaller? Like what was done to the hearts, originally there were only ten, and they would turn gold when the player used a 6th life crystal, but in order to use the gold hearts from the life fruits the hearts were made to be smaller, so why not do the same with the hotbar, there may be other issues at play here, but not having an HD screen doesn't make any logical sense. If you could go into more technical detail as to why this is the case, it would be most helpful, as even though I could afford an HDX, it would be a big waste of money in my opinion. I highly doubt 10 hotbar slots for amazon players with older devices is at all a priority, so I have no hope of seeing it implemented in the future. But I do hope that the updating work on the amazon version of the game runs smoothly, for all our sakes...

I honestly just want the update.

What will be added other than fishing in the new update anyways?

Last edited by a moderator:
I fail to see why this is a thing. Just because I bought terraria with an older version of the kindle fire I, like many other players, am barred out from having 10 hot bar slots? I don't see why not having HD support would cause this to be an issue, why not just make the hotbar boxes smaller? Like what was done to the hearts, originally there were only ten, and they would turn gold when the player used a 6th life crystal, but in order to use the gold hearts from the life fruits the hearts were made to be smaller, so why not do the same with the hotbar, there may be other issues at play here, but not having an HD screen doesn't make any logical sense. If you could go into more technical detail as to why this is the case, it would be most helpful, as even though I could afford an HDX, it would be a big waste of money in my opinion. I highly doubt 10 hotbar slots for amazon players with older devices is at all a priority, so I have no hope of seeing it implemented in the future. But I do hope that the updating work on the amazon version of the game runs smoothly, for all our sakes...
I think its because HD versions have more smaller, compact pixels, making it easier to get ten slots crammed in there. (I think the HDX version has a bigger screen as well, making it easier as well.) But anyways, I think its fine having 5 slots. I don't know why its such a big deal, maybe I've had mobile Terraria for years on my kindle(s).
[doublepost=1462147141,1462146677][/doublepost]But maybe after the updates weve been waiting for you could ask. I mean, there are probably a lot of other people who want more than 5 slots

Why is everyone suddenly arguing about hotbar slots on tablets? I have an hdx 3rd gen but my sibling have 5th gens and they're not arguing about it. (Although they did wish they could have 10 hotbar slots.)

Why is everyone suddenly arguing about hotbar slots on tablets? I have an hdx 3rd gen but my sibling have 5th gens and they're not arguing about it. (Although they did wish they could have 10 hotbar slots.)

Though I wouldn't really call it an argument, I do agree it is honestly a small issue, while I have LONG since gotten used to having only 5 hotbar slots, it just gets annoying to shuffle items in and out of the hotbar in intense situations. Though, again, it is a small issue and only rears it's ugly head from time to time. I think that there are FAR more important issues to be discussing, and for 505 to work on. But, in the mean time it is still fun to prepare some OP characters with maxed out loadouts to take on the new challenges the 1.2.4 update will bring. :happy:

Guys just be patient. Overall it's just a video game ( a very good one indeed ) I believe another month of waiting is not going to kill you so just be patient. You could also have time to prepare for the update! #patience

Oh and the hotbar thing isn't a big BIG deal but it can be a little annoying :confused::dryadconfused::merchantconfused::nurseconfused:~:confused:`:confused::redmunch::nymph:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly all I care about right now is my screen freezing. Every time I play "Terraria", my kindle fire screen froze. Usually every 10 to 15 minutes. Although once I've unlocked "hard mode", I couldn't play more than 10 minutes! :merchantcry::sigh::nursecrying: I have high hopes for the devs!:red::joy:

Honestly all I care about right now is my screen freezing. Every time I play "Terraria", my kindle fire screen froze. Usually every 10 to 15 minutes. Although once I've unlocked "hard mode", I couldn't play more than 10 minutes! :merchantcry::sigh::nursecrying: I have high hopes for the devs!:red::joy:
I know right? For me, every time I open the inventory I risk it freezing, it crashes when I beat a boss sometimes, when I go to a different biome too, and EVERY time it crashes (which is VERY often) when I do start it up again it gets incredibly glitchy, and I have to do a bunch of random things to get it to be stable again. And it's so annoying to lose important items due to a crash, for instance, in the middle of reforging a picksaw that took literally 19 Golems to get, and the game crashes, and the picksaw is GONE. Terraria's stability and freezing issues are incredibly annoying, good thing I'm too addicted to this game to ragequit on it. :confused::sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom