Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a melee character all set up for the frost moon and fishron, he's got full dragon armor, and full turtle armor, prepared to make the beetle set. As well as a deadly Terra blade, a godly paladins hammer, a ruthless horseman's blade, and superior scourge of the corrupter+possessed hatchet. Any melee weapons I missed? And I have a lucky celestial stone, Lucky mechanical glove, warding tattered fairy wings, warding ankh shield, and warding lightning boots equipped, but I also have a lucky master ninja gear, and warding star veil in stock. Any accessory's I missed? I really want to be able to beat the new challenges this update will bring, as I am not used to the patterns of Duke Fishron, or the insane difficulty of the frost moon. BTW I have a mob grinder set up that I can use to beat the pumpkin moon with 2 minutes to spare. And! I have 20 platinum to throw around.

I have a melee character all set up for the frost moon and fishron, he's got full dragon armor, and full turtle armor, prepared to make the beetle set. As well as a deadly Terra blade, a godly paladins hammer, a ruthless horseman's blade, and superior scourge of the corrupter+possessed hatchet. Any melee weapons I missed? And I have a lucky celestial stone, Lucky mechanical glove, warding tattered fairy wings, warding ankh shield, and warding lightning boots equipped, but I also have a lucky master ninja gear, and warding star veil in stock. Any accessory's I missed? I really want to be able to beat the new challenges this update will bring, as I am not used to the patterns of Duke Fishron, or the insane difficulty of the frost moon. BTW I have a mob grinder set up that I can use to beat the pumpkin moon with 2 minutes to spare. And! I have 20 platinum to throw around.
Care to share your mob grinder for the PME?

I decided to post this to the forums to help out players who are having trouble getting to wave 15 in the pumpkin moon, and or who want to be prepared for the frost moon whenever we get it. I would first like for you to know that this mobgrinder will take up a collosal amount of space, so if you have some other intentions for a building project in your world, you may not want to do this. First you need to flatten out a large area, large enough that mobs cannot spawn outside of it. Then you need to make sure that there aren't any near surface caves in this area, mostly near the center. If there are fill them up, using sand is a very quick and efficient way of doing this. In the center build a small platform of solid blocks that is several blocks above the rest of the flattened area, it can be about 20 blocks wide or so. You then need to fill the flat area on both sides of this platform with a shallow layer of lava, this will prevent mobs from spawning there. Also the lava needs to be shallow because then it will not destroy items. You then need to build up from the platform and build another solid block platform about 40blocks above (Obviously mine up the blocks you used to build up there). Once that high you will notice that mobs will spawn on the platform below you at a very fast rate. The lava on either side of it forces mobs to only spawn on the platform below you. You can then add jungle temple traps to kill themobs on the platform below you. To prevent mobs from spawning on top of your traps, buy wiring equipment along with actuators from the mechanic. Wire up your traps andadd actuators to them, activate your traps once and you will notice that they will turn dark and you can now pass through them. You can then remove the actuators using a wire cutter, the traps will remain actuated. Wire these traps up to a one second timer. Make sure there is a hole In the middle of your higher up platform with woodenplatforms (the item), this will allow you to attack the enemies below with a weapon that has sufficient range. Now during an invasion you can just sit in the middle of your higher up platform while traps destroy your enemies and you can rain death from above. With this you can beat the pirate invasion in less than a minute (it's that effective). But as for the platform where you will be as you grind whatever invasion you are facing, you will want things like heart statues, campfires, and honey baths to increase your regen. As well as somewooden platforms for a simple boss arena, to help combat things like the pumpking in the pumpkin moon (make sure that it's not so big that mobs spawn on it). You might also want to set up a heart and or star statue to give some extra health/mana (you can do this by connecting the statue to a one second timer). And there you go, that's how to make an incredibly effectivemobgrinder, if you have more questions I would suggest looking it up, or watch the youtuber HappyDays' tutorials on the matter (they're really good). Also there might be some tweaks you need to make so the mobgrinder will suit your needs. Also note that this mobgrinder doesn't help you kill the pumpkings, you have to do SOME work during the event. :)

Reactions:
I think when 505 says it it right around the corner they mean it's right around Christmas. Oh wait, it didn't even come out around Christmas the past 2 times. Losing my patience day by day. Not one word from 505 since this thread, in fact, the reviews on Amazon are even complainig they don't have the latest update, because it's been out so long the word has spread to everyone's grandma and back!

I think when 505 says it it right around the corner they mean it's right around Christmas. Oh wait, it didn't even come out around Christmas the past 2 times. Losing my patience day by day. Not one word from 505 since this thread, in fact, the reviews on Amazon are even complainig they don't have the latest update, because it's been out so long the word has spread to everyone's grandma and back!
Yeah come to think of it, other than bug fixes and rebalances, we haven't gotten an actual content update since Christmas 2014! :eek:... That is the most depressing thing I have ever seen...:(

No that's not news they said the same thing in this thread it's not new information.

Short of "it is approved and coming out today", there is literally nothing else they can say given where things are (based on that statement).

Short of "it is approved and coming out today", there is literally nothing else they can say given where things are (based on that statement).
Yeah, I do understand that their are some major technical problems, things that are posing huge roadblocks in the updating of this game. The 505 Terraria team are working the best they can with the mess that is the amazon version of the game, and that there really is nothing more to say than when the hope to be done given the circumstances. However from my knowledge of the issue, once they do work through these problems, the game will be far more stable, updating the game in the future will be far easier, and overall performance will be improved. While the constant delays are making me a little salty (as you could probably tell), the excitement for when we do make it through this is more than enough to keep my love of terraria burning strong.:happy::passionate::happy:

Last edited:
Yes please fix the freezing problems. On occasions I could be building a house and my screen freezes and the music plays. I end up have to power of my kindle in order to use terraria again. Plus please fix the crashing problem. This morning I had got a terra blade and all of a sudden my game crashes. Luckily I still got it but those things are annoying.

Hey can every one check when the last update because I have not gotten the update and the forums don't say an update look
Http://terraria.wiki.gg/Mobile_Version_history
[doublepost=1462716147,1462715760][/doublepost]Hey and also it looks there only paying attention to google play and ios if we have so Manny bugs and there only paying attention to Android and ios so why are you helpin amazon

Hey can every one check when the last update because I have not gotten the update and the forums don't say an update look
Http://terraria.wiki.gg/Mobile_Version_history
[doublepost=1462716147,1462715760][/doublepost]Hey and also it looks there only paying attention to google play and ios if we have so Manny bugs and there only paying attention to Android and ios so why are you helpin amazon
The Amazon update has not yet been released: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-mobile-news-wii-u-release-and-more.43087/
Hopefully it will be out by the end of the month, according to that news.

The Wiki is not reliable for release information; it is maintained by the community and can contain errors or even outright false information. You should rely on this forum or official Re-Logic/505Games social media outlets only for release info.

I just thought of something...
What if we had a sort of potion that made the night longer and vice versa!
I would use that and a battle potion on a solar eclipse because I need a terra blade because I'm having trouble with ocram. (He killed us multiple times when we fought him.) And it took forever to get the spawner. :sigh:

I would use that and a battle potion on a solar eclipse because I need a terra blade because I'm having trouble with ocram. (He killed us multiple times when we fought him.) And it took forever to get the spawner. :sigh:
I would reccomend getting vampire knives or spectre armor for ocram, with lifesteal he is quite easy, though I have beaten him with other weapons, I would reccomend a highly defensive build, using turtle armor, but use the hallowed helm instead of the turtle one, as it gives more defense damage and crit, I would use lightning boots, Mechanical glove, obsidian or ankh shield, destroyer emblem, and cross necklace (because It is so cheap to reforge) I would not reccomend wings, since ocram's attacks are so hard to avoid aerial combat won't benefit you at all, I would recommend having several block thick player sized enclosed spaces around your arena for ocram's second form, as his dash does next to nothing but his deadly lasers and demon scythes don't go through blocks, so in his second form try to damage him as much as possible, then jump into a box before he shoots his lasers and scythes, a weapon like the Terra blade, paladins hammer, scourge of the corrupter, death sickle, and others do well against him, I would also recommend having defensive accessory's to counteract ocram's insane damage, also if you can slot a celestial stone in than that's even better, but again if you can get vampire knives than you can just stand still on a platform, as even in his second phase, the lifesteal can easily outpace ocram's DPS, I hope this will be helpful to you and others on how to beat up ocram.

For ocram id recommend finding your floating island and dig a tunnel straight through it and also increase the length of the island with a block. It's also good if you have turtle armor, warding accessories, Hermes boots, and a terra blade to wrap things up. Trust me I always struggled with him but it helped me a lot when I did this. You can also look up how on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom