Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. New development. Today when my son tries to load his character this is what he gets:

20160609_183303.jpg

Still on a 3rd generation kindle.

Please tell me that this is recoverable

Yes it's a local save
Best thing to do, IMO, is to file a ticket with 505Games Support (link in my signature)

Don't do anything that may cause that character to be deleted.

I've been looking, I can't locate where those are saved on 3rd Gen Kindles (and I have one). Best to let experts walk you through this.

Last edited:
Anyone having an issue like this, PLEASE follow TK's advice.

File a ticket with 505 CS (via link in his sig)

Do NOT delete the save or mess with it in any other way. Leaving it as is means that once there is a fix it should work.

I'll follow up on this directly as well - in the event that this is not isolated to this one user.

Can you do me a favor and tell me what version number is displayed on your Terraria? (Should be in options menu if I recall correctly)?

Hang in there :)

Anyone having an issue like this, PLEASE follow TK's advice.

File a ticket with 505 CS (via link in his sig)

Do NOT delete the save or mess with it in any other way. Leaving it as is means that once there is a fix it should work.

I'll follow up on this directly as well - in the event that this is not isolated to this one user.

Can you do me a favor and tell me what version number is displayed on your Terraria? (Should be in options menu if I recall correctly)?

Hang in there :)

Definitely not deleting anything. I told my son not to mess with anything in case there was a fix.

The version number is: 11981
[doublepost=1465525874,1465525440][/doublepost]Support ticket created.

[doublepost=1465525874,1465525440][/doublepost]Support ticket created.[/QUOTE]

That's the same version number as mine.

Definitely not deleting anything. I told my son not to mess with anything in case there was a fix.

[doublepost=1465525874,1465525440][/doublepost]Support ticket created.

Thanks - I already have an email into the PD and dev teams. Hopefully, we will have more info in the morning US time. Fingers crossed....

The "newer version" error box appears to be the result of a corrupted save (that may or may not be able to be sorted in the future....so I would not delete it unless you must)

If it is a cloud save, they said you can try this: http://www.androidcoliseum.com/2015/07/terraria-lose-your-cloud-saved-game.html (may or may not work)

If it is a local save, there is no current workaround other than to see if the team can sort it out in the future - which will be a very high priority moving ahead.

Sorry :(

The "newer version" error box appears to be the result of a corrupted save (that may or may not be able to be sorted in the future....so I would not delete it unless you must)

If it is a cloud save, they said you can try this: http://www.androidcoliseum.com/2015/07/terraria-lose-your-cloud-saved-game.html (may or may not work)

If it is a local save, there is no current workaround other than to see if the team can sort it out in the future - which will be a very high priority moving ahead.

Sorry :(

That's very upsetting. I mean, I bet this particular character represents something close to 100 hours of play for my son.

At some point, when the other update becomes available, I can give my son some items from my game, but it sucks. He was miserable about it this morning and told me he was never playing Terraria again. He waited 6 months for this update, and it ruined his main character 1 day in.

Got a response from the support ticket. It basically said, "sorry, would you like a code for the iOS version?" :\

I have a Nexus 5. Why does Amazon say it is not compatible with the last version of Terraria?
nexus 5 updated to last version of android 6.0.1 (may 1, 2016)

according to amazon also my Nexus 7 2012 (updated to last version of android available) is not compatible

Last edited:
Is this 'staggered' release intentional or were there unforseen issues/bugs that are prohibiting all Amazon users from receiving the update?

I understand giving an E.T.A. is very difficult but please, please, please tell us it won't be another 6 months until we get the update. This whole experience has been .... surreal. Thank you for any information! Have a great weekend!!

Last edited:
DARN IT! I still can't play on my cloud because every time I log in my Google account the game automatically exits!:sigh: And it still crashes!!!;(

DARN IT! I still can't play on my cloud because every time I log in my Google account the game automatically exits!:sigh: And it still crashes!!!;(

We had the same issue on one of our Kindle Fires, and we were able to solve the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling. Unfortunately, of course, you lose any local saves that way.

We had the same issue on one of our Kindle Fires, and we were able to solve the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling. Unfortunately, of course, you lose any local saves that way.
I did just that and still does the same thing. I even change my Google account but, still nothing.:confused:

On my cloud expanded game when ever I fly to high or fish for to long little Green lines pop up for about 3 minutes. Is there any way this can be fixed? Or is this an issue with my kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom