Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
:sigh:Still no news on amazon.
[doublepost=1465914332,1465914232][/doublepost]I just finished school. And now I have to wait for my kindle to be fixed. (Or I'll just get the wii u version.)

Still no news on amazon.
What news are you looking for? The Amazon update was released last week, for most people. Read on below.

Why damnit why months and months i wait to be able to get this update and play with my family ( the only reason we PURCHASED this game three times ) and now i still cannot i go to my app store i have the new icon but the option to update is not there just open .i would reinstall but after beating planteria it is a hard idea to swallow . Kindle fire, system version 7.5.1
I'm checking to find the status on the 2nd gen Kindles (the ones that run that system version). I thought that they should have been available for your device by now, I'll try to get a more definite answer. Please don't delete/reinstall - you'll lose your saves that way and there's nothing we can do to help with that.

AMAZON:
· Non-Amazon devices running the Amazon version with at least 1GB of RAM and capable of running Android 4.02+ should be able to be "compatible" soon - we are just making sure that things are stable on mainline Amazon devices at the same tier first before introducing more variables.
· First Gen Kindles will unfortunately not be compatible with this update as they cannot support the needed OS and Hardware Specs
· Second Gen Kindles (those that meet the 1gb and 4.02+ OS requirements) should have their compatibility restored at the same time as the non-Amazon devices do.

eta: The best information I have is that 2nd Gen Kindles (and non-Amazon devices with adequate specs) should be able to get the update now.

Can anyone who does have a 2nd gen Kindle Fire (system version 7.5.1) confirm that they've been able to update now? That feedback would be much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
What news are you looking for? The Amazon update was released last week, for most people. Read on below.

I'm checking to find the status on the 2nd gen Kindles (the ones that run that system version). I thought that they should have been available for your device by now, I'll try to get a more definite answer. Please don't delete/reinstall - you'll lose your saves that way and there's nothing we can do to help with that.

eta: The best information I have is that 2nd Gen Kindles (and non-Amazon devices with adequate specs) should be able to get the update now.

Can anyone who does have a 2nd gen Kindle Fire (system version 7.5.1) confirm that they've been able to update now? That feedback would be much appreciated, thanks.
Nope still no update for me

Can you tell me exactly which 2nd gen Kindle device you have? Same for you please, @Dirtydigger.

I believe the possible choices are:
  1. Kindle Fire 7" (2012)
  2. Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012)
  3. Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (2012)
All should be running OS version 7.5.1 (equivalent to Android 4.0.3). [reference here].

Again - the information I received earlier today is that those Kindle devices should be able to download/install the update. So far, I've heard different results from some of you all, no one has said they have one of these models AND have gotten the update.

I'll send the info back up the chain, any further info from you all can only help to narrow this down.

My Dell Venue 3830 can't even see it in the amazon app store now. It did a couple days ago. The release date said June 11, but I still had the "OPEN" button, not the "UPDATE" button. The Venue has 4.4.2 with 2 gigs ram.

Can you tell me exactly which 2nd gen Kindle device you have? Same for you please, @Dirtydigger.

I believe the possible choices are:
  1. Kindle Fire 7" (2012)
  2. Kindle Fire HD 7" (2012)
  3. Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (2012)
All should be running OS version 7.5.1 (equivalent to Android 4.0.3). [reference here].

Again - the information I received earlier today is that those Kindle devices should be able to download/install the update. So far, I've heard different results from some of you all, no one has said they have one of these models AND have gotten the update.

I'll send the info back up the chain, any further info from you all can only help to narrow this down.

Tunnel King I don't see it in on mine yet either.

OK, I've got some further information to share about the Amazon Kindle devices.

This shows the list of all current and legacy Amazon Fire tablets. By "legacy", Amazon describes them as 'retired', which I take to mean that they no longer make or directly sell them (there may be other sellers of new/used versions of these devices on Amazon).

The Current devices are of course supported for Terraria and should be able to get the update, if they haven't already gotten it.

For the Legacy devices, I've highlighted the models and status:
kindle legacy support.png
  • The Green columns are the 3rd gen and later models, they should already have the update.
  • The Yellow columns are the 2nd gen HD models - they SHOULD be able to get the update. If you have one of these models and still cannot get the update within 24 hours, please let me know.
  • The Pink column is the 2nd gen non-HD model*, and the 1st gen model - these are not supported, and will not get the update.
*The issue with the 2nd gen non-HD model is that it does not have Bluetooth support. Bluetooth is required to support external controllers.
The issue with the 1st gen Kindle Fire was already noted - insufficient RAM and lack of OS support.

My Dell Venue 3830 can't even see it in the amazon app store now. It did a couple days ago. The release date said June 11, but I still had the "OPEN" button, not the "UPDATE" button. The Venue has 4.4.2 with 2 gigs ram.
I've asked about this model, awaiting an answer. The specs I find for this device include Bluetooth, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Tunnel King, any idea why the Nexus 6p is showing as not compatible. It has the specs, the OS, and of course bluetooth.

Are there still more tiers to roll out to?

Tunnel King, any idea why the Nexus 6p is showing as not compatible. It has the specs, the OS, and of course bluetooth.

Are there still more tiers to roll out to?
I don't have any idea about that specific device, I'll forward a request about it.

As I understand it, the non-Amazon devices aren't grouped in any tiers, they are specifically enabled by device.

OK, I've got some further information to share about the Amazon Kindle devices.

This shows the list of all current and legacy Amazon Fire tablets. By "legacy", Amazon describes them as 'retired', which I take to mean that they no longer make or directly sell them (there may be other sellers of new/used versions of these devices on Amazon).

The Current devices are of course supported for Terraria and should be able to get the update, if they haven't already gotten it.

For the Legacy devices, I've highlighted the models and status:
View attachment 118154
  • The Green columns are the 3rd gen and later models, they should already have the update.
  • The Yellow columns are the 2nd gen HD models - they SHOULD be able to get the update. If you have one of these models and still cannot get the update within 24 hours, please let me know.
  • The Pink column is the 2nd gen non-HD model*, and the 1st gen model - these are not supported, and will not get the update.
*The issue with the 2nd gen non-HD model is that it does not have Bluetooth support. Bluetooth is required to support external controllers.
The issue with the 1st gen Kindle Fire was already noted - insufficient RAM and lack of OS support.

I've asked about this model, awaiting an answer. The specs I find for this device include Bluetooth, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
I'm not sweating about the update. It's more important that the people who can't even play get the fix first. The game is already worth the $5 I paid for it. I can play as is. Some people can't play. Take care of them first.

I just got an update on my Kindle, the version number is now 11983.

Release notes say:
"Kindle Fire HD 2012 Devices, with Ice Cream Sandwich OS 4.0.2 and above, now supported in this update."

For those of you awaiting updates on those devices, please check and let us know if you are (or are not) getting this.

I just got an update on my Kindle, the version number is now 11983.

Release notes say:
"Kindle Fire HD 2012 Devices, with Ice Cream Sandwich OS 4.0.2 and above, now supported in this update."

For those of you awaiting updates on those devices, please check and let us know if you are (or are not) getting this.
I just got it! Thank you for all the help

Still no luck for me on my Nexus 6P. I am seeing the June 16th update on Amazon, but my device is still not compatible.

EDIT: I emailed support about it, I will post back here once they figure it out.

Last edited:
I updated the OP with information from today's update.

If you have a non-Amazon device that you think should have gotten this update, PLEASE let us know and what device/model you have. I'm keeping a list of reported devices there in the OP - @chowhoundb and @joeymagnus1, I have your devices down and have reported them back up the chain.

I have a Galaxy S6, but am unable to install the update. It says the update is available, and I can download it, but it never installs.

Also, I'm unable to open the app anymore cause I'm stuck in the install. I REALLY hope I didn't lose my game, too.

Screenshot_20160616-161828.png

I updated the OP with information from today's update.

If you have a non-Amazon device that you think should have gotten this update, PLEASE let us know and what device/model you have. I'm keeping a list of reported devices there in the OP - @chowhoundb and @joeymagnus1, I have your devices down and have reported them back up the chain.

@MrDarkHorse you should be able to manually install the update. Open a file browser and navigate to \sdcard\android\data\ then find the directory for whatever amazon appstore you are using (amazon underground, regular amazon, or the old amazon appstore). You should find a folder inside that houses all the APK files downloaded. Find the Terraria one and run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom