Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's an over 1gb device - that was my first guess. Best to submit a ticket then and see what the experts can tell you. Sorry

Loki every time I open terrarium it has to be online or it crashes ,kindle fire 10. If offline, I last 2 mins before crashing
It happens also to me.
it can be solved signing out from G+ when you are not connected. If I don't sign out, Terraria will crash within 1 min.
This problem seems to not appear if you start playing connected and then you get disconnected (I was playing connected to wifi and then I used the lift, but no crash)

It happens also to me.
it can be solved signing out from G+ when you are not connected. If I don't sign out, Terraria will crash within 1 min.
This problem seems to not appear if you start playing connected and then you get disconnected (I was playing connected to wifi and then I used the lift, but no crash)

Interesting. @505Games-Mobile - could be something to explore.

It happens also to me.

Thats funny because I don't have a google account
[doublepost=1468939836,1468939791][/doublepost]
They already investigated on mine

It seems I have a very similar problem on my Fire 6 HD. I usually play Terraria with 2 others. One of them uses the same device as me and the other uses a way older HD model, but we've always been able to play together just fine (until now). I first noticed it today, and they were having this issue but I wasn't. An update had come out for them but I hadn't received it yet. When one of the people I play with tried loading his main world, all the platforms were invisible, random hairstyles on the Stylist window were invisible, and when I came to his world, my character showed up as naked on his screen (Yeah, I know), but my wings and weapon were still visible to him. His piggy bank, anvil, and workbench were all invisible, and most of the blocks in the world were invisible as well. When he tried joining my world, the game would crash instantly. Literally, every single time. Shortly after, the second person I was playing with started having the same problem. It was getting super frustrating so we just decided to quit, and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't having the same problem. But sure enough, a few hours later, a notification came up on my Fire, saying that Terraria was updated. So I launched the app and tried loading my main world. About every 6 out of 10 times I tried loading it, the game crashed. The one time I did manage to load it, all the platforms in my house were invisible. On one side of the furnace in this picture (http://prnt.sc/bv1odm), there was a workbench with a piggy bank on top of it. On the other side of it, there was an anvil. Now, as you can see, both of those things have disappeared. Even if I try tapping where they would normally be, I am still unable to interact with them. The people I was playing with were both off, so I couldn't have tried joining a different world. I am sure it would have crashed though, as it was infuriatingly unstable. So, since three of us (all Amazon users) have experienced the same issue, I decided to bring it to your attention here... Especially now that others have been having a similar problem. After waiting months and months for the update, it is beyond aggravating to have to deal with something like this. I hope you can find a fix.

It seems I have a very similar problem on my Fire 6 HD. I usually play Terraria with 2 others. One of them uses the same device as me and the other uses a way older HD model, but we've always been able to play together just fine (until now). I first noticed it today, and they were having this issue but I wasn't. An update had come out for them but I hadn't received it yet. When one of the people I play with tried loading his main world, all the platforms were invisible, random hairstyles on the Stylist window were invisible, and when I came to his world, my character showed up as naked on his screen (Yeah, I know), but my wings and weapon were still visible to him. His piggy bank, anvil, and workbench were all invisible, and most of the blocks in the world were invisible as well. When he tried joining my world, the game would crash instantly. Literally, every single time. Shortly after, the second person I was playing with started having the same problem. It was getting super frustrating so we just decided to quit, and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't having the same problem. But sure enough, a few hours later, a notification came up on my Fire, saying that Terraria was updated. So I launched the app and tried loading my main world. About every 6 out of 10 times I tried loading it, the game crashed. The one time I did manage to load it, all the platforms in my house were invisible. On one side of the furnace in this picture (http://prnt.sc/bv1odm), there was a workbench with a piggy bank on top of it. On the other side of it, there was an anvil. Now, as you can see, both of those things have disappeared. Even if I try tapping where they would normally be, I am still unable to interact with them. The people I was playing with were both off, so I couldn't have tried joining a different world. I am sure it would have crashed though, as it was infuriatingly unstable. So, since three of us (all Amazon users) have experienced the same issue, I decided to bring it to your attention here... Especially now that others have been having a similar problem. After waiting months and months for the update, it is beyond aggravating to have to deal with something like this. I hope you can find a fix.
Thank you, we need more detailed posts like this. This will help out the team a lot,

As discussed with dracobot1223 privately...

Our gut feeling is that a fix requires the assets to be re-installed. Given that dracobot1223 save is local, our next update will have the functionality to back-up the local save to the cloud. The game can then be re-installed, assets fixed and save game available via the cloud. A Google Account will be required though.

We are also going to force the assets to unpack in the next by increasing the sprite version number which may also fix the issue without the need to use the back-up functionality.

Last edited:
Something else that happened since new patch, this has happened twice. Last week it popped up on when selecting character that it could not be loaded because it was made on a newer version. I was annoyed, but decided to try a new summoned run any way, today the same thing happened. I hope there is a solution to this, as it is discouraging me from making a new charector as it could get deleted. Edit,found screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-20-16-54-28.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-20-16-54-28.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 197
As discussed with dracobot1223 privately...

Our gut feeling is that a fix requires the assets to be re-installed. Given that dracobot1223 save is local, our next update will have the functionality to back-up the local save to the cloud. The game can then be re-installed, assets fixed and save game available via the cloud. A Google Account will be required though.

We are also going to force the assets to unpack in the next by increasing the sprite version number which may also fix the issue without the need to use the back-up functionality.
If the new update rectifies this on its own, that would be great. But still, I find it pretty ironic that the fix will require waiting once again for another update to Amazon. I can only hope that it will not take months upon months, as the last update did. Until then, I am stuck with an unplayable trainwreck. Do we have an ETA on when Amazon will receive this update? I hear that it was not yet released to us to make sure that the new version is stable. Since it is now the only way to repair the issue, I am curious as to how you will proceed.

So I logged on to terraria today and I can't acces my main world! I can access all the others but every time I enter my main world it crashes ;(

That is exactly what happened to me. Except it either crashed or didn't load correctly. This is something me and 505 games-Mobile talked about and they said that there would be an update in 4 weeks or less. The new update would allow you to save everything in your local saves to your cloud slots. That means that you can re-install the game and all of your progress will still be there. Re-installing the game would most likely fix it.

our next update will have the functionality to back-up the local save to the cloud. The game can then be re-installed, assets fixed and save game available via the cloud. A Google Account will be required though.
Would it be possible to have in the wiki page a guide about cloud save? To know if it is just a backup copy of your saved world and character or you can upload/download saved world as you wish

I'm having the same issue as dracobot1223 and oryx_taken_king! Ever since newest update my main world crashes or is missing textures, blocks. I assume I just need to wait for the next patch?? Also, in order to play offline I must log out of my Google account otherwise it crashes after minute or so of playing. Man, this whole experience with Amazon/ Terraria mobile updates has been.....exhausting. Beyond frustrated.

Please!! Any information or help would be most appreciated!

Nexus 7 2013
Android 5.1.1

Terraria build 12000

Every time I save the bound wizard my game crashes, I've restarted the game, turned my device on and off, waited before clicking something, tried to buy something, but no matter what I try it always crashes a few seconds after saving him.
I'm having the same issue as dracobot1223 and oryx_taken_king! Ever since newest update my main world crashes or is missing textures, blocks. I assume I just need to wait for the next patch?? Also, in order to play offline I must log out of my Google account otherwise it crashes after minute or so of playing. Man, this whole experience with Amazon/ Terraria mobile updates has been.....exhausting. Beyond frustrated.

Please!! Any information or help would be most appreciated!

Android 5.1.1

Terraria build 12000
I have lost 2 world's to this same issue, I did manage to save my character in the cloud save function, but it's still really heartbreaking. I hope 505games can get on this soon! ;(:confused::(

Last edited:
Every time I save the bound wizard my game crashes, I've restarted the game, turned my device on and off, waited before clicking something, tried to buy something, but no matter what I try it always crashes a few seconds after saving him.
That is exactly what happened to me.
[doublepost=1469235179,1469234970][/doublepost]
I have lost 2 world's to this same issue, I did manage to save my character in the cloud save function, but it's still really heartbreaking. I hope 505games can get on this soon! ;(:confused::(
How did you save a local slot to a cloud slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom