Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I did install Google Drive and logged in there but still get the same error. Whenever I click the Google+ symbol inside Terraria I get the same 403 error.
The end goal is to transfer the saves to a new Kindle Fire HD 8 because we are making a warranty claim. So if there is another way to do that it would be helpful to know.
I'm curious as to how this turns out. I've also got an HD 8, 6th generation, that's having the same problem. Local saves work as expected, but I get the same 403 error. I have drive on my device as an app, and logged in, I've logged in through the silk web browser, nothing seems to stop the 403 error for me. I also have Terraria installed on my Android, it just occurred to me that maybe having that device linked to my Google account is interfering with my Kindle's ability to connect?

I've been wondering this same thing. I sent them a support ticket on 6/24. Still waiting for a reply. Anybody have any answers here? Does tech support just not reply to tickets?
Thanks

I've been wondering this same thing. I sent them a support ticket on 6/24. Still waiting for a reply. Anybody have any answers here? Does tech support just not reply to tickets?
Thanks
There's another thread now, covering the same issue. A user in there posted their response from support. It looks like it's an issue affecting the Amazon cloud version, might not be every account, since some say they are not having the issue.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/cant-login-to-google-to-access-cloud-saves.59250/

Good morning, all.

Catching up on all of this, I inquired with 505 about what might be going on. The good news is that they are indeed aware and have been working with a player through Customer Service on a solution. Here is what I know:

• This only affects Amazon, not Google Play
  • The investigation and work to fix is ongoing:
    • A solution is being tested now - if it works, then that will be awesome and everyone will be back to normal soon
    • If it does not, there is another path that is very likely to work, but that one will take more time/work to get in place.

I will keep checking in on the status of this on a regular basis, unless 505 beats me to it. ;) They did say that they had hoped to have a more concrete answer today, but this wasn't quite ready yet. Stay tuned, and sorry for the trouble and inconvenience everyone!

For those having cloud save issues with the Amazon version on Amazon devices, make sure you have disabled the Whispersync service as detailed below:

*UPDATE 5/25/16*
If you do experience any crashes once you’ve updated to the new version, please exit the game, navigate to System settings > Applications > Amazon GameCircle, locate 'WhisperSync for Games' and disable it. Then restart the system. This will disable the Whispersync service on your device and prevent it from running in the background while playing Terraria.
Note: Be advised that this will mean Whispersync services are not available for all Apps on the device while it is disabled. This should not effect any other GameCircle services such as Leaderboards or Achievements.

This may or may not help the current issues people are having, but fwiw I'm not having problems with my Kindle Fire HDX tablet (3rd gen) running Fire OS 4.5.5.2. My device is at least a couple of years old, though, and newer Kindles may have new OS versions that are triggering these issues.

Thanks for your follow up on this, Tunnel King and Loki. Tunnel King, I did as you suggested and disabled Whispersync. I had to go to Amazon's website and disable it for my entire account. I couldn't find any options for disabling it on my Fire HD 6. I restarted and tried to backup to cloud. I got the same 403 error code when it tried to connect me to Google drive.
I gotta say, it is gratifying that I'm not the only one that is having this problem. But, I'm kinda perplexed. This game is not new...has this problem existed ever since Terraria was released in the Kindle Fire platform?
Thanks!

If I understand the 403 error correctly, it's been affecting users of multiple apps and games. Google changed the way they handle log-in connections from devices, and rolled out the change in a short series of stages to phase out the old way they had handled it. The "learn more" link within the error that shows up when trying to connect to the cloud in Terraria leads to a Google dev blog
https://developers.googleblog.com/2016/08/modernizing-oauth-interactions-in-native-apps.html

I made a new terraria sword that I want to add to terraria can you tell me what u think go to YouTube and search "Dorian Garcia the most powerful and awesome weapon for terraria "

I have a problem I trying to login to my terrarium could drive btw I'm mobile and this shows up
403.That’s an error. What do I do?
Error: disallowed_useragent

This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view). Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests to Google. We offer several libraries and samples for native apps to perform authorization requests in the browser

Anyone interested in helping to work out a solution to the 403 error stuff, please PM @505Games-Mobile and they will walk you through it from there. :)

Thanks!

Strange bugs:
Sometimes, when I open the Crafting Menu, the app automatically selects a recipe at the end and I have to scroll up a lot to see the usable recipes. Even if I close the menu o change to another crafting menu and go back to the generic one, the app stays on the same recipe (the first time was obsidian brick)

I Fish Tundra Trout in honey in the Forest :eek: (it was the previous quest)

EDIT: I have found the form to report the bugs.

Last edited:
I can barely scroll up, it does this weird jerky effect, where it moves, pauses, moves, pauses, and so on, then it lags, and wont let me choose any items. ironically it works better with a full inventory, or while I'm about to die.

IS there a fix to the 403 warning when you try to cloud save? I can't find it. I have disabled whispersync on the Kindle, I have signed in the google account in the e-mail area. I downloaded a version of google drive and signed in, but can not download the "google play" real version because it's an amazon kindle.

I have 4 children on different kindle fires worried and waiting for a way to cloud save!

Only "fix" I've found for my kindle version is to look around and find a way to install all of Google play on my kindle. This let me install the Google play version, which doesn't have the same 403 error. Plus side, my kindle has terraria now with a working cloud save feature, since I've owned the Google play version for a few years now. Down side, the Amazon kindle version still does not have cloud saves. And since I mucked about with the files, as far as I can tell I ruined the saves originally created with my phone and the Google play version.

I spoke with 505 games a few days ago, and I got as far with them as them suggesting this, downloading the Google play version onto my kindle. Our conversation ended there, so what I figure they meant was something along the lines of what I did. There are probably a good number of risks, and I don't know how my other apps on my kindle react with Google play installed (I already see some of them asking for my location all of a sudden), but it at least may mean that the next time I need to factory reset, reinstall terraria, get a new device, I may have a shot at not losing all that progress

IS there a fix to the 403 warning when you try to cloud save? I can't find it. I have disabled whispersync on the Kindle, I have signed in the google account in the e-mail area. I downloaded a version of google drive and signed in, but can not download the "google play" real version because it's an amazon kindle.

I have 4 children on different kindle fires worried and waiting for a way to cloud save!
Hi @JosieRae, have you tried contacting @505Games-Mobile like Loki mentioned above?
Anyone interested in helping to work out a solution to the 403 error stuff, please PM @505Games-Mobile and they will walk you through it from there. :)

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

We have an update on the Amazon version of Terraria for you:

As we have mentioned in past news updates around the Amazon version, the game became quite unstable with the most recent content updates. After a lot of investigation in partnership with Amazon, we traced the issue back to a compatibility problem with Terraria's savegame system and the Amazon "Whispersync" cloud saving system. In the end, there is really no great way to resolve this compatibility issue without breaking Terraria saves - which we would never want to do! However, we do have a solution - so please read on...

In order to address the stability issues on Amazon and to be able to move forward, we need to disable Whispersync service for Terraria in a way that also allows Amazon players to retain their save files. After looking at numerous options and discussing the pros and cons of each, Amazon have approved our approach to use Google Drive to handle both existing and new cloud-saved games and will allow us to disable Whispersync. *Amazon users will need a Google account tied to their Amazon device to permit the new save system to work - so it would be a good idea to go ahead and get this set up now so that you are ready when the time comes!*

*One very important side affect to the approach we’ve chosen will impact players who have deleted Terraria or have removed local data. These players will not have access to the WS Cloud and therefore will not be able to access their saves. The good news is that if you want to go ahead and reinstall between now and the release of the coming Amazon update and save your progress, you should be able to avoid this issue!*

Content-wise, all of the great changes and content updates that have already come to the iOS and Google Play versions will make it to the Amazon versions too, and will be rolled into updates once this issue is resolved. We want to make sure we successfully navigate these waters first.

In regards to timing: we are now 3 weeks into an anticipated 4 weeks of development on this, and we hope to have a further update for you within the next two weeks regarding a potential release date.

Thanks for your support and patience. As always, you can contact support and report issues at 505games.com/support.

*** For more information on what you need to do for this to work, please see the post here. ***

divider.png

UPDATE (4/27/16)
Hello everyone! Here with a quick update on Amazon status:

Amazon Kindle & FireTV new versions which uses Google Drive to save/load characters and worlds from the Cloud will enter External QA on Friday for a functional hammering! There are a few tweaks that we might look into as the Sync is currently a bit slow and our developer thinks that this might be some of the older code we are using, so would just be a refactor. We remain hopeful for a release in late May...but of course, that is all pending how well QA works out, etc.

We will keep everyone updated as we continue along the path to release here - will be fantastic to finally be able to deliver all of this content and the other fixes to our Amazon users!

*UPDATE 5/25/16*
If you do experience any crashes once you’ve updated to the new version, please exit the game, navigate to System settings > Applications > Amazon GameCircle, locate 'WhisperSync for Games' and disable it. Then restart the system. This will disable the Whispersync service on your device and prevent it from running in the background while playing Terraria.
Note: Be advised that this will mean Whispersync services are not available for all Apps on the device while it is disabled. This should not effect any other GameCircle services such as Leaderboards or Achievements.
*UPDATE 6/16/16*
The latest update for this version arrived today - version 11983. The release notes say:

"Kindle Fire HD 2012 Devices, with Ice Cream Sandwich OS 4.0.2 and above, now supported in this update."

1st gen Kindle Fire tablets (2011) and non-HD 2nd gen Fire tablets (2012) are not supported (insufficient RAM and/or no Bluetooth support).

If you have a non-Kindle device that has 1GB (or more) RAM, is running Android Ice Cream Sandwich, and has Bluetooth support:
You should have this update available to you. If you do not, please report your device/model in this thread, and we will check for compatibility.
Devices that have been reported:

Ok I understood about repairing cloud and amazon tv but what this community needs is 1.3 we've been waiting since X/10/16 so almost 2 years of wait so please try to upload this before 2018 or I will have to ask my money back and mobile terraria will be dead for good so thanks if you read this I'm out ;(

Ok I understood about repairing cloud and amazon tv but what this community needs is 1.3 we've been waiting since X/10/16 so almost 2 years of wait so please try to upload this before 2018 or I will have to ask my money back and mobile terraria will be dead for good so thanks if you read this I'm out ;(
They said that once the console updates are released they will start on the mobile and I believe 3ds but I’m not sure. So Pretty much they have to do what they did with the console update and completely rebuild it most likely trust me I want the update as well but we must be patient

Uh when’s 1.3 for terraria gonna come out
[doublepost=1518998007,1518997985][/doublepost]I’ve been waiting 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom