Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
C2430C89-4964-4A62-89C6-7A48D62963DB.jpeg
Probably never for mobile, with all of the exclusive content and hardware restrictions

Well tbh, they are probably working as hard as they can to update mobile. But mobile devices are always updating and changing specs and such. It just takes time for the Dev’s to get the good content out

Certainly hope this device can handle it when it comes out.

Also, I hope we get a new thread pretty soon, so we can be involved and helping out, this is the latest thread, and it was made in 2016...

I'm ready to go, and there's been several bugs that could get patched. I just found one I hadn't noticed before, just a few minutes ago. (
While trying to sort out my nightmarishly-messy-chests on my main world.)

2018 e nada de 1.3 para mobile, seria ate melhor tirarem esse peso das costas e falarem logo que nao vai ter 1.3, eu espero desde 2016.

Hello everyone!

We have an update on the Amazon version of Terraria for you:

As we have mentioned in past news updates around the Amazon version, the game became quite unstable with the most recent content updates. After a lot of investigation in partnership with Amazon, we traced the issue back to a compatibility problem with Terraria's savegame system and the Amazon "Whispersync" cloud saving system. In the end, there is really no great way to resolve this compatibility issue without breaking Terraria saves - which we would never want to do! However, we do have a solution - so please read on...

In order to address the stability issues on Amazon and to be able to move forward, we need to disable Whispersync service for Terraria in a way that also allows Amazon players to retain their save files. After looking at numerous options and discussing the pros and cons of each, Amazon have approved our approach to use Google Drive to handle both existing and new cloud-saved games and will allow us to disable Whispersync. *Amazon users will need a Google account tied to their Amazon device to permit the new save system to work - so it would be a good idea to go ahead and get this set up now so that you are ready when the time comes!*

*One very important side affect to the approach we’ve chosen will impact players who have deleted Terraria or have removed local data. These players will not have access to the WS Cloud and therefore will not be able to access their saves. The good news is that if you want to go ahead and reinstall between now and the release of the coming Amazon update and save your progress, you should be able to avoid this issue!*

Content-wise, all of the great changes and content updates that have already come to the iOS and Google Play versions will make it to the Amazon versions too, and will be rolled into updates once this issue is resolved. We want to make sure we successfully navigate these waters first.

In regards to timing: we are now 3 weeks into an anticipated 4 weeks of development on this, and we hope to have a further update for you within the next two weeks regarding a potential release date.

Thanks for your support and patience. As always, you can contact support and report issues at 505games.com/support.

*** For more information on what you need to do for this to work, please see the post here. ***

divider.png

UPDATE (4/27/16)
Hello everyone! Here with a quick update on Amazon status:

Amazon Kindle & FireTV new versions which uses Google Drive to save/load characters and worlds from the Cloud will enter External QA on Friday for a functional hammering! There are a few tweaks that we might look into as the Sync is currently a bit slow and our developer thinks that this might be some of the older code we are using, so would just be a refactor. We remain hopeful for a release in late May...but of course, that is all pending how well QA works out, etc.

We will keep everyone updated as we continue along the path to release here - will be fantastic to finally be able to deliver all of this content and the other fixes to our Amazon users!

*UPDATE 5/25/16*
If you do experience any crashes once you’ve updated to the new version, please exit the game, navigate to System settings > Applications > Amazon GameCircle, locate 'WhisperSync for Games' and disable it. Then restart the system. This will disable the Whispersync service on your device and prevent it from running in the background while playing Terraria.
Note: Be advised that this will mean Whispersync services are not available for all Apps on the device while it is disabled. This should not effect any other GameCircle services such as Leaderboards or Achievements.
*UPDATE 6/16/16*
The latest update for this version arrived today - version 11983. The release notes say:

"Kindle Fire HD 2012 Devices, with Ice Cream Sandwich OS 4.0.2 and above, now supported in this update."

1st gen Kindle Fire tablets (2011) and non-HD 2nd gen Fire tablets (2012) are not supported (insufficient RAM and/or no Bluetooth support).

If you have a non-Kindle device that has 1GB (or more) RAM, is running Android Ice Cream Sandwich, and has Bluetooth support:
You should have this update available to you. If you do not, please report your device/model in this thread, and we will check for compatibility.
Devices that have been reported:

How about instead of focusing on this wall of text we get cloud save to actually work on google?

Pipeworks sure is taking their time on pushing that 1.3 update for us, I wonder if cancelling terraria otherworld really could have recycled a significant amount of man-power. I hope they can get some news out on it soon; but at this rate I don't feel confident that the update will release before the summer...

Can you use Facebook? I'd think that would be easier.:rslime:

Maybe use Facebook as an alternative to Google i think the crashing by be do to Amazon not supporting google apps. You're makeing one and thats way all the crashing to pervert this download this i think you may be missing them they are older Amazon file that when put to together will allow Amazon user to use Google stuff.
[doublepost=1528393294,1528392959][/doublepost]You will need to cange to .apk

Do to the update limit i can't seed the rest out but this are the most important you may what to also install Google games and store along Google play not to be confused with Google pay.

<attachment removed by staff>

Last edited by a moderator:
Do to the update limit i can't seed the rest out but this are the most important you may what to also install Google games and store along Google play not to be confused with Google pay.

<attachment removed by staff>
Please do not link or upload any .APK files to this forum for sharing, we have no way of vetting their source. I removed your attachment.

The Google Drive issue is one of authentication; Google no longer recognizes the Amazon Terraria app as a valid client. Since the current app isn't going to be fixed (Pipeworks is building a new app), we'll have to wait.

FWIW - I got a new 10" Fire tablet recently, loaded Terraria and side-loaded the Google Play store, it still won't register the Terraria app to use cloud saves. My older 7" Fire tablet was registered before Google made the authentication change, and it still works with cloud saves.

Wait by corrupt worlds do u mean your world crashing when u try to load a particular one •_•. Cause that happened to my storage world last night which has ALLL my stuff on it
Same happened to me a year ago.
Since I needed to change smartphone, I moved all my stuff to a cloud save.
Sadly the size of that cloud save is ~900kB, while the others are ~3MB.
A way to recover? Or a way to modify a cloud save to recreate there all the stuff I had?

Because of this problem, it's a year I don't play Terraria

Same happened to me a year ago.
Since I needed to change smartphone, I moved all my stuff to a cloud save.
Sadly the size of that cloud save is ~900kB, while the others are ~3MB.
A way to recover? Or a way to modify a cloud save to recreate there all the stuff I had?

Because of this problem, it's a year I don't play Terraria
If the same world is crashing, and if you can create or join other worlds, I’m sorry to say that the crashing world is most likely a corrupted game file and there is no way to recover it.

If the same world is crashing, and if you can create or join other worlds, I’m sorry to say that the crashing world is most likely a corrupted game file and there is no way to recover it.
Almost yes to all (I don't remember if the world crashes or never load). I suspected that it was lost.
unluckily I didn't think about the possibility to recover old version of the world from Drive before the expire time.

Do someone know how to edit a drive-saved world to put there all stuff I had already? (that are almost everything available in pre-hardmode)

Almost yes to all (I don't remember if the world crashes or never load). I suspected that it was lost.
unluckily I didn't think about the possibility to recover old version of the world from Drive before the expire time.

Do someone know how to edit a drive-saved world to put there all stuff I had already? (that are almost everything available in pre-hardmode)
Unfortunately editing the game files to add items into the world on mobile Terraria is prohibited by 505 Games, and as we adhere to those policies, even if someone described how to do it, I’d need to remove that info from these forums. Distributing saved game files is also not permitted here. Here is more info on those policies: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

If you were pre-hardmode it wouldn’t be too hard to start again and gain back everything naturally. I know it’s a bummer to lose all your good gear though. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom