Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad there will be more detailed instructions regarding the linking of google accounts and what nots. I'm noit quite following it either and would likje to be as ready as possible when the update hits.

Should I save my stuff to the cloud now then or wait?

We now have some answers to these questions.

All you need to do now is to have a Google account with access to Google Drive.
Chances are that if you use Gmail, YouTube, the PlayStore, etc., you are already set up for this. If you want to check, go here: http://www.google.com/drive/

There are no additional steps needed to link this Google account to your Amazon device.

At the time of the update, when you launch the game and/or go to the cloud saves menu, the game itself will prompt you for your Google login information and the rest is automatic.

When will 1.2.4. content roll out for Amazon? I don't need an exact date, but it would be helpful if someone could give me a estimated time frame. And when it is released, will amazon have the bugs that other versions had when 1.2.4. came out for them or will the fixes float to the Amazon Platform?

Content-wise, all of the great changes and content updates that have already come to the iOS and Google Play versions will make it to the Amazon versions too, and will be rolled into updates once this issue is resolved. We want to make sure we successfully navigate these waters first.

:) I read that to mean it will be all the content and fixes.

Chances are that if you use Gmail, YouTube, the PlayStore, etc., you are already set up for this. If you want to check, go here: http://www.google.com/drive/

There are no additional steps needed to link this Google account to your Amazon device.

At the time of the update, when you launch the game and/or go to the cloud saves menu, the game itself will prompt you for your Google login information and the rest is automatic.
Thanks Tunnel, it's good to know they were able to solve the problem. :)

Can someone help me? I would like to move my character and worlds from my kindle fire to the cloud save in anticipation of the update. How can I do this?

Thanks! That answered my question perfectly.:D

I am curious if the Google Drive link would work while in Kindle Free Time? So many things that are for kids won't work in Free Time. Or if we don't use a cloud save, would the Google Drive even be necessary with local saves?

I am curious if the Google Drive link would work while in Kindle Free Time? So many things that are for kids won't work in Free Time. Or if we don't use a cloud save, would the Google Drive even be necessary with local saves?
If you don't use cloud saves, then this change shouldn't apply to you at all.

As for whether this will work with FreeTime - I have no idea. I would guess that if the Terraria app works in FreeTime now, it will continue to do so for local saves at least. AFAIK, you will only be prompted to log into Google if you try to access cloud saves; no idea what happens at that point if doing so while in FreeTime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom