Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear this. Been waiting for the update and I actually abandoned the Amazon version due to its slow update. I have trouble playing with other players since it hasn't updated yet because it won't update. Thank you for this information, it is much appreciated.

This is great news to Amazon players and even people who dont play the amazon version! I can finally play terraria with my sister which I have been waiting for so long to do! Keep up the good work and hope to be hearing the release date soon!

Hello everyone! Here with a quick update on Amazon status:

Amazon Kindle & FireTV new versions which uses Google Drive to save/load characters and worlds from the Cloud will enter External QA on Friday for a functional hammering! There are a few tweaks that we might look into as the Sync is currently a bit slow and our developer thinks that this might be some of the older code we are using, so would just be a refactor. We remain hopeful for a release in late May...but of course, that is all pending how well QA works out, etc.

We will keep everyone updated as we continue along the path to release here - will be fantastic to finally be able to deliver all of this content and the other fixes to our Amazon users!

Amazon Kindle & FireTV new versions which uses Google Drive to save/load characters and worlds from the Cloud will enter External QA on Friday for a functional hammering! There are a few tweaks that we might look into as the Sync is currently a bit slow and our developer thinks that this might be some of the older code we are using, so would just be a refactor. We remain hopeful for a release in late May...but of course, that is all pending how well QA works out, etc.

We will keep everyone updated as we continue along the path to release here - will be fantastic to finally be able to deliver all of this content and the other fixes to our Amazon users!
Noooooo! Not another month. I might ditch my Kindle and get an Android tablet.
[doublepost=1461786455,1461786416][/doublepost]

[doublepost=1461786515][/doublepost]Oops, didn't mean to post that twice.

In regards to timing: we are now 3 weeks into an anticipated 4 weeks of development on this, and we hope to have a further update for you within the next two weeks regarding a potential release date.

Seems a bit behind, yeah - but they have to do what they have to do to get it to work.....such is game development. If their solution wasn't working on the day they expected, then you have to go at it again. Sucks, surely, but at least it seems Amazon is finally actually on a path to being fixed here.

Optimist view, I suppose. :)

This is just ridiculous, why even give us a time frame? We all know that come late May, all we're going to get is another excuse and another delay. Oh wait I forgot, us Amazon users are "lucky" right?
Sorry you feel this way. We give timelines/expected release dates in the hopes that a very involved process goes smoothly and according to plan. When it doesn't happen, we try to be clear and transparent about why and whats next (that usually is accompanied by an apology, because we are...really sorry)
We will continue to work towards getting this update (fixes and content) to Amazon users. I'm like Loki, I tend to be an optimist, so I am hoping we can check this update off the list soon and move on to the next one :)

505 Games is very much testing my patience here. I was honestly heartbroken when I saw that the game would be delayed another month. Though honestly I am not surprised that they are having so many issues, I mean the game can barely go 10 minutes without freezing or crashing, so I don't think it's right to get angry as long as their trying to work through a lot of issues in order to ultimately give us the best possible gaming experience. As a lover of Terraria this whole experience has been hard (since we won't receive the update until a FULL YEAR after it was officially announced) but I love this game far to much to give up on it. So even though this is bad news, at least its not the massive period of silence we had to endure. So keep at it 505 games! I can't wait to see all the new content you're fixing up for us. :happy:
[doublepost=1461814525,1461814491][/doublepost]505 Games is very much testing my patience here. I was honestly heartbroken when I saw that the game would be delayed another month. Though honestly I am not surprised that they are having so many issues, I mean the game can barely go 10 minutes without freezing or crashing, so I don't think it's right to get angry as long as their trying to work through a lot of issues in order to ultimately give us the best possible gaming experience. As a lover of Terraria this whole experience has been hard (since we won't receive the update until a FULL YEAR after it was officially announced) but I love this game far to much to give up on it. So even though this is bad news, at least its not the massive period of silence we had to endure. So keep at it 505 games! I can't wait to see all the new content you're fixing up for us. :happy:

I always see people on iPads and they have 10 hotbar slots. I HATE IT. Just because I have a kindle doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to use ANYTHING OTHER THAN TOOLS (and a block) :dryadrolleyes:
[doublepost=1461890673,1461890601][/doublepost]WHY CAN'T I HAVE 10 SLOTS! I HATE IT!:dryadmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom