Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as people not getting updates yet -

I don't know myself how Amazon pushes out updates. It may be the case that they do it in batches on some schedule that they determine, and if you are waiting for an update notification, it might take a while to get to you. Again, I'm just spit-balling here.

I didn't get an update notification on my Kindle either; I saw some reports that it was out, checked my device, no notice. I then went to the store page in a web browser on my computer (NOT through the app on my device), and pressed the 'Deliver' button to start the download/install of the update. That's how I got it.

Amazon may not be as proactive with pushing out updates as Google. It seems like my Android phone is getting app updates almost daily, and sometimes weeks go by between app updates on my Kindle.

Regarding those people with 2nd-gen Kindle Fire devices (and I suppose this would apply to 1st gen, if there are any out there):
We are pursuing questions with 505Games and Codeglue to verify that those devices are supported with this update. We (forum staff) were never given any indication that they would not be supported, and to the best of our current knowledge they ARE supported. We will get this answered ASAP.

For everyone - IMPORTANT -

• Do NOT delete your app before updating! Deleting your app WILL delete all of your world/character saves, and we cannot help you retrieve those.
  • Please set up your Google Drive account FIRST, before you update/try to access your older cloud saves!
  • If you regularly use FreeTime to play Terraria, log into FreeTime to update the app (see the post directly below)

As a followup, my daughter also has a 3rd Generation Kindle (although she doesn't really play seriously) and I just tried the update for her. This time, instead of logging into Google before hitting the Play button, I checked to see if her local characters were there first before logging into Google.

The local saves are still there, but her cloud saves are gone. (her main character was on cloud save)

My son's main character was on local save.
Just to check - is Whispersync turned ON (in GameCircle) on their Kindles?

To access the older, pre-update cloud saves the first time, I think that Whispersync MUST be enabled. Once accessed that first time AFTER the update, then they get saved to Google Drive.

If they could still access their cloud saves BEFORE the update, then Whispersync must have been On in GameCircle.

Last edited:
Breaking news!

Turns out on my son's Kindle I was running in normal mode, and he usually runs in Free Time (the kid mode). SOOOO, after we logged into Free Time, the app had to re-update itself, and his local data was there! (also, his cloud save data worked correctly... so it looks like only my daughter lost her cloud save)

Still no luck installing the update on my phone, but I don't really care much about that. I'm assuming that will get sorted eventually. Or not, really I just felt bad cause my son lost all his stuff.

Thanks for the time, guys!

Breaking news!

Turns out on my son's Kindle I was running in normal mode, and he usually runs in Free Time (the kid mode). SOOOO, after we logged into Free Time, the app had to re-update itself, and his local data was there! (also, his cloud save data worked correctly... so it looks like only my daughter lost her cloud save)

Still no luck installing the update on my phone, but I don't really care much about that. I'm assuming that will get sorted eventually. Or not, really I just felt bad cause my son lost all his stuff.

Thanks for the time, guys!
I can't like this post enough :D I'm glad it sorted out in a positive way.

I've added this info to my mini-checklist above for people to check.

This is great news, but if you'll excuse me I got a date with duke fishron to attend to :D
[doublepost=1465439637,1465439238][/doublepost]I also really hope my stuff saves. I have no cloud saves I just have regular and I just got turtle armor so I am praying that all my stuff is safe. Well at least my world. Updating tomorrow so crossing my fingers. So excited but nervous... :D:confused:

HAHHAHAHAH IT'S UPDATING RIGHT NOW FOR MEEE!!! I probably should go put all my stuff from local to cloud save now....:naughty:

HAHHAHAHAH IT'S UPDATING RIGHT NOW FOR MEEE!!! I probably should go put all my stuff from local to cloud save now....:naughty:

OMG THE UPDATE IS SO WORTH IT AND I DIDN'T HAD TO RELOCATE MY STUFF BECAUSE MY LOCAL SAVES ARE STILL THERE! :D:happy::p:naughty::redmunch::redspin:

Guys sorry for replying 3x in a row but.... Somethings wrong with the update. I mean when ever I enter my cloud save, my game would exit and I have to tap on the game again...:eek: Also it deleted one of my local save characters and it wouldn't stop saying this "Lizardus (my character's name)Was created when the new version was updated therefore it did not load" It kept on saying that every time I click on "play" when the character slots shows up and I know for a fact that I created Lizardus way back before this new update. I deleted the app and I'm reloading it back up again. (Yes I know my local save will be gone but, it's ok, I relocated all my stuff to my cloud save.) I hope this will help the game anonymous exiting bug problem...:sigh:P.S.-I still can't capitalize my character's and world's names. THANKS FOR READING! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no update for me
[doublepost=1465483790,1465483758][/doublepost]Why
[doublepost=1465484315][/doublepost]I'm about to refund terraria if I can't get the update on my kindle fire 2nd genk

Still no update for me
[doublepost=1465483790,1465483758][/doublepost]Why
[doublepost=1465484315][/doublepost]I'm about to refund terraria if I can't get the update on my kindle fire 2nd genk
We're trying to get answers for both early version Kindles and non-Kindle devices.

I know it's hard to be patient again - frankly, it's hard for me to ask it. But that is what we're asking, while we figure this out. Loki is pushing on them now for answers.

So far 1.2.4 is great but I noticed a bug. When you break a whine glass it turns into teal mushrooms. That's the only bug, but excellent work I've been playing all day ;)

I'm really glad it's finally out, but one thing is missing... How do I access the feature where I can dye wings? That's one thing I was looking forward to that doesn't seem to be there. Is that not even in this version after all?

I'm really glad it's finally out, but one thing is missing... How do I access the feature where I can dye wings? That's one thing I was looking forward to that doesn't seem to be there. Is that not even in this version after all?
It does not seem to be in any mobile version, at this time. Accessories do not have vanity or dye slots.

At least some of the console versions do not have this either, I'm told. Both mobile and console will need UI updates to support this, I believe.

It does not seem to be in any mobile version, at this time. Accessories do not have vanity or dye slots.

At least some of the console versions do not have this either, I'm told. Both mobile and console will need UI updates to support this, I believe.
Thanks for you response, I appreciate it. Guess I'll have to wait for that, then... Do you think that feature will come to mobile (specifically Amazon) anytime in the near future?

Thanks for you response, I appreciate it. Guess I'll have to wait for that, then... Do you think that feature will come to mobile (specifically Amazon) anytime in the near future?
I have no idea, especially "in the near future" part.

It's not just an Amazon issue, it's for all mobile platforms.

Hello everyone. We have an update on the “Incompatible Device” Issues that some users are experiencing:

WINDOWS PHONE:
· Terraria is a win8 app, but should run on Win10 devices.
· ‘The "incompatible" with Win10 devices issue is a backend system thing that is making win10 devices think they are incompatible when they should be able to run the game. We are looking into ways to get around that.

AMAZON:
· Non-Amazon devices running the Amazon version with at least 1GB of RAM and capable of running Android 4.02+ should be able to be "compatible" soon - we are just making sure that things are stable on mainline Amazon devices at the same tier first before introducing more variables.
· First Gen Kindles will unfortunately not be compatible with this update as they cannot support the needed OS and Hardware Specs
· Second Gen Kindles (those that meet the 1gb and 4.02+ OS requirements) should have their compatibility restored at the same time as the non-Amazon devices do.

Sincerely sorry for the confusion and the added wait for some of you - we will be working as hard as possible to clear out the last remaining obstacles and get this update in your hands ASAP.

Stay tuned!

PS: A HUGE thanks to @Tunnel King for his support of everyone on this - and everything else. :cool:

Hello everyone. We have an update on the “Incompatible Device” Issues that some users are experiencing:

WINDOWS PHONE:
· Terraria is a win8 app, but should run on Win10 devices.
· ‘The "incompatible" with Win10 devices issue is a backend system thing that is making win10 devices think they are incompatible when they should be able to run the game. We are looking into ways to get around that.

AMAZON:
· Non-Amazon devices running the Amazon version with at least 1GB of RAM and capable of running Android 4.02+ should be able to be "compatible" soon - we are just making sure that things are stable on mainline Amazon devices at the same tier first before introducing more variables.
· First Gen Kindles will unfortunately not be compatible with this update as they cannot support the needed OS and Hardware Specs
· Second Gen Kindles (those that meet the 1gb and 4.02+ OS requirements) should have their compatibility restored at the same time as the non-Amazon devices do.

Sincerely sorry for the confusion and the added wait for some of you - we will be working as hard as possible to clear out the last remaining obstacles and get this update in your hands ASAP.

Stay tuned!

PS: A HUGE thanks to @Tunnel King for his support of everyone on this - and everything else. :cool:
Thanks 505 and @Tunnel King

I like the new save symbol
[doublepost=1465499088,1465498944][/doublepost]By the way, are pocket watches on the game yet.

Hello! What about my game exiting by its self bug! It seems when ever I log in my Google account the game exits on its self every 30 seconds. Btw my device is kindle fire HDX (3rd generation).:confused:

Hello! What about my game exiting by its self bug! It seems when ever I log in my Google account the game exits on its self every 30 seconds. Btw my device is kindle fire HDX (3rd generation).:confused:

I have the same general device version, I'm not experiencing this problem.

Did you try this?

*UPDATE 5/25/16*
If you do experience any crashes once you’ve updated to the new version, please exit the game, navigate to System settings > Applications > Amazon GameCircle, locate 'WhisperSync for Games' and disable it. Then restart the system. This will disable the Whispersync service on your device and prevent it from running in the background while playing Terraria.
Note: Be advised that this will mean Whispersync services are not available for all Apps on the device while it is disabled. This should not effect any other GameCircle services such as Leaderboards or Achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom