Resolved [Mobile] Terraria Mobile app instantly crashes

Red_Beard

Official Terrarian
I've redownloaded the game app from the play store several times and each time, it crashes instantly upon trying to open it.

When I try to just launch the game. Maybe 2 seconds in LITERALLY and it says (the app (Terraria) has stopped working unexpectedly). I've sent in multiple reports as well. I sent you a private message

When I try to just launch the game. Maybe 2 seconds in LITERALLY and it says (the app (Terraria) has stopped working unexpectedly). I've sent in multiple reports as well. I sent you a private message
Thanks Grizz, yes, I got your private message. :) Since the game worked before on this device, has anything changed - upgraded the OS, downloaded any Terraria-related apps (such as Plug, all-item worlds, etc)? Just trying to pinpoint what could have changed from when the app worked on your device to now. Was there a reason that you uninstalled it in the first place?

Also, what do your Terraria files look like now? Is there anything out of the ordinary. Can you upload screenshots of this folder: "Android" > "data" > "com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid"

Here is more details about the file system if you need it:
Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Local File Structure, Explained
Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Backup/Restore Instructions for Android

I bought Terraria way before Google rolled out (play pass) recently and I switched back to the G6 play. I redownloaded Terraria right after i recently activated my Google play pass free trial and now that my play pass trial is expired, everytime I download Terraria, the game keeps stopping unexpectedly aka crashes. I'm thinking Google servers have it in the system that I haven't paid for the game but I bought the game at least a year before play pass rolled out

I bought Terraria way before Google rolled out (play pass) recently and I switched back to the G6 play. I redownloaded Terraria right after i recently activated my Google play pass free trial and now that my play pass trial is expired, everytime I download Terraria, the game keeps stopping unexpectedly aka crashes. I'm thinking Google servers have it in the system that I haven't paid for the game but I bought the game at least a year before play pass rolled out
Ahhh, now this is important info. So you purchased the game and played it. (Did you play it on the G6?) Then you got a Google Play Pass trial, so you downloaded it (onto the G6?) using Play Pass and played until the trial ran out. Now you want to go back to your original purchased version and are installing it on the G6. Is that correct?

So to help nail down the details - what device did you originally play the purchased version? And what device did you use for the Play Pass trial?

Either way, it should let you get back to your purchased game, but having the above info about what devices were used will help.

I've played both the original version on the G6 and the play pass version on the G6. I had the original version way before I switched devicesn all. I had the original version waaay before play pass even rolled out and Yes you're correct. I've swapped devices multiple times but still...it's got me geeked out about why it's doing that

I've played both the original version on the G6 and the play pass version on the G6. I had the original version way before I switched devicesn all. I had the original version waaay before play pass even rolled out and Yes you're correct. I've swapped devices multiple times but still...it's got me geeked out about why it's doing that
Another question - because I'm not familiar with Android and Play Pass - did you have to download a new Terraria app when you played it using Play Pass?

Also, you mention switching devices, but I don't see where you used any other device besides the G6. It may not matter in the long run, but I want to make sure to have all the details correct in order to look into it further.

Not real recently I haven't used any other devices other than the G6 and yes when I got the G6 back, I redownloaded it after my play pass expired and that's when I noticed the crashing

I tried sending a short screen recording of what was happening but it keeps telling me it doesn't allow the extension

Here's a screenshot instead of the video and it was mp4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191012-215110.png
    Screenshot_20191012-215110.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 82
Thanks Grizz. I’ll see what can be found out about the game not loading after playing with it in Play Pass.
Thank you sooo much cause I'm really super bummed out that I can't play Terraria when I could before. I'm leaving it in yours and your devs hands

Thank you sooo much cause I'm really super bummed out that I can't play Terraria when I could before. I'm leaving it in yours and your devs hands
It may take a bit of time, so no promises that it’ll be speedy. :) I know it’s a bummer to not be able to play in the meantime though.

About that, see I just recently picked up my tab s5e today from the pawnshop which I had Terraria on and it's working perfectly fine

Back
Top Bottom