Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
You used the 'Cloud' storage slots? That would require being on the internet to access and save process.

There maybe some stricker standards now in the current version with Cloud drive connections, since there have been issues with that before. It might be requirement be online constantly for someone to play via Cloud saved characters or worlds.
Or another glitch.:sigh:And EVERYONE needs to be online. I'd have to test that out later. Unless someone else can verify things.

But I can't say for sure what is going on, since I never used or set up a Cloud 'anything' with my device. I just know the technical concepts of how things work.:(
no cloud saves ,ever, always local saves(on device) I'm sure 505games/codeglue is aware of this issue, was stated before in an official post , just very frustrating, the other fixes did not concern me, knowing that they would fix it , just the fact I can only play the game I bought only when I'm online, not like that before last 2 updates

no cloud saves ,ever, always local saves(on device) I'm sure 505games/codeglue is aware of this issue, was stated before in an official post , just very frustrating, the other fixes did not concern me, knowing that they would fix it , just the fact I can only play the game I bought only when I'm online, not like that before last 2 updates
Well, answers that. :(

The Cloud thing was best cause I could think of...

I wouldn't notice the issue, being constantly connected online.

I was hoping it was something simple from a simple misunderstanding.

I'll test out the need for a data connection later, but I get what you are saying now. And that stinks. Isn't much I can offer to help with.

On an added note... which I guess they already know.
@505 Games Support
The program still doesn't fully unload from memory when you quit. It treats exiting as an app switch to the home screen. I know it is a big program and can take time for some devices to reload, but if someone exits out of a world, and exits out of the main screen, the program should remove itself from active memory like all other game apps I've seen.

Last edited:

No iCloud character? No iCloud world? Is it playable on wifi? Is it the world or the character causing the problem? Make another character and another world (just to test the issue). You can make one without wifi.

My iCloud world is still locked (and I still cling to the hope that one day it won't be) but my new iCloud character works fine.

If you have anything associated with iCloud at all, you require wifi or data: character, world, or both.

Hope that helped.

Now that I think about it, maybe after that last bit of downloading, and file extracting, it will be playable offline.

After every update, the program downloads more stuff and then extracts files.

If that doesn't help (or you already did that), then I'm at a loss as to what else to do.

Ummmmmmm. Wtf is this?
Screenshot_2016-02-08-14-27-49.png
Screenshot_2016-02-08-14-27-49.png
Screenshot_2016-02-08-14-27-56.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1454967218,1454967159][/DOUBLEPOST]On sm-t230nu running android 4.2.2 (jelly bean)

Ummmmmmm. Wtf is this?View attachment 95799 View attachment 95799 View attachment 95800
[DOUBLEPOST=1454967218,1454967159][/DOUBLEPOST]On sm-t230nu running android 4.2.2 (jelly bean)
Tried turning it to one side and bumping the edge of the tablet to nudge the menu back into the center of the screen? (j/k :p)

If only it were that easy. What gets me is that usually stuff is top left aligned when the screen resolution doesn't fit the format, not bottom left.

I would ask if turning over the tablet would help in fixing it, but I doubt it would; plus the game doesn't support screen rotation, so that's a moot point.

Does it always do that now, after the update, or only occasionally?

Speaking of bugs, it's about time that my discount card works! Actually I already bought my parrot (don't even ask why) and wasted it! :(

Guys, if you have android, link of the bugs fixed are in the description. I'm sure you can find manually if you have ios. Anyways, I looked at the bugs fixed, they are mo4e towards the minor bugs. Such as sprite issues, I think I read that they fixed the solar eclipse enemies not stacking issue, hair stylist bugs were fixed, etc. I think I read se sort of save issue was fixed. I don't remeber, I read it the second the update came out, which was a couple hours ago. I have bad memory. Haha

Guys, if you have android, link of the bugs fixed are in the description. I'm sure you can find manually if you have ios. Anyways, I looked at the bugs fixed, they are mo4e towards the minor bugs. Such as sprite issues, I think I read that they fixed the solar eclipse enemies not stacking issue, hair stylist bugs were fixed, etc. I think I read se sort of save issue was fixed. I don't remeber, I read it the second the update came out, which was a couple hours ago. I have bad memory. Haha
Didn't see anything major that was relavent to my interests either.

If the Heap issue is as bad as I think it is, it will still be quite a while before it gets resolved.

The 'needle in a haystack' phrase comes to mind. It is findable, but it takes time and diligence to find it.

But expect a ton of major fixes once they do discover exactly where the problem is. :)

Until then, I guess I have to wait. :(

Yay! After the bug fix (ios), the pressure plate sprites are fine for me; no longer trees or a quarter of a furnace (yeah, I had that issue too), and my Lihzahrd traps are doing heaps of damage (20 damage, etc. instead of 1-2). I'm really happy when it comes to traps, as now my "arena" actually serves a proper purpose apart from giving me hearts from statues and making enemies die in a specific pit.

However, the Angler still hasn't spawned. They probably haven't started fixing this yet, and that's fine..

I had a thought though, when I checked out the beaches again.

On the first image, there is some sort of mob, probably a slime or crab. Even so, what if that was the Angler? I cannot reach it/him, as the map size has been cut on all worlds (since the reworked beaches and backgrounds). I cannot go further to the edge than I am on the images.

UJQAB76.jpg

zSKdgyu.jpg

So simply, no Angler. Also (I'm sure everyone else has had this problem) smaller maps, including down in the underworld and up in space. I made a skybridge early on which has since been cut out by the new map size, and (thankfully) not much had changed in the underworld. On another second world, the underworld was a mess, half cut out. I couldn't properly fight the Wall of Flesh there anymore so I've since replaced it.

Last thing. I'm not sure if this is by design, but whenever I chase a boss off the screen (into space) it disappears/despawns. Maybe it actually doesn't despawn, but simply is trapped in the space where I cannot access. I was fighting Ocram recently and chased him into the sky. He kept going and so did I (I use melee weapons, as others are hard to use on a very small screen). I lost the loot (I know it isn't worth much, but even so..). I think this has happened with others too.

It was nowhere near day, by the way.

I've just remembered something else, in regards to bosses. Sometimes on multiplayer the client will spawn a boss and see it on their screen, but the other person doesn't, or only sees the head. This happened with Skeletron; only his head was visible to me (no hands), and also with the Destroyer; I could only see the single head segment. It would pop up for two or so secs then disappear into the ground (the rest of the body was basically not there for me; no damage whatsoever).

Thanks if anyone responds to... this. I remembered a heap of things that I wasn't going to write, and still am (I won't say much, but I think the Terra Blade's multiplayer sprite is wrong). Well, that's that. Finally.
[DOUBLEPOST=1455008769,1455008364][/DOUBLEPOST]One other thing.
VFyxquk.jpg
This had sometimes appeared. Not sure if the bug patch could have fixed this.

Attachments

• IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0950.jpg
    IMG_0950.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 438
@CurlingKing72
1) That's great. I'm glad it's fixed for you. I myself still have the same problem :b

2) did you check both sides of your world? I'm pretty sure that dot is a jellyfish or something (but not sure). The angler can spawn both on the beach and floating on the surface of the ocean. Do you have an available house? Sometimes they need those.

3) I did have problems with the underworld and the ocean as well. Once, my ocean on my left wasn't there. It was, like, the smallest chunk of ocean ever. And my right side was huge.

4) yes it does. I don't particularly find this as being a problem (though it is something they can fix) because I always 'lure' the bosses back down. I don't know about Ocram (never fought him before) but as he's a flying boss, I would just build an arena on the ground and fight him there.

6) hmm, strange. I was on multiplayer before the bug fix update (and I wasn't the host) and skeleton appeared just fine. It was a bit laggy but nothing major occurred like what you described. So that means either (a) it's the update or (b) it was your connection or (c) it's your device. What device do you have?

I can test this sometime but I suggest you try again (just upload a new world and delete it after or use the doll) and see if it's something external, like the connection. Did you have any major lags or did this stick out?
[DOUBLEPOST=1455027734,1455027645][/DOUBLEPOST]@505 Games Support The baby mushroom pet still float-walks. Like there's two blocks, not one.

@505 Games Support Traps do 20–30 damage. Please look up the actual amount of damage that they do.

Heard back that the PC rules were indeed implemented in the latest patch.

Out of curiosity, which traps are you saying are not properly tuned? There are a lot of variables that go into play, and 20-30 damage is not out of the range of the "very possible". Keep in mind that I am looking at the ACTUAL damage rules and not whatever the wiki thinks is reality. ;)

Yes! Thank you 505-you implemented the correct trap damage values- I guess the chart I made wasn't as big a waste of time as I thought. Haven't found any major issues yet, but this was my main gripe and I am very happy (as you can tell) that it has been fixed.

Last edited:
Thanks for your continued support and help identifying bugs! Your help is tremendous in fixing things better and faster - however, a giant forum thread hasn't proven to be the best method to do this, efficiency-wise.

From here out, please complete and submit this form to report new bugs. It is still best to read through the existing ones to prevent duplicates. Going forward, the form will be the best way to communicate your findings to the dev team as is allows them to sort and manage them easier (and get to the solutions faster) :)

We will keep the first post of this thread updated with the status of bugs captured and/or fixed for easy reference.

For all other issues, please continue to use the Customer Support portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom