Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a time when "no update" updates or vague updates were probably appreciated by some. However the users that paid for versions that are unplayable since the update most likely will not. I certainly do not and don't care how annoyed you or others get when I ask when the game will be fixed, not updated, fixed.
I can understand your frustration, but don't take it out on Loki, or tunnel King, leinfors or any other mods/ Relogic members on this thread. It is not their fault.

What. The. Actual. Heck?!!!!
Child murdering, why did that even come up?

Its fairly common practice in games to avoid any possible way to deliberately kill children. In some games, like Fallout or Fable, children are just invincible, while in others, mainly a lot of sandbox games like GTA, the world is just mysteriously empty of them (so you don't end up killing any in the havoc). This is generally because the ability to deliberately choose to kill a child character (as opposed to an adult character, or a child dying via storyline) is more frowned upon by the ESRB and tends to warrant higher age limits in games.

While there is no indication that it was necessary, Terraria notably has a unique death message and "gore" for the Angler; instead of saying he died and falling into body parts like other NPCs, it says "he left" and he disappears in a puff of smoke, sounding like a Wraith dying. Thus you can't "kill" him like other NPCs, he only leaves.

Its unlikely the game would actually get an increased age limit due to such a small oversight, but it is worth reporting and getting fixed, if only for consistencies sake.

Its fairly common practice in games to avoid any possible way to deliberately kill children. In some games, like Fallout or Fable, children are just invincible, while in others, mainly a lot of sandbox games like GTA, the world is just mysteriously empty of them (so you don't end up killing any in the havoc). This is generally because the ability to deliberately choose to kill a child character (as opposed to an adult character, or a child dying via storyline) is more frowned upon by the ESRB and tends to warrant higher age limits in games.

While there is no indication that it was necessary, Terraria notably has a unique death message and "gore" for the Angler; instead of saying he died and falling into body parts like other NPCs, it says "he left" and he disappears in a puff of smoke, sounding like a Wraith dying. Thus you can't "kill" him like other NPCs, he only leaves.

Its unlikely the game would actually get an increased age limit due to such a small oversight, but it is worth reporting and getting fixed, if only for consistencies sake.

I didn't know the angler was a child. He certainly doesn't talk or act like one. That's why I'm scratching my head here.
joeymagnus1 has a good point, the world is getting to be way too politically clinton...Oops I mean correct.
But I digress, this isn't the thread topic.

I didn't know the angler was a child. He certainly doesn't talk or act like one. That's why I'm scratching my head here.
joeymagnus1 has a good point, the world is getting to be way too politically clinton...Oops I mean correct.
The angler is actually supposed to be a pompous kid who thinks you're his slave. I think it doesnt really fit because he still gives rewards even though his dialogue would say otherwise...

He does sort of talk like one, if you keep an eye out for the clues. :)

Some of his dialogue seems to directly indicate being a child:
  • "I don't have a mommy or a daddy, but I have a lot of fish! It's close enough!"
  • "Let a kid give you some advice, never touch your tongue to an ice block! Wait, forget what I said, I totally want to see you do it!"
He's also a bit of a prankster, and a number of his names are typically "kid versions" of names like Billy, Danny, Jimmy, Sammy, and Timmy.

There is also this:
Eye Height.png

His eye level is even lower than the Demolitionist, who as a Dwarf, is shorter than all of the other NPCs (though his hat makes him appear to be slightly taller).

Yay.... It's 4 th of January.

Developers will come to work soon. And Google will open soon..

Yepiiiii......

:)

People in this world just keep more and more butt hurt. In the forties you had 18 year Olds fighting and dying for their country. Now they're in counseling because "words do hurt".

I wish I could dislike this. Please keep your gamergate ideologies to yourself and out of a bug board. There are other boards where you can discuss your hemorrhoids and fissures.

Thanks

@REXCOR and @joeymagnus1, BOTH of your comments and attitudes are out of place and excessively disrespectful. Keep it out of the official bug threads, and honestly, keep it off the forum entirely. Its not welcome here.

On a less dark note, (well i say 'less dark', im talking about an annoying bug xD) is only being able to have one flask buff active at a time a bug or meant to be?

I don't know whether this is a bug or not..

When fishing I got copper ores and bars although my world doesn't have any copper In it at all..

If this is not a bug.. How can I get more copper and gold ores from crates that I fish..

I mean is there any potion or fishing pole that can help me to fish more crates..

I'm in pre hardmode.. So please help. But I don't want to go to hardmode now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1451853534,1451853454][/DOUBLEPOST]
On a less dark note, (well i say 'less dark', im talking about an annoying bug xD) is only being able to have one flask buff active at a time a bug or meant to be?
It's meant to be like that.

But I kind of wish we could use more than one flasks

Sorry for double posting.. It was an accident.

@Killer K, fishing for alternate ores (aka, the ores not found normally in your world) is a feature of fishing.

The Crate Potion will increase your odds of getting crates, though Sonar Potions will go a long way in saving bait in doing so.

I don't know whether this is a bug or not..

When fishing I got copper ores and bars although my world doesn't have any copper In it at all..

If this is not a bug.. How can I get more copper and gold ores from crates that I fish..

I mean is there any potion or fishing pole that can help me to fish more crates..

I'm in pre hardmode.. So please help. But I don't want to go to hardmode now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1451853534,1451853454][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's meant to be like that.

But I kind of wish we could use more than one flasks

Sorry for double posting.. It was an accident.
You can fish alternate ores yes. My world has mythril, titanium and I think cobalt, but I have got all of the other 3 from crates. If you want more crates use the crate potion which I think is pre hard mode.

Edit: looks like I got beaten to it

Thanks for the tip guys...

I will try sonar potion. Because I still didn't found the extractinator... (sorry if spelling is wrong)

Thanks again guys.

Thanks for the tip guys...

I will try sonar potion. Because I still didn't found the extractinator... (sorry if spelling is wrong)

Thanks again guys.
If you want the extractinator loot golden underground chests, I didn't even know you could get them in fishing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom