Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Iphone's not jailbroken but there are still ways of backing up you saved data out there. I do it regularly, just in case (even though I haven't experienced corrupted characters or worlds so far, thankfully).

Same place it was last update they gave us.....chasing down the crashes that are happening on Amazon that are blocking approval (while adding all of these ongoing fixes in parallel).

Same thing with WP - rebuild is well underway with great progress, working with MS in parallel on any fixes with the existing base.

Also have been discussing a better way to get bugs captured and reported with
the needed info. As great as a single forum thread is, it is full of repeats and not enough info, and is really hard to follow. Hoping for a better solution there and then we can use this thread just to show bug STATUS. The devs get what they need, the community gets a steadily-updated list so that they can stay abreast of things.

Will ask for more info on this week's calls.

Yes!!! Thanks for some news on the Amazon version Loki.

Hey guys,how are u?

So,idk its just happening to me but it seems that Duke Fishron its like supa dupa OP.
I do have almost every weapon and armor in game, (less from pumpkin moon and frost moon,because unfortunately my arena traps arent doing damage to mobs)

I really dont know if its really hard or he its very OP due the update.But i fight with him like 6 times and never did it.

Just for info im using:

-Completed beetle armor
-Fire glaunts
-lighting boots
-spooky wings
-star vein
-philosophical stone

Weapon:
- palladin hammer
- vampire knifes
- possessed hatched

Minios and stuff.
I am really having problem dueling him.

The last thing : Quest fishes dont appear in any place in my world

Hey guys. This isn't really a GLITH exactly, but I have no idea what it is. It was just sitting up by a floating island. Can't destroy it, and when the block above it was destroyed it went up until it encountered another block.
IMG_0965.PNG
IMG_0964.PNG

(I'm talking about the wierd star symbol by the way.)

Hey guys,how are u?

So,idk its just happening to me but it seems that Duke Fishron its like supa dupa OP.
I do have almost every weapon and armor in game, (less from pumpkin moon and frost moon,because unfortunately my arena traps arent doing damage to mobs)

I really dont know if its really hard or he its very OP due the update.But i fight with him like 6 times and never did it.

Just for info im using:

-Completed beetle armor
-Fire glaunts
-lighting boots
-spooky wings
-star vein
-philosophical stone

Weapon:
- palladin hammer
- vampire knifes
- possessed hatched

Minios and stuff.

Are you fighting him outside of the ocean biome? Because if so it is normal. The 1.2.4 update on mobile was given a few pc 1.3 easter eggs like new potion sprites, and enraged fishron was one of them. Try building a minecart track in a figure of 8 shape, about 50 blocks from the ocean surface. Make sure the track stays in the ocean biome, and just attack him with what youve got. Id go for paladin's hammer for burst damage, and if youre getting low on health just switch to vamp knives. I overprepared with this fight the first time, using the beetle shell, all my accessories warding and ironskin and endurance buffs, but seriously just go damage stack. This is probably the easiest way to defeat him, doesnt even need too much prep. Hope this helps!

I've seen that one reported a number of times. Looks like an NPC housing banner, but it always shows up in Sky Islands.

Hey guys. This isn't really a GLITH exactly, but I have no idea what it is. It was just sitting up by a floating island. Can't destroy it, and when the block above it was destroyed it went up until it encountered another block. View attachment 94963 View attachment 94964
Thats the angler's npc banner, if you check the sleeping angler will be directly below it. Dont know why the devs added this, but i guess it would be useful to noobs.

Hey guys. This isn't really a GLITH exactly, but I have no idea what it is. It was just sitting up by a floating island. Can't destroy it, and when the block above it was destroyed it went up until it encountered another block. View attachment 94963 View attachment 94964

Thats the angler's npc banner, if you check the sleeping angler will be directly below it. Dont know why the devs added this, but i guess it would be useful to noobs.

That happened to me, too.

OH! That’s kind of cool.

Took a chance and used my scouting character to confirm this. And...
Screenshot_2016-02-02-21-29-15-1.jpg

Yup! On one of my worlds, right where there was a floating island, there it was. Note: brand new-ish character, so I grabbed some gear (Cloud in a Bottle and Balloon) from my first world and used a Gravity Potion and Invisibility Potion to not get attacked by Harpies.
Screenshot_2016-02-02-21-36-20-1.jpg

Here I am again, after grabbing some dirt to make a bridge, and it popped up instantly on my other world where there was no land to hang the banner on.

Note: These are practically brand new worlds, so the guy is sleep right under that banner.

In the process of confirming this.. my second guy, Rob, died a couple times.
Screenshot_2016-02-02-21-41-20-1.jpg

But... not even his grave stone listed his name!
Can't fake this even if I wanted to. There is no way to write on signs or tombstones. As soon as I pick one up, they go "..." on me.

Anyway, another thing I found out. (a couple more pics)
Screenshot_2016-02-02-21-42-41-1.jpg

First character, named James (obviously), still stuck in limbo, but at least the game recognizes he is still in the system.

However...
Screenshot_2016-02-02-21-44-47-1.jpg

Ever since James got trapped, his 'ghost' has been causing Rob's character image to be displaced. Rob's character icon used to be in the second slot, until awhile ago when I jumped around in a couple worlds to do another check (which I mentioned in another post)

Note: Rob in the first images doesn't look anything like the character appearance in this last pic. With the displaced character icon, it sets everything to (I assume) the first listed settings for each part of the character. Explains why he is dressed (edit: almost) in white and looks almost like the Guide.
(edit: not sure what colors those are, but it sure isn't what I originally picked for Rob. Nor is it how James looks either.)
(Another added edit: The short trip to my first world made me realize how much I missed it. I wish I could play it again, without fear if it too going onto limbo, or worse.)

Last edited:
Hey guys,how are u?

Just for info im using:

-Completed beetle armor
-Fire glaunts
-lighting boots
-spooky wings
-star vein
-philosophical stone

Weapon:
- palladin hammer
- vampire knifes
- possessed hatched

Minios and stuff.

U just need to move fast to avoid him and his projectals, i just use vampire knives

Oh dear god! :eek: (and I don't say stuff like that lightly)

I feel so sorry for them, and countless others that simple want to just enjoy a neat game they paid for.

I'll... just kinda sorta.. not touch the game until the :red: storm has cleared up. I all of a sudden feel like I've got a bomb on my smartphone. But instead of being an explosive concussive force from a highly energetic chemical reaction; it is am emotion based time bomb, gradually building up in force until it is released at random, liable to cause a volatile emotional response which could cause secondary physical damage to the device. (aka, the user getting ticked off and apply some irrational violence to an otherwise beloved electronic device)

@505 Games Support Please fix this save game file issue. If there is a way to upload my saved game files (and have a way to back them up w/o rooting) I'd be more than happy to provide what bug testing I can.

I've seen :red: get used as a censorship device, so kind of using it as such. I honestly don't know the joke behind it, if there is one.

no problems, everything is resolved by now. Restoring the file was easier done than said! All of my characters are back to normal! Nothing out of the ordinary! I kinda forgotten about this since my world and character was restored and gone faarrr into it. And I also defeated duke fishotron! Thanks for all the sopport!

no problems, everything is resolved by now. Restoring the file was easier done than said! All of my characters are back to normal! Nothing out of the ordinary! I kinda forgotten about this since my world and character was restored and gone faarrr into it. And I also defeated duke fishotron! Thanks for all the sopport!
How exactly did you get things back?

How exactly did you get things back?

Well, I just realized beforehand that I actually prepared for something like this to happend to me. I used a file explorer, found where terraria saves it's files and copied the current character and world save files into a folder. When I lost my world I cried a bit (not really) came crawling to these forms for help..... AAAnd realized I made backup files and copied my folders into terrarias save folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom