• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwang040

Terrarian
I suspect all of these "damage numbers don't match PC" issues are purposeful (balanced to mobile). All I will say for now is that rebalancing is a known thing that is on the list....and will let more details on that come later. For now, my push is on the team to fix the actual core/critical bugs....because until they can get that under control, nothing else content or balance or anything should arrive. Fix the current house first.

Just as a note. :)
I believe they do balance out. On the wiki, the main difference between pc vs mobile and console is the amount of material, and the damage.

Nemisis

Terrarian
Be patient. He only got added to PC 6 months ago

I know Moon lord has only been active for 6 months but that should be enough time, but then again I'm not a programmer I don't know how hard it is to do it.

SwordAce1103

Duke Fishron
Yeah, that's probably lyrics what happened with the helmet. The mana flower, I don't know what happened...
Did the Mana Flower despawn when you equipped it?
Be patient. He only got added to PC 6 months ago

I know Moon lord has only been active for 6 months but that should be enough time, but then again I'm not a programmer I don't know how hard it is to do it.
They could add the Moon Lord, but then people would be mad because they would want all the 1.3 stuff. And they’ve been working on 1.2.4 since before the Moon Lord came to PC, so first they would have to fix all the bugs and UI, and THEN they might start working on 1.3. It would still probably take at least a year.

Thibbs

Terrarian

They could add the Moon Lord, but then people would be mad because they would want all the 1.3 stuff. And they’ve been working on 1.2.4 since before the Moon Lord came to PC, so first they would have to fix all the bugs and UI, and THEN they might start working on 1.3. It would still probably take at least a year.
At least a year and about a gazillion new bugs.

mech4warden

Terrarian
Heck with the Moon Lord! Fix the critical glitches first before causing any more impending doom.

I can't help but ask the people doing these damage tests if they are doing it with or without armor; or somehow taking into account the damage reduction factor and calculating the numbers right.

Personally, I'd test both with and without armor, to check raw damage, and to see if the armor values are being used correctly.

A tester might want to make a note of that when quoting damage, otherwise it will be hard to correlate and verify the numbers people are getting.

There is the http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Terraria_Wiki. which should give you numbers as to what damage values should be.

Last edited:

SwordAce1103

Duke Fishron
At least a year and about a gazillion new bugs.
Yup. Unless they get a new team of QA people who have actually played the game. Right now it’s pretty much an open beta.
Heck with the Moon Lord! Fix the critical glitches first before causing any more impending doom.

I can't help but ask the people doing these damage tests if they are doing it with or without armor; or somehow taking into account the damage reduction factor and calculating the numbers right.

Personally, I'd test both with and without armor, to check raw damage, and to see if the armor values are being used correctly.

A tester might want to make a note of that when quoting damage, otherwise it will be hard to correlate and verify the numbers people are getting.

There is the http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Terraria_Wiki. which should give you numbers as to what damage values should be.
I do all that, I check the wiki, I check videos of the PC version, I always use no defense. Trust me, I know what I’m doing. I’m not just making random assumptions.

mech4warden

Terrarian
I do all that, I check the wiki, I check videos of the PC version, I always use no defense. Trust me, I know what I’m doing. I’m not just making random assumptions.
lol, OK OK. But it does help to state your methods at times. New people come on and see a mess of messages and have no idea at first how reliable some sources of info are or know exactly what is being talked out.

Indirectly, the post was also for people that later may want to do their own testing, and should keep in mind what factors play into things before stating similar kinds of numbers.

I know I saw you were stating damage values, and knew you were thorough with things, but I wasn't sure if you were the only one (recently) or if others did as well. I wasn't about to filter through pages of posts and single someone out on their reporting, and so I just addressed it generally. Just want to make sure people are on the same page when it comes to testing.

Maybe list such kinds of damage as 'raw' damage', or 'base' damage, so there is some understanding of what stats are being talked about?

Danoh23

Skeletron

When I did the trap damage values it was with 0 defense. I think anyone testing damage does it with 0 defense, want to get rid of as many variables as possible.

SwordAce1103

Duke Fishron
lol, OK OK. But it does help to state your methods at times. New people come on and see a mess of messages and have no idea at first how reliable some sources of info are or know exactly what is being talked out.

Indirectly, the post was also for people that later may want to do their own testing, and should keep in mind what factors play into things before stating similar kinds of numbers.

I know I saw you were stating damage values, and knew you were thorough with things, but I wasn't sure if you were the only one (recently) or if others did as well. I wasn't about to filter through pages of posts and single someone out on their reporting, and so I just addressed it generally. Just want to make sure people are on the same page when it comes to testing.

Maybe list such kinds of damage as 'raw' damage', or 'base' damage, so there is some understanding of what stats are being talked about?
Okay, sorry.
No, thats only in the console version
Actually, it was added in console 1.2.3, so it’s probably also on mobile. I think it’s pretty rare.
There's a small glitch that happens when you start to use a magic mirror then quickly switch to a different item. Depending on the item it will do different things. For an example, if you throw a boomerang of any type the you will throw several depending on how fast you switch.
Is it cosmetic, or is the character actually throwing multiple projectiles, like Bannarangs?

Dwang040

Terrarian
And the world size (unless that counts under material).
Yeah, world size is annoying. Is hard making a farm cause there's no enough flat space or digging out a large box means a big hold in half of your world.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453990177,1453989763][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sp, what happened was made the mana flower, reformed it, then placed it back into my inventory. Played a big so I'm pretty sure it saved, left the game. Opened the game and started playing, then the game crashed, I reentered the game, noticed that my mana was being used pretty fast, then looked at my inventory and boom, my mana flower was gone.

Just to clarify, I lose items when the game crashes, I have a percentage of losing some random item that has been saved. If the game crashes or freezes before it saves, well, I lose that object no weirdness there. Finally, I lose items she I swap gear. Again, with the spectre mask and hood. I swapped, looked at my bag to make sure the hood was there. Went around the world to test the mask, when back to my inventory, the hood was gone even though it was there after checking my bag twice. So yeah. Like you said, I'll try not to use the quick swap, and I'll see if I lose anything else.

SwordAce1103

Duke Fishron
@505 Games Support
  • When you fish in honey, you catch normal loot. You don’t get any honey-exclusive loot.
  • I still catch junk items when fishing in a body of water that’s 300 tiles or more. I even catch junk items at the ocean!
Yeah, world size is annoying. Is hard making a farm cause there's no enough flat space or digging out a large box means a big hold in half of your world.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453990177,1453989763][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sp, what happened was made the mana flower, reformed it, then placed it back into my inventory. Played a big so I'm pretty sure it saved, left the game. Opened the game and started playing, then the game crashed, I reentered the game, noticed that my mana was being used pretty fast, then looked at my inventory and boom, my mana flower was gone.

Just to clarify, I lose items when the game crashes, I have a percentage of losing some random item that has been saved. If the game crashes or freezes before it saves, well, I lose that object no weirdness there. Finally, I lose items she I swap gear. Again, with the spectre mask and hood. I swapped, looked at my bag to make sure the hood was there. Went around the world to test the mask, when back to my inventory, the hood was gone even though it was there after checking my bag twice. So yeah. Like you said, I'll try not to use the quick swap, and I'll see if I lose anything else.
I see. Also, if you get an important item, and you tend to crash a lot, I recommend that you quit the game, which saves it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom