Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Changing it in airplane mode made Terraria think I wasn't connected to wifi (after I connected back to wifi) and so I couldn't play...and then my data had no signal until I turned it back to automatic time.

What I don't understand is why this would happen now, when a while back I changed date and time to retrieve the Horn O' Plenty and everything was fine. Is it IOS 9?
Of course 'Airplane Mode' would cut off Wi-Fi connections, since its purpose is to cut off any and all signals that could interfere with airline communications while onboard an airplane. It disconnects everything. (which is why I facepalmed when seeing the other guy's answer)

It is part an LTE data thing, and OS thing. Apparently the new iOS uses the device's clock, and not any other independent timing system, as its way to synchronize with the mobile network. Why they would do this, I don't know exactly. I can guess at a few reasons, but it would just be.. well.. guesses.

In short Airplane Mode = Radio Silence (from data, to voice, to Wi-Fi, to Bluetooth, to NFC)

So do your date/time trick while on Wi-Fi, and change it back when needing high speed LTE mobile data again. I don't think the clock change will affect incoming calls or text messages, since it should (I hope) use a different signal format to send those.
Also it's hilarious when going to hell and seeing demons and Red Devils with hearts floating around them. They try to kill you a lot. Maybe it's because they hate the hearts.
:D
They love to hate you?

Love to meat[sic] you?
Love you to death?
Want to give tough love?
(better stop there before it goes out of the PG13 category)

...-_-
Gah! :mad: Now I want to play again, but my main guy is still locked up! And right after a daring trip down there to steal a bunch of Hellstone!

This reminds me of something the developers should add, to kind of make up for the horrible glitches currently plaguing the mobile version.
A powerful joke weapon named
The Lemon of Cthulhu!
A Lovecraftian looking alien-green lemon* that shoots out yellow ichor, and does extra damage to disembodied eyes and stuns machine-based creatures. This is in reference to the other kind of lemon, which I can say the current version the game is rather close to becoming.

*Why green? Who knows! It is beyond human comprehension! Don't question it! It is a lemon, and not a lime! Maybe it's glitched! Be careful where you point the thing! Point the lemon away from face when firing!

@mech4warden and @tapbeat , I have an iphone and 2 ipads that I can change the time on in airplane mode with no problems. Of course, the characters I am using are local and not cloud. Another note is that once you turn on airplane mode it does disable the mobile celluar network (3G, 4G, LTE or other) and wifi. Easy solution if you still want to use wifi with airplane mode is to: turn on airplane mode then turn your wifi back on in that order. This will disable the mobile celluar network while allowing you to use the wifi connections in case you need it for cloud characters. Some other games try to "phone home" even while using wifi so I always use the airplane mode with no wifi connection to stop it. I am on iOS 9.01 also, not the latest 9.2x. Hope this helps.

@mech4warden and @tapbeat , I have an iphone and 2 ipads that I can change the time on in airplane mode with no problems. Of course, the characters I am using are local and not cloud. Another note is that once you turn on airplane mode it does disable the mobile celluar network (3G, 4G, LTE or other) and wifi. Easy solution if you still want to use wifi with airplane mode is to: turn on airplane mode then turn your wifi back on in that order. This will disable the mobile celluar network while allowing you to use the wifi connections in case you need it for cloud characters. Some other games try to "phone home" even while using wifi so I always use the airplane mode with no wifi connection to stop it. I am on iOS 9.01 also, not the latest 9.2x. Hope this helps.

I've only tried airplane mode briefly (after it was suggested) and afterwards it couldn't connect for a little bit. I'm only worried because my data couldn't connect once before (after changing date and time) but that time it was permanent and Verizon sent me a free exchange phone.

It has to do with the automatic time versus adjusting the time. It says Chicago and even though I don't live there if I change it to any city with the same time zone it won't work.

Thank you for the suggestion. :)

I found a few bugs:
-Spider Minions won't chase enemies if they're walking on background walls

-In Multiplayer in Hardmode only the hosting Player is able to destroy Demon Altars, the other Players will get damage, even if they use a Pwnhammer

Sword Ace. Okay, I'll try that. Cause whenever I move I slide my right thumb to the right, it'll destroy only a line to the right. Slide left, line to the left.

Anyways I'm sure you're all aware by now, but, UPDATE IS HERE!!! Time to test if the bugs posted are gone. Yahoo!

Hello, there appears to be be a glitch that I have experienced while playing multiplayer on terraria. While cross-plataforming (iOS/Android), I can't see any of the stylist-exclusive hair styles that a friend wears, it instead shows me a hair style that is opposite of the one he chose (if he chooses the first of the Stylist's Excluisive Styles, the game shows me the first of the normal styles.

Sword Ace. Okay, I'll try that. Cause whenever I move I slide my right thumb to the right, it'll destroy only a line to the right. Slide left, line to the left.

Anyways I'm sure you're all aware by now, but, UPDATE IS HERE!!! Time to test if the bugs posted are gone. Yahoo!

REALLY????? MY DAY IS MADE!!!!!!!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1454950504,1454950281][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nooooooo, my iCloud world is still inaccessible!!! :(

Found a bug in the new hotfix for iOS: Titanium ore is not spawning when I break Demon Altars; Amethyst Gemspark Blocks spawn instead.
Proof:
image.png

Of course it would work fine for you, you had the files stored locally. The *facepalm* was the proposed fixed for not being able to connect to LTE with a manually set time was to effectively turn off all connections.
I've only tried airplane mode briefly (after it was suggested) and afterwards it couldn't connect for a little bit. I'm only worried because my data couldn't connect once before (after changing date and time) but that time it was permanent and Verizon sent me a free exchange phone.

It has to do with the automatic time versus adjusting the time. It says Chicago and even though I don't live there if I change it to any city with the same time zone it won't work.

Thank you for the suggestion. :)
Cell towers tend to do that. If I get to close to the state line, it switches over, despite clearly not having crossed (being a few miles away), and only moving a few hundred feet (which blocks the tower on my side, forcing it to connect to the other across the line). Just kind of have to live with it unfortunately.

With Chicago being so important, in an economics standpoint, most devices will sync up to their time, even if in a different time zone.

Woo! Yeah!:happy:
[DOUBLEPOST=1454950504,1454950281][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nooooooo, my iCloud world is still inaccessible!!! :(
Installed it.. still can't access my 'newer version' character file. ;(
Didn't make my day either...
Found a bug in the new hotfix for iOS: Titanium ore is not spawning when I break Demon Altars; Amethyst Gemspark Blocks spawn instead.
Proof:
View attachment 95779
Ah you've got to be kidding me.-_- More absurd glitches?

So much for playing Terraria Mobile for the month (or two).

Actually I would change Date and Time myself...except the new IOS has a glitch where changing Time and Date settings causes LTE and other data not to work -.-
Now I can't change it to Halloween and farm for goodies whenever I feel like it lol.

@mech4warden , if you read the OP instead of assuming, it was just talking about changing the time, not save locations. I was trying to help by giving as much details as possible and not make snottish comments like yourself.

OK , just updated, first, who do I rage against with this current update ? I bought terraria MOBILE on September 16 2013 for my nexus 7 2012 device, game/app was young but not rife with as many problems as today, jump to August 2015 my N7 2012 devices' screen breaks so i bought a N7 2013, an improvement to the previous N7 slightly, before this current update I could not play the version i payed for without turning on the wifi it reverts back to trial/demo version, now this current update is the same, no play the version I BOUGHT with out turning on wifi, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON !!?? whats the deal codeglue/505games? no more play of your game without being connected to the net(wifi) ? 505game developers need find new coders to code the game properly, I bought terraria MOBILE not terraria PC or terraria CONSOLE, so I DON'T HAVE TO BE TETHERED(CONNECTED) TO THE NET/WIFI ! (end of rant)

"QUOTE OF THE DAY"

“watch your thoughts;they can become words.

Watch your words;they can become actions

Watch your actions ;they can become habits.

Watch your habits they become your character.

Watch your character;it can become your destiny”-TERRORZ
:cool:

Yup, unfortunately. Seems like with every new BUGfix, there are more BUGS to FiX... Irony much? -_-
Lol, I was just testing out the new bugfix when I ran into THAT. :D
Yeah, but the development team has a literal 'heap' of problems, as stated by the new update post.

It just doesn't help my confidence in playing, since not only is my main character in an unknown state (deleted/corrupted or recoverable?), but it does nothing to reassure that another character or world locking glitch won't happen again.

The Heap issue does explain a few things. If the data system gives erroneous values to things, due to a system operations error, one of which being the version number, (or in your case, the wrong block ID# for spawned Ore) then it is only a matter of time before it strikes again and corrupts something else.
But I need to review my Comp Sci on Heap data types, since I'm sure I'm forgetting some key points about it.
@mech4warden , if you read the OP instead of assuming, it was just talking about changing the time, not save locations. I was trying to help by giving as much details as possible and not make snottish comments like yourself.
I did read it. They wanted data connectivity as well as being able to change the device's time.

And at some point a person has to assume things, since it is hard for someone to fully describ a problem they don't fully understand. I didn't know why they needed to connect to the LTE network, but I knew they likely had some good reasons to (like iCloud access).

I'm sorry that my comments seem 'snottish', but I was doing the same thing you were, explaining things as best as possible with what I knew.

You were wrong on your assumptions, and I was wrong with the wording of my corrections when I knew better. I was lazy, despite my gut feeling saying I shouldn't have said it that way.
OK , just updated, first, who do I rage against with this current update ? I bought terraria MOBILE on September 16 2013 for my nexus 7 2012 device, game/app was young but not rife with as many problems as today, jump to August 2015 my N7 2012 devices' screen breaks so i bought a N7 2013, an improvement to the previous N7 slightly, before this current update I could not play the version i payed for without turning on the wifi it reverts back to trial/demo version, now this current update is the same, no play the version I BOUGHT with out turning on wifi, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON !!?? whats the deal codeglue/505games? no more play of your game without being connected to the net(wifi) ? 505game developers need find new coders to code the game properly, I bought terraria MOBILE not terraria PC or terraria CONSOLE, so I DON'T HAVE TO BE TETHERED(CONNECTED) TO THE NET/WIFI ! (end of rant)
Sounds like several problems are happening at once.

First off, I should point out that the trial version of Terraria and the full version have the same name. Even if you bought the game, the trial version will always say to buy the full version (one of my several gripes I have with how things work). You might need to uninstall the trial version just so there isn't any confusion.

This assumes there isn't any weird purchase verification issue with whatever app store you have, in which case I can't offer much help until there is more info.

I'm confused by the Wi-Fi issue you stated. I do know that some app stores are setup to warn you about downloading very large files, with Terraria being 100+ megabytes, it is one of those large apps. The app store would give a pop up asking if you want to download when on Wi-Fi, so not to mess with any data plan limitations.

Plus, the game needs to download things after being installed, which could also need a Wi-Fi connection.

With that confusing mess with Wi-Fi, and the trial and full version games being named the same, it is very easy to have something mess up somewhere along the line.

I'd first try to make sure the right kind of game is installed and go from there. From my experience, the trial is always the trial game, and the full version operates as the full version. I have both installed, so I can give some info as to what to look for to spot the difference.

I cannot play the game i purchased without having to be connected to the net or wifi on, was not like that before the last 2 major updates . . .

update: N7 is nexus 7 tablet(android device), no data plan, only way to access internet is through wifi

I have only one version of terraria on my tablet(device), it was the demo/trial version back in Sept 2013 when i downloaded it, purchased full game through demo/trial version as an IAP, I have and played the full version offline (after downloading) up and until the last 2 major updates, on google play I can only give review(criticism) through the demo/trial version of the app page, not the version of the app on the page you pay then download. . . all this was explained in my past posts . . .

Last edited:
I cannot play the game i purchased without having to be connected to the net or wifi on, was not like that before the last 2 major updates . . .

update: N7 is nexus 7 tablet, no data plan, only way to access internet is through wifi
You used the 'Cloud' storage slots? That would require being on the internet to access and save process.

There maybe some stricker standards now in the current version with Cloud drive connections, since there have been issues with that before. It might be requirement be online constantly for someone to play via Cloud saved characters or worlds.
Or another glitch.:sigh:And EVERYONE needs to be online. I'd have to test that out later. Unless someone else can verify things.

But I can't say for sure what is going on, since I never used or set up a Cloud 'anything' with my device. I just know the technical concepts of how things work.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom