Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
See the link in my signature to report issues directly to 505Games.
Okay thanks :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1450630020,1450629492][/DOUBLEPOST]Spiky ball traps do little to 1 damage rendering them almost useless
[DOUBLEPOST=1450630100][/DOUBLEPOST]Spiky Ball traps do little to 1 damage rendering them almost useless

I think what would be useful is to have a beta testing program that allows users like us report bugs before intial release, just like the desktop version. It is possible with iOS test flight and Android's beta testing testing program. It would just mean that iOS would have more of an application process than Android. I don't know, maybe it could just be useless and be shelved. I just think it should be an idea to put out in the open.

Despite being "indie" and "small", Terraria is enormously complex as a piece of software. No two people play it the same way, and every world is different. Combine that with thousands of different mobile devices (and the OS implementation on each is slightly different), and you have the potential for a lot of bugs and glitches.

There is no doubt that the QA process failed here - there should not have been this many bugs and crashes. It seems clear that the QA people had little to no experience playing Terraria as people tend to play it; going forward we hope to have a team of 'Terraria experts' to do the gameplay testing - people who will recognize when a weapon isn't dealing the proper damage or looks wrong. We could not get that team in place in time for this update, unfortunately.

No matter how different people play the game, a lot of these bugs would have been quite obvious. Unless these testers were just running around mining and building basic houses. Maybe 505 should pick a few random people from these forums to be testers. People who really get into the game. I like the game, but I'm way to busy working and taking care of a family to do that myself. But maybe someone in their 20's who has a roommate and more free time than a family man.

As far as different devices go. IOS is pretty much the same across the board. And a lot of these android players have common devices. Like the Samsung Galaxy. Or the Kindle Fire. And still a :red:-ton of bugs.

Maybe if they weren't changing things so that people can't easily hack in stuff, there wouldn't be as many bugs. ( Yes, I checked. Not easily done any more. )

I'm not complaining about the bugs or the wait. I just don't like excuses.

I keep having lots of different sized weapons when I put them in my hotbar. I use amazon and also can't get the update, witch may fix this and a few other things, like the magic mirror glitch, where if you use the magic mirror, than quickly tap a item or weapon, it will use that item or weapon, sometimes using it up if it is something like torches.
Screenshot_2015-12-20-14-06-02.png

Last edited:
I hope they fix this bug that causes a joining player inventory to be wiped/not saved properly in multiplayer even while properly exiting

Go have a good look on the beach. You may find him within blocks. And if you can't find him there open your map and look around to find him.

Otherwise just play the game and he should eventually spawn.

Perhaps I'm unlucky, but I have killed at least 500 moss hornets on mobile and still no Bezoar. Is this a bug?
I never bothered with getting it from hornets, I went just below the surface and got swarmed my toxic sludges. Few minutes of shutting my eyes and aimlessly swinging the sword and I had the bezoar.
Pretty easy as far as ankh shield items go. The nazar, well that's another ball game. Let's just say skulls are now impregnated on my brain.

Pre-hardmode crimson does not convert grass or trees to spread. Crimson will only spread on dirt blocks. This is mucking up my farming.

Potentially related, you can try to plant crimson seeds on grass and the seeds will be used, but no crimson is planted.

Wall removal is limited to the PC waist, similar to the paint issue. Excavating sucks when you have to remove the background for your own walls one tile at a time.

Issues noted on android version on a Samsung galaxy s4 running Android 5.0.1.

Further information:
Background removal is only an issue when using the joystick auto aim. You can remove any blocks in range with the point selection. It's very tedious.

For whatever reason, normal grass has precedence over crimson. Maybe crimson thinks it's a different block?

I really don't want these issues to drop off, I can't play for long stretches of time, and afk farming makes the game for me.

I never bothered with getting it from hornets, I went just below the surface and got swarmed my toxic sludges. Few minutes of shutting my eyes and aimlessly swinging the sword and I had the bezoar.
Pretty easy as far as ankh shield items go. The nazar, well that's another ball game. Let's just say skulls are now impregnated on my brain.

Thanks, just set up a tiny farm, got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom