Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afraid this is only partially true. You see, each country has its own tweaks to the OS....as well as each provider (Verizon, AT&T, etc). Last I checked with 505 Mobile on this, they were aware of over 700 different device and OS configurations running Terraria - and that assumes everyone updates. Some people have newer phones with older OS....or older phones with a newer OS. Toss the limitless dimensions of Terraria into that pot, and its a very complex issue indeed.
It is perfectly understandable to have missed some bugs when that is the size of the range. But that's not what is so disappointing about the quality of the testing. What is so irritating is things like this:
I can't spawn Pirate Invasion & Goblin Army & Frost Legion (Iphone 5 Ios 9.2 Not jailbreaked)
This guy is on the most recent iOS, using a very popular phone. He is not able to do one of the key features of the game, to summon an invasion, and you're telling me that a team of testers missed that? As if that wasn't basic enough, they missed the cross-device issue of timers not working? I really don't care that no one noticed that a gold chalice turns into a chest on some platforms, nobody on this forum minds that. But I find it incredible that during ALL the testing that we were waiting for so long for, no one tried to summon an invasion on iOS, or even trigger a timer! It's almost as bad as when it was somehow concluded 1.2 world generation was just fine.

OK, here is the updated list of NEW stuff... you don't want to know how long this took me to compile. ;)

I tried my best to just isolate what was NOT in the OP, although I'm sure there's a chunk of pre-existing issues here as well. There might be some dupes in this too due to different wording/explaining or just my aging brain. :)

Before I get to the list, I did want to address a couple things that have received a few mentions:

We're still working on ALL platforms. When we have dates, we'll tell you. Asking over and over will not expedite its release. :) Like Tunnel King, I'm part of the Google Play repurchasing test bed, so we're actively on it. We did update the Google Play store to reflect the fact that it's still under investigation. Same with the elusive Windows Phone issue. I know it's hard to believe that we can't reproduce it, but it's the truth. And that's what makes that one so darn frustrating for us. Amazon users, you'll see the same fixes as other platforms go into your update. You just got "lucky" in that your first update didn't go live before some of the major issues began getting fixed.

Regarding testing of Terraria in general, this is a HUGE area of focus for 505. As a consumer myself, and as someone who spent nearly two decades focused on QA before this, I don't like seeing buggy software either. It's like continuity errors in movies or typos in books... they take you out of and tarnish the experience. But like Loki and others have said, we're all actively discussing ways to improve the process going forward. I love Terraria as well, and although I'm no expert at it, it still means a lot to me and I feel personally invested in its success.

Anyway, with that being said, here's the new stuff... oh, and finally, THANK YOU to everyone who has submitted issues to us so far. If you see anything that isn't a bug or something that's missing, please let us know.

Take care, and in advance, enjoy the rest of 2015!
  • Game thinks that the jungle and the hallow are the same thing. When in hallow, jungle music plays and some jungle enemies spawn. Confirmed that jungle and hallow are far from each other on map.
  • Fishing improvements don't work. Having the best gear doesn't do anything to improve fishing.
  • If your inventory is full and you start the game after updating, game might crash making your player unusable.
  • If the jungle biome is under the ocean, the fish you get are jungle fish instead of ocean fish.
  • Vanity pants are being deleted constantly.
  • Pirate summons walk a little bit inside the blocks instead of staying on top of them.
  • The gleam effect for newly discovered recipes no longer occurs.
  • Creating a jungle biome in the ocean does not cause jungle monsters to spawn (only get orcas, sharks, jellyfish, and squids). However, lining the ocean bed with lizard bricks does cause arapaima to spawn underwater, along with all manner of gels and wraiths that swim up from the depths where they should not have spawned.
  • Can't remove my vanity items and armor to replace with better armor.
  • Face monster-chan, undead viking-chan, goblin army-senpai , nymph-san and others are always facing left or right and NPCs are bugged when hitting a wall.
  • Mounts: It seems like the enemies that are supposed to drop them do not seem to drop them.
  • I had my Fisher of Souls in the 4th spot in my hotbar, and if I put anything else in the fourth spot, the description would be for the Fisher of Souls' description, and it would render the item unusable. Not major, but I lost my Bug Net to it.
  • Summoning the Frost Legion and the enemies of the invasion are not attacking me, they're just walking around.
  • No new obsidian furniture in hell houses.
  • Skeletron Prime’s difficulty: While the arms were all dead in about 20 seconds, the head flew far away, to the point where when it did the spike spin thing, it wasn't even reaching me. Almost ran out of time. Don't know if this was an AI change, but in the past it has always stayed much closer.
  • Duke Fishron trophy doesn’t seem to drop. Players have tried hundreds of times, not getting it.
  • If you have a chest at the edge of a drop off and try to place a pine tree block next to it, it will duplicate the chest. The longer you hold it, the more it duplicates. Once you let go, it will not do it again on that chest. And you can't mine it away.
  • Armored cavefish can be caught from any height.
  • Player-placed pressure plate sprites are replaced by goldfish heads, bone blocks.
  • Some accessories are still useless, such as the Depth Meter
  • Very few ice chests.
  • Minions sometimes disappear and need to be summoned again.
  • Capes bought from travelling merchant cannot be equipped.
  • Angler gives anchor (weapon) instead of wall anchor.
  • Pine blocks seem to be unbreakable with pickaxes.
  • When changing biomes on iOS, biome backgrounds/textures sometimes fail to load, leaving ugly holes in the world. Waiting long enough fixes said issues.
  • Duke Fishron sometimes spawns Cthulunados in his first form and Sharknados in his second form.
  • The stylist and travelling merchant are changing their names every time the world is loaded.
  • Can't plant Shiverthorn Seeds into Clay Pots.
  • Fishing on honey makes no difference. Can't complete Angler's Bumblebee quest. Couldn't fish on lava though.
  • Angler doesn't spawn on worlds that were made during or before the Hardmode update.
  • The builder potion (adding on to the bars glitch) doesn't decrease the number of things in inventory with coins, bars, blocks, furniture, lights, background walls (occasionally subtracts from background walls). Doesn't work with actuators and I haven't tested with wands (living wood etc.). Actually, the glitch works on ANY placeable thing. If it says "can be placed", then the glitch will "work" with that item. So coins duplicate, as do blocks, walls, furniture, light sources, bars, ores, gems, etc.
  • Putting weapons in a weapon frame shows a glitchy shark statue.
  • Solar eclipses: After 3 eclipses, got 300+ Reapers, 150+ Vampires, 1 Eyezor and not even 50 of Frank or ST.
  • Bugs can’t be caught in multiplayer and also after summoning a pirate invasion, summoning any other invasions will fail for days (like a Terraria month, related to other summon issue possibly).
  • Flying slimes don't drop loot.
  • After Pirates fight, a truffle worm in burrowing mode was flying in circles around my screen. This was odd, as I thought truffle worms were supposed to burrow AWAY from you. So, I quickly got my bug net and captured it. My arena is about 300 blocks below my artificial mushroom biome.
  • Trying Pirates again, I took my pirate map and tried to use it. It didn't work. I tried about ten more times, and it still didn't work. I tried different characters, still didn't work. Using a new world works, but I have to make a new world every time I try the Pirates.
  • Ectoplasm doesn’t drop in Hardmode dungeon and living fire blocks don’t drop either.
  • NPC Santa’s Xmas Tree can't be decorated.
  • Whenever I try to remove a glass bowl, it turns into a normal bowl, when I try to remove chalices, they turn into golden chests, and ultra bright torches drop nothing when removed.
  • Low enemy damage from traps (like 1 damage or so).
  • Santa won't move into another house after I've demolished the one he used to live in. He's just walking around.
  • The ground will vibrate up and down a pixel. The background and UI don't move, just anything in the foreground.
  • If you are holding the fishing rod and then switch to the magic mirror and then back to the fishing rod, the fishing rod will be used even if you don't have any bait.
  • If you use the magic mirror then quickly tap an item, it will do a full circle, (melee) and then use the item.
  • Background removal is only an issue when using the joystick auto aim. You can remove any blocks in range with the point selection.
  • Normal grass has precedence over crimson.
  • When fishing in a minecart, the fishing rod slowly floats upwards, separating from the player.
  • When zooming out, the screen flickers between the world and the map before showing you the map.
  • Creatures stuck in a corner perfectly (so stairs made of any block material) will flicker their left and right sprites really fast.
  • When you are perfectly on the background changeline for corruption and jungle, the background flashes jungle green and purple.
  • Smart cursor has trouble picking between two blocks when you dig diagonal, so the yellow highlight block flashes back and forth between the two bricks until one is destroyed.
  • Random hit points. Sometimes, I'll see damage numbers pop up, even though it's in the ground. For example, I'll be walking then 47 appears out of nowhere. I look at where the number pops up, but there are no traps, no mobs, nothing is there.
  • Sometimes mobs will be spawned in the blocks themselves. Example, a slime spawned in a two by two dirt pile.
  • Shadow Hammer drops Silver Chandeliers instead of Cobalt Bars, Mythril Bars and Adamantite Bars.
  • Slimers don't turn into the Second form (Shadow Slime). Instead, he is just killed and doesn't drop anything.
  • Corrupt Slimes don't turn into Slimelings.
  • Light Mummy doesn't drop money.
  • Menu Theme doesn't play. Instead, the Overworld theme plays.
  • Ambient Rain sound doesn't play. Only the Rain Theme Music plays.
  • Destroyer is nearly impossible, since his lasers are utterly huge and it can deal tons of damage (it wasn't like this before).
  • Snow Legion's enemies don't have walking animations.
  • Snow Legion's enemies don't turn to the Right when walking in this direction, which cause them to "Moon Walk" and walk backwards.
  • If you click the clock, the game thinks you clicked it 3 times, which will cause the time to appear 3 times.
  • Water doesn't flow when doors are opened.
  • Jungle's surface background doesn't appear. It's just the greenish Overworld background.
  • The Santa Claus' arriving message appears as "the Santa Claus has arrived!" instead of "<NAME> the Santa Claus has arrived!"
  • Santa Claus' housing banner doesn't appear to show that it's occupied.
  • Shroomite armor: Stealth mode doesn't wear out when moving.

Last edited:
Woah, it's kinda strange seeing a quote from me in that list. Flattering lol. Yay! I'm about to initiate hardmode, guess I'll see if there are any bugs there soon! Just saw the trav merchant for the first time, as I was about to talk to him, POOF! Departed. Such sad, much tears.

Woah, it's kinda strange seeing a quote from me in that list. Flattering lol. Yay! I'm about to initiate hardmode, guess I'll see if there are any bugs there soon! Just saw the trav merchant for the first time, as I was about to talk to him, POOF! Departed. Such sad, much tears.
I haven't seen him yet.

OK, here is the updated list of NEW stuff... you don't want to know how long this took me to compile. ;)

I tried my best to just isolate what was NOT in the OP, although I'm sure there's a chunk of pre-existing issues here as well. There might be some dupes in this too due to different wording/explaining or just my aging brain. :)

Before I get to the list, I did want to address a couple things that have received a few mentions:

We're still working on ALL platforms. When we have dates, we'll tell you. Asking over and over will not expedite its release. :) Like Tunnel King, I'm part of the Google Play repurchasing test bed, so we're actively on it. We did update the Google Play store to reflect the fact that it's still under investigation. Same with the elusive Windows Phone issue. I know it's hard to believe that we can't reproduce it, but it's the truth. And that's what makes that one so darn frustrating for us. Amazon users, you'll see the same fixes as other platforms go into your update. You just got "lucky" in that your first update didn't go live before some of the major issues began getting fixed.

Regarding testing of Terraria in general, this is a HUGE area of focus for 505. As a consumer myself, and as someone who spent nearly two decades focused on QA before this, I don't like seeing buggy software either. It's like continuity errors in movies or typos in books... they take you out of and tarnish the experience. But like Loki and others have said, we're all actively discussing ways to improve the process going forward. I love Terraria as well, and although I'm no expert at it, it still means a lot to me and I feel personally invested in its success.

Anyway, with that being said, here's the new stuff... oh, and finally, THANK YOU to everyone who has submitted issues to us so far. If you see anything that isn't a bug or something that's missing, please let us know.

• Game thinks that the jungle and the hallow are the same thing. When in hallow, jungle music plays and some jungle enemies spawn. Confirmed that jungle and hallow are far from each other on map.
  • Fishing improvements don't work. Having the best gear doesn't do anything to improve fishing.
  • If your inventory is full and you start the game after updating, game might crash making your player unusable.
  • If the jungle biome is under the ocean, the fish you get are jungle fish instead of ocean fish.
  • Pirate summons walk a little bit inside the blocks instead of staying on top of them.
  • Creating a jungle biome in the ocean does not cause jungle monsters to spawn (only get orcas, sharks, jellyfish, and squids). However, lining the ocean bed with lizard bricks does cause arapaima to spawn underwater, along with all manner of gels and wraiths that swim up from the depths where they should not have spawned.
  • Face monster-chan, undead viking-chan, goblin army-senpai , nymph-san and others are always facing left or right and NPCs are bugged when hitting a wall.
  • Mounts: It seems like the enemies that are supposed to drop them do not seem to drop them.
  • I had my Fisher of Souls in the 4th spot in my hotbar, and if I put anything else in the fourth spot, the description would be for the Fisher of Souls' description, and it would render the item unusable. Not major, but I lost my Bug Net to it.
  • Summoning the Frost Legion and the enemies of the invasion are not attacking me, they're just walking around.
  • Skeletron Prime’s difficulty: While the arms were all dead in about 20 seconds, the head flew far away, to the point where when it did the spike spin thing, it wasn't even reaching me. Almost ran out of time. Don't know if this was an AI change, but in the past it has always stayed much closer.
  • Duke Fishron trophy doesn’t seem to drop. Players have tried hundreds of times, not getting it.
  • If you have a chest at the edge of a drop off and try to place a pine tree block next to it, it will duplicate the chest. The longer you hold it, the more it duplicates. Once you let go, it will not do it again on that chest. And you can't mine it away.
  • Player-placed pressure plate sprites are replaced by goldfish heads, bone blocks.
  • Very few ice chests.
  • When changing biomes on iOS, biome backgrounds/textures sometimes fail to load, leaving ugly holes in the world. Waiting long enough fixes said issues.
  • Mechanic only sells the mechanic rod during phase 4 of a crescent moon.
  • Duke Fishron sometimes spawns Cthulunados in his first form and Sharknados in his second form.
  • The stylist and travelling merchant are changing their names every time the world is loaded.
  • Fishing on honey makes no difference. Can't complete Angler's Bumblebee quest. Couldn't fish on lava though.
  • Angler doesn't spawn on worlds that were made during or before the Hardmode update.
  • The builder potion (adding on to the bars glitch) doesn't decrease the number of things in inventory with coins, bars, blocks, furniture, lights, background walls (occasionally subtracts from background walls). Doesn't work with actuators and I haven't tested with wands (living wood etc.). Actually, the glitch works on ANY placeable thing. If it says "can be placed", then the glitch will "work" with that item. So coins duplicate, as do blocks, walls, furniture, light sources, bars, ores, gems, etc.
  • Solar eclipses: After 3 eclipses, got 300+ Reapers, 150+ Vampires, 1 Eyezor and not even 50 of Frank or ST.
  • Bugs can’t be caught in multiplayer and also after summoning a pirate invasion, summoning any other invasions will fail for days (like a Terraria month, related to other summon issue possibly).
  • After Pirates fight, a truffle worm in burrowing mode was flying in circles around my screen. This was odd, as I thought truffle worms were supposed to burrow AWAY from you. So, I quickly got my bug net and captured it. My arena is about 300 blocks below my artificial mushroom biome.
  • Trying Pirates again, I took my pirate map and tried to use it. It didn't work. I tried about ten more times, and it still didn't work. I tried different characters, still didn't work. Using a new world works, but I have to make a new world every time I try the Pirates.
  • Ectoplasm doesn’t drop in Hardmode dungeon and living fire blocks don’t drop either.
  • Whenever I try to remove a glass bowl, it turns into a normal bowl, when I try to remove chalices, they turn into golden chests, and ultra bright torches drop nothing when removed.
  • Santa won't move into another house after I've demolished the one he used to live in. He's just walking around.
  • The ground will vibrate up and down a pixel. The background and UI don't move, just anything in the foreground.
  • If you are holding the fishing rod and then switch to the magic mirror and then back to the fishing rod, the fishing rod will be used even if you don't have any bait.
  • If you use the magic mirror then quickly tap an item, it will do a full circle, (melee) and then use the item.
  • Background removal is only an issue when using the joystick auto aim. You can remove any blocks in range with the point selection.
  • When fishing in a minecart, the fishing rod slowly floats upwards, separating from the player.
  • When zooming out, the screen flickers between the world and the map before showing you the map.
  • Creatures stuck in a corner perfectly (so stairs made of any block material) will flicker their left and right sprites really fast.
  • When you are perfectly on the background changeline for corruption and jungle, the background flashes jungle green and purple.
  • Smart cursor has trouble picking between two blocks when you dig diagonal, so the yellow highlight block flashes back and forth between the two bricks until one is destroyed.
  • Random hit points. Sometimes, I'll see damage numbers pop up, even though it's in the ground. For example, I'll be walking then 47 appears out of nowhere. I look at where the number pops up, but there are no traps, no mobs, nothing is there.
  • Sometimes mobs will be spawned in the blocks themselves. Example, a slime spawned in a two by two dirt pile.
  • Shadow Hammer drops Silver Chandeliers instead of Cobalt Bars, Mythril Bars and Adamantite Bars.
  • Slimers don't turn into the Second form (Shadow Slime). Instead, he is just killed and doesn't drop anything.
  • Destroyer is nearly impossible, since his lasers are utterly huge and it can deal tons of damage (it wasn't like this before).
  • Snow Legion's enemies don't turn to the Right when walking in this direction, which cause them to "Moon Walk" and walk backwards.
  • If you click the clock, the game thinks you clicked it 3 times, which will cause the time to appear 3 times.
  • Jungle's surface background doesn't appear. It's just the greenish Overworld background.
  • The Santa Claus' arriving message appears as "the Santa Claus has arrived!" instead of "<NAME> the Santa Claus has arrived!"
You acknowledge that you can't fix a bug on windows phone? This means that we will not be able to play your favorite game till Christmas? And indeed how far you to fix the bug?

@Loki , thanks for you comments, shows the community is supported. @505 Games Support, I would be glad to help in any way possible with the windows phone fix. I have the latest 8.1 os and updates with Lumia 1520 and Lumia 640. I have installed to internal storage and external Microsd cards to test if the results would be any different. Thanks again! Looking for the new update release.

You acknowledge that you can't fix a bug on windows phone? This means that we will not be able to play your favorite game till Christmas? And indeed how far you to fix the bug?
I know it must be frustrating, I lost two 'maxed' out worlds in 1.2.1.2, but to be fair, they have kept you very well updated on the fact that the issue is elusive but they are trying to find it. All I'm trying to say is, cut them a little slack. :)

• Very few ice chests.
  • Mechanic only sells the mechanic rod during phase 4 of a crescent moon.

What about the glitch when you move around items in a chest/inventory, all items below the first row of items in your inventory gets deleted(not just one item). I'm not sure how exactly it happened, but I also had bait, net, and fishing pole if that has any relevence. Oh and the equipped items and ammo slot items were fine.

What about the glitch when you move around items in a chest/inventory, all items below the first row of items in your inventory gets deleted(not just one item). I'm not sure how exactly it happened, but I also had bait, net, and fishing pole if that has any relevence. Oh and the equipped items and ammo slot items were fine.

This sounds like what happens when you dump your inventory into a chest. If you have multiple chests around, check them to see if your items went there. I hope you didn't have your items deleted.

I've noticed an inventory fault while playing with chests, but it was just a pile of sand that I lost.

Again folks, that list I just posted is presumably NEW stuff that isn't in the OP already.

Also, if you see something that isn't supposed to be on there (i.e., not a bug, incorrect information, etc.), please let me know... corrections are very much appreciated. :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom