Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
I killed Duke Fishron in 42 seconds.
Please fix the bug where my game randomly crashes. iOS 9.2 iPad Air.
Also more bugs, Queen Bee seems to spawn twice when I only summon her once.
Is this supposed to happen?:
View attachment 90422
Yes and No
Yes it has happened before( To Me!) So its in the code
No it is most likely a bug
[DOUBLEPOST=1451427684,1451427649][/DOUBLEPOST]Temples are weird

On the iOS version of the game the Travilling Merchant never spawns in. Since the update i have had him spawn in 4 times in 4 different worlds
I've had him spawn, only once though, but that's pretty near normal rates.

A lot of people have been talking about specific enemies with broken AIs. I'm pretty sure that the broken AI is the entire fighter class. By 'broken' I mean they go in one direction constantly until they reach something they can't pass (eg a big wall) at which point they change direction and constantly move the other way. Haven't seen a fighter AI enemy that hasn't done this yet.

I reported a bug about herplings dropping nazars a few pages back, and concluded they must have replaced meat grinders in the Crimson enemies loot table. I have some new details on that bug. First, I got a few meat grinders (the tool, not the crafting station, but that's a known bug :happy:) . That left me thinking that they must have replaced the mold in the table. But I got that aswell. So I really have no idea what the nazar is doing dropping from floaty gross, herplings and crimslimes. I have now got 10-15 nazars, and interestingly, none have reforges. So 505, not really critical, but could you figure out what's going on here? Because I'm stumped.

A lot of people have been talking about specific enemies with broken AIs. I'm pretty sure that the broken AI is the entire fighter class. By 'broken' I mean they go in one direction constantly until they reach something they can't pass (eg a big wall) at which point they change direction and constantly move the other way. Haven't seen a fighter AI enemy that hasn't done this yet.
You must be on IOS android is still suffering this bug

Why can you become invincible and i cant?
Nothing that i have to become invincible works not even the titanium armor:sigh:
For the spike invincibility to work, you would have to regen. I would suggest honey on top of spike blocks so you can regen as fast as you take damage thus never taking damage from the duke.
[DOUBLEPOST=1451431003,1451430875][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ohh ok..I really need to build a proper farm..getting many mushroom grass seeds are so hard..but thanks again :joy:
If you are on android, then you're in luck. Just exploit the bug with the builders potion. (Drink it and you can place an infinite amount of blocks) This also applies to the placement of seeds

They should add easier to get ammo like in PC (1 wood + stone = 50 arrows If I remember correctly) not to mention speed up buying after hitting 100 at least. I know that it will be annoying to go through the code and find the IDs with the function and change the output, but I dislike playing as a ranger for these 2 reasons.

I am not sure if these bugs have already been reported (don't feel like reading through 42 pages of posts), so I apologize if I am simply bringing them up again, but here it goes:
1. When starting up a world, opening the inventory causes the game to crash. Only happens if you tap on the box with "...", opening the inventory via a chest or NPC works fine.
2. Game crashes randomly in multiplayer for no reason whatsoever. Seems similar to the above bug, but can happen for anything.
3. When joining a world in multiplayer, enemies and other players alike can not sync correctly with their position on the host's world. Results in players running into a wall and then teleporting back 50 blocks to run into the wall again, mobs seemingly coming out of nowhere and moving much faster than they normally do, and bosses seeming to freeze until the joining device resyncs with the host. For the host, the issue regarding the other players still occurs, but enemies behave normally. Additionally, other players don't seem to take damage correctly when syncing is off in PvP, leading to the appearance of dealing 10k+ damage to one player, who then resyncs and has taken no damage.

Again, my apologies if these bugs have already been reported.

Edit: Platform is iOS.

Last edited:
Bugs:
Angler doesn't respawn on beach if beach was changed.
On mobile iOS, iPhone Spawn rates are extremely high at surface night compared to other biomes.
Dungeon ectoplasm farming is extremely hard. 0-3 PER min.
Can't spawn pirates or frost legion in single player or multiplayer, only other people can in multiplayer. [LAN]
If you are one another server, you can't catch bait. [LAN]
Solar Eclipses are rare.
If a Solar Eclipse spawns at morning, It doesn't happen ( found out playing multiplayer ).
Sometimes, you can't collect falling stars.
Sometimes, you cannot see the Christmas Tree decor.
-ADDITIONS-
When other players are deleting lots of items, host crashes sometimes.

I noticed Chaos Elementals don't spawn. Anyone else have this issue?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451444882,1451444585][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've had him spawn, only once though, but that's pretty near normal rates.

I reported a bug about herplings dropping nazars a few pages back, and concluded they must have replaced meat grinders in the Crimson enemies loot table. I have some new details on that bug. First, I got a few meat grinders (the tool, not the crafting station, but that's a known bug :happy:) . That left me thinking that they must have replaced the mold in the table. But I got that aswell. So I really have no idea what the nazar is doing dropping from floaty gross, herplings and crimslimes. I have now got 10-15 nazars, and interestingly, none have reforges. So 505, not really critical, but could you figure out what's going on here? Because I'm stumped.
Please say you at least got vitamins

The bunnies, penguins and other passive mobs that are catchable by a net can't be sold to the merchant and all the other npcs. And also, walking fishes can't be caught with a net. I'm too lazy to read the other pages so I don't know if someone already reported this.

Anyone reported that if the traveling merchart is present,and you save it and quit the game and go again to him he wont just have a different name he will sell different suff,also if your playing with someone else that person can multiply weapons armor blocks etc...(sorry if im saying it again,if someone said it)

My son and I have been playing the mobile version, him on his ipad and me on my android. I had purchased through the free version in-game buy and am experiencing the bug with free version not recognizing my license, hence locking me out. Because the instructions in the faq suggessted if we uninstalled and reinstalled it would erase player and world, but you would be able to unlock the free version and be able to play full version. So eventually my son just said go for it, we had been waiting, didn't want to loose player or world, but took too long so we tried. We couldn't get that procedure to work, after uninstalling and reinstalling several times, it still only shows the trial version - locked.

I am curious if any other android mobile trial version -> paid version folks who were experiencing this problem tried to reinstall and if it worked for them or if I did something wrong.

Also, any feedback on when update to resolve the trial -> paid would be awesome! We can't wait to get back in and rock this awesome game!

I noticed Chaos Elementals don't spawn. Anyone else have this issue?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451444882,1451444585][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please say you at least got vitamins
Chaos elementals are the strangest mobs in terraria mobile, coupled with some snow enemies (armoured Viking, ice tortoise). They seem to only spawn when a certain amount of hallow is on the screen or in the vicinity. If there is too much they won't. I think that's why the guy a few pages back who killed 1000 was able to get them to spawn- he was on the border between hallow and Crimson.

I got vitamins on my corruption world, but I didn't get them in my time farming the mold. That doesn't really surprise me though, as I only killed around 100 floaty gross. The nazars were dropping from floaty gross, crimslimes and herplings, yet I have no idea why.

Sorry for being away for a few days - Xmas, family stuff, etc. Even evil trickster gods have to take family time. ;)

The challenge to that is that - prior to the update, all anyone wanted from them was to say SOMETHING...even if it were just "we are working on it, coming soon". So they are kinda damned if they do, damned if they don't here. Personally, I would rather them err on the side of saying something vs just abject silence until the fixes suddenly appear. :)

I, too am wondering where the GP update/fix went...I have sent an email to that regard this evening.

Afraid that is unavoidable. Even if a fix were sitting right there to submit, if the device companies are not open, there is nothing that can be done. :(

They got all that they could do done prior to what I assume was a cross-the-board shutdown (not only for them, but also for Apple, Google, and most companies). That said, as I noted above, I too am curious as to where that GP update went.

I've asked about this directly. I know they are working directly with Microsoft to fix the issue - AND rebuilding the entire code for WP in parallel in case that doesn't work. I do not know why tickets are closed - but I asked those that would know.

Except that in order to pass certification, it would have to have been tested by MS as well. If it were crashing every time on their devices, there is zero chance the update ever passes cert. If that makes sense? It has been a confounding mystery for all thus far. :(

Duplication in QA terms means consistent cause-and-effect replication. Anyone can make a file go corrupt (power down or crash during a save cycle, for example)...but to actually find a bug to fix you need to have that cause and effect. Crashes in general are a very generic and nebulous issue. Impactful, to be sure...but often multifactorial and not always as simple as "a problem in the software". That is what they mean.

Again, I have asked about the ticket closings directly.
Hey loki, would you have any idea as to when to expect the GP update (to stop me checking the store every 2 hours;))

Cant summon pirate invasion in my worldby pirte map

I just try alot but icant

I can summon in new world the i build by once time

Are there anything to solve this problem

Chaos elementals are the strangest mobs in terraria mobile, coupled with some snow enemies (armoured Viking, ice tortoise). They seem to only spawn when a certain amount of hallow is on the screen or in the vicinity. If there is too much they won't. I think that's why the guy a few pages back who killed 1000 was able to get them to spawn- he was on the border between hallow and Crimson.

I got vitamins on my corruption world, but I didn't get them in my time farming the mold. That doesn't really surprise me though, as I only killed around 100 floaty gross. The nazars were dropping from floaty gross, crimslimes and herplings, yet I have no idea why.

^^ This.

It seems like Chaos Elementals can only spawn if mobs besides hallowed mobs have the possibility to spawn as well. Too much pearlstone removes their ability to spawn. My farm had walls and floors made entirely of pearlstone. They wouldn't spawn. Replaced one of the walls with ashen blocks. Started getting some skeletal archers and cave bats, then chaos elementals started spawning on the offscreen pearlstone.

So, I've come to this conclusion. Chaos Elementals are underground hallowed mobs that must spawn off screen on a hallowed biome block, but they cannot spawn on offscreen hallowed biome blocks if regular underground enemies cannot also spawn.

TO EVERYONE THAT IS "TOO LAZY" TO READ THROUGH THE THREAD

You don't have to. Read the first post.

View attachment 90228 View attachment 90227
Here is what it looks like
[DOUBLEPOST=1451313648,1451313426][/DOUBLEPOST]It works the same with corruption
it has been an hour i got my 500 elemental kill 7th rod of discord raindbow rod 2 beam swords and 500 souls of night and light thank's to you :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1451478206][/DOUBLEPOST]
^^ This.

It seems like Chaos Elementals can only spawn if mobs besides hallowed mobs have the possibility to spawn as well. Too much pearlstone removes their ability to spawn. My farm had walls and floors made entirely of pearlstone. They wouldn't spawn. Replaced one of the walls with ashen blocks. Started getting some skeletal archers and cave bats, then chaos elementals started spawning on the offscreen pearlstone.

So, I've come to this conclusion. Chaos Elementals are underground hallowed mobs that must spawn off screen on a hallowed biome block, but they cannot spawn on offscreen hallowed biome blocks if regular underground enemies cannot also spawn.

TO EVERYONE THAT IS "TOO LAZY" TO READ THROUGH THE THREAD

You don't have to. Read the first post.
Exactly!!!!!! i made a farm aswell entirely out of pearlstone and then curroptionized it and boommmmm all the drops :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom