Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, 1 year to get from releasing 1.2 to releasing 1.2.4. That's very different to what you said. Yes this update is very, very buggy, and I'm also disappointed by the false release dates, but it's worth remembering how complex this game is.

I don't think we will ever get 1.3, but we'll see I guess :)
:(

I thought mobile will catch up with pc someday...(maybe 2 or 1.5 years from now

why wouldnt we get 1.3?
A low end phone can run 90% of games on max/medium or low settings and most emulators...
PC 1.3 can run on a pentium ancient pc im sure a 1GB ram phone can handle 1.3 lol.
Even 512mb will be able to do it i think with a swap page app i can run the last gameloft games by using swap on my 512mb phone...

Specs are not a problem and they said mobile terraria will get more content updates and the only missing content is from 1.3 so i dont see any reason for not getting it

why wouldnt we get 1.3?
A low end phone can run 90% of games on max/medium or low settings and most emulators...
PC 1.3 can run on a pentium ancient pc im sure a 1GB ram phone can handle 1.3 lol.
Even 512mb will be able to do it i think with a swap page app i can run the last gameloft games by using swap on my 512mb phone...
It's always possible I guess, but terraria isnt optimised for mobile. A few weeks/months back, some mods and 505 staff were saying that very soon the game will be too big for some smaller devices.

This Re-Purcase Bug on Google Play shows us one thing. So many people buy this game twice. They must not do that but they do. And if the bugs dont be fixed, more and more people will buy this game twice/again. Good way to make money money money money....

Are you seriously implying that the Google Try and Buy bug is intentional? Come on now....really? -_-

Noone "lied" about dates. Lying implies intent. One can be mistaken - trust me, game development is fraught with "unexpected things" that will frustrate even the best plans - but to state lying again assumes they knew ahead of any date announcement that it would be late and did so anyway for some reason.

That simply is not the case.

I already addressed the "tons were caught, tons were not - and noone is saying that is A-OK" bit. Focusing on making that right and then prevention via structural changes in the future.

It is a hard fact that - at some point - the older devices will no longer make sense here. Processor/Memory use has only a loose relation to graphics (though that is the usual example given). For Terraria, the RAM load is driven by the nature of the game engine - it loads EVERYTHING into RAM on startup. The upside is no loading screens or draw in waits....the downside is that the more you add (content, world size, etc), the more than has to be loaded....thus the more RAM needed. Terraria is RAM-intensive. It just is. So you are left with inevitable performance tradeoffs for everyone or doing what everyone else does: moving on. I would imagine that this would take the form of older devices being left at a certain content level while newer ones move on.

That doesn't even touch on the notion of limitations for more advanced devices due to the need to program for a "lowest common denominator" - things like larger worlds, etc. as just one example. (Before anyone says "well just make multiple versions" - this would exponentially increase the compatibility and technical challenges for any number of things)

512mb devices are pretty old at this point. Terraria PC currently requires 2.5GB of RAM (post 1.3)

I'm just trying to shoot straight with you guys - I'm no tech, nor do I speak for 505 Games, nor do I know for certain such a thing/time is coming...but even my limited knowledge can see that train coming down the tracks. If I am wrong, then someone that knows more than I do from 505 Games will correct my error. :p

Again, on the bugs, I get the irritation 1000% - heck, I SHARE it. I'm doing what I can to make absolutely sure that everything is seen and addressed. The timing of the Holidays around this sucked - but now that things are opening back up, we can hopefully jump all over this with both feet. :)

You may not insult other forum members, under any circumstances. This will not be tolerated.
Too many whiny little children here for my taste. Grow up and show respect.

The dev team doesn't exist for you and your whims. Seriously so many people here act like little kids who seem to think they are entitled to whatever they want. The devs will never win with so many whiny :red:s here. I'm done with this forum. Too much bull:red:, not enough respect.
This is ridiculous.

Omg I can't wait for the update....update comes out.....why did you release the update....bug fix comes....omg I can't wait for the update...repeat

Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.
Peace!

[DOUBLEPOST=1451934150,1451933980][/DOUBLEPOST]
If 505 keeps lying about release dates and keep delaying updates for so called bug fixes(let's be honest they didn't do a very good job on these fixes) im so done with this once Pokémon go comes out. No offense 505 just being honest here.

No body cares. In fact, please do stop playing the game, you self righteous, disrespectful :red:.

We all understand that a game as complex as this one won't have every bug fixed. We all understand that the expectation thereof isn't realistic. The list of bugs identified and fixed is likely at least equal to the list of ones identified after the fact. Things that are seemingly obvious to players like traps not damaging enemies and wonky AI may have seemed like subtle problems that may have gone un-noticed considering what else may have been going on.

Let's start by agreeing to that. shall we? Now consider why anyone had expectations remotely close to a bug free game to begin with. It was because of what they were told. If the task of squashing everything was insurmountable and unrealistic, and the devs KNEW that, communications bearing similar implications (which there absolutely were) cannot be conveyed without the very intent you speak of. Devs knew they couldn't fix everything. You've made that perfectly clear. Why did anyone expect them to? Because that's what they were led to expect from what they were told. Lack of intent isn't something I think you can argue.

@DJ Titus Not every sense of entitlement is inherently falsely premised. The issue (at least for me) is the way things were communicated to us during the original delay.

Last edited:
Any hint on when Amazon update will come out? (I know it was delayed, but is there a release date?)
[DOUBLEPOST=1451667840,1451667242][/DOUBLEPOST]

Actually, most of these were intentional and were purposely added in, so I call bullcrap
seconded, but I call it a misunderstanding.

ATTENTION folks, please grant me a moment of your time.

We are all well aware that the issues with this Mobile release have resulted in a lot of strong emotions. There are legitimate quality failures, which warrant an appropriate (though constructive) expression of criticism. There are simple practical issues, such as certification time and major corporation Holiday breaks which are not controllable, and are just facts of life, not deserving of this criticism. Either way, there is a balanced middle ground here, realizing that despite the real mistakes that were made (and are more than worthy of criticism), that fixing it is going to take some time, and repeated expressions of frustration are not doing any good. And between those who wish to express this criticism, and those who want to defend the developers, it is ABSOLUTELY imperative that this not turn hostile. This is not just a matter of being constructive. These are forum rules. Under no circumstances are you to disrespect or insult another forum member. This includes specific developers and staff members as well.

Please; be nice to each other. We are in this together, and certainly all Terraria players are on the same side (the side that wants and deserves a functional and great game). There is no reason to mistreat each other, so don't do it.

Okay, so I was playing Terraria yesterday, 1/3/2016, and i was in my cloud saved world, which was also my main world. while i was moving all my crafting stations and supplies to a new sky hub away from my NPC housing, the game had crashed. I went back into my world and saw that the world had seemingly been deleted, however the world was still saved to my Google Drive folder (and now into my computer). I do't know if this has happened to others, but it doesn't seem normal for a .csworld file to just stop responding to Terraria. My phone is running Android 5.0 (lollipop) on an HTC Desire 626, but I don't thing the device OS or hardware is the problem(?). Please help (i don't care when, I just want my world back).

YES I have experienced this all weekend. Cloud saves are sadly extremely delicate and often corrupt when the game crashes (or switching between devices from my experience). Go to Google Drive on a computer, and locate your csworld file. Right click and click Manage Versions. Delete the most recent version of your world file. Re open terraria, it should be there again. i've found that when the CSWORLD file is corrupted, it will display a file size of 0 KB or just blank. Right click and delete the most recent version or it, and BOOM you should see it bump back up to normal file size and will function as normal. Keep in mind, this will almost 100% happen to you again. You're better off not using cloud saves.

This Re-Purcase Bug on Google Play shows us one thing. So many people buy this game twice. They must not do that but they do. And if the bugs dont be fixed, more and more people will buy this game twice/again. Good way to make money money money money....
Hahaha, yeah that was definitely the idea.

You weren't serious were you?
We all understand that a game as complex as this one won't have every bug fixed. We all understand that the expectation thereof isn't realistic. The list of bugs identified and fixed is likely at least equal to the list of ones identified after the fact. Things that are seemingly obvious to players like traps not damaging enemies and wonky AI may have seemed like subtle problems that may have gone un-noticed considering what else may have been going on.

Let's start by agreeing to that. shall we? Now consider why anyone had expectations remotely close to a bug free game to begin with. It was because of what they were told. If the task of squashing everything was insurmountable and unrealistic, and the devs KNEW that, communications bearing similar implications (which there absolutely were) cannot be conveyed without the very intent you speak of. Devs knew they couldn't fix everything. You've made that perfectly clear. Why did anyone expect them to? Because that's what they were led to expect from what they were told. Lack of intent isn't something I think you can argue.
i agree, and think either:
1) the devs set the bar too high and QA couldn't produce
Or 2) it was the QA team that set the bar too high

Either way, it was the QA team that let down the devs imo, as I believe if the devs had been aware of most these bugs, they would've been able to fix them.

I think we should lay this topic to rest, as the conversation is just going to go in circles :)

@Leinfors
I don't know if the mods have this kind of power, but would it be appropriate to limit discussion on the thread to bug posts only? I pity the 505games rep that has to try and comb through these posts to find new bugs to elevate. I also pity the folks whose bugs posts might get lost in the shuffle.

We can do it, but it will require us literally deleting anything and everything not directly related to bugs from the start, which significantly limits the ability to have a dialogue between the two parties.

Its something that can be done, but unless specifically called for by 505 or Relogic/Loki, its not something we are likely to do. In the mean time, we try to keep it at least on relevant "Mobile topic", which is about the best we can expect unless we start mass purging posts.

Everyone probably would have been better off if this thread died during the holidays. :(

Oh well. Starting my first ever console playthrough while i wait for the patch

After buying the iOS, Vita and 3DS versions (yes, i'm a nomad Terraria player), I am very distraught that ALL versions and ALL subsequent updates are plagued with bugs all over again. Seeing the worldwide sales for Terraria, I wish they could give us at least one bug-free update. But no, after following all updates and/or new ports, it just seems impossible. All sales are going to Otherworld, that's it.

The way I see it, the game is progressing. I know, I know, the game is having issues for lots of players and members, but I don't recall a message stating that targeting and insulting the developers, moderators, and members that are trying to ease the tension on this thread was ok. If anything, find a hobby, draw, read, hang with a friend. Do something so you can wait for the update. Don't worry, the update will come in time. :)

Screenshot_2016-01-04-18-12-01.png
Screenshot_2016-01-04-18-06-20-1.png
Bug: The Sharknados summoned from the Tempest Staff sometimes shoot a glitchy "sharknado" instead of a Sharkron
Edit: Also shoots NPC heads

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-04-17-57-02.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-04-17-57-02.png
    411.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Update!

First of all, Happy New Year everyone. :) We're glad to be back, and as my first post of the year, I bring with me some excellent news for Google Play users!

We will be at long last releasing new updates of both the free and paid versions of Terraria on the Google Play store shortly. Most importantly, this fixes the major in-app purchasing issue that many of you have experienced with the free version. It also contains the bug fixes that went into the last update for iOS.

Again, we apologize for the delay (we were really hoping to get this out before Christmas!), but we are extremely excited that we can finally bring this to you all.

In advance, enjoy, and hope you are all having a terrific start to 2016!

Most importantly, this fixes the major in-app purchasing issue that many of you have experienced with the free version. It also contains the bug fixes that went into the last update for iOS.
Excellent news. I play more on the iPad than on the Galaxy tablet, but it will be nice to be able to use the Moga again. (Can't afford one for iOS devices too.)

For now the Galaxy's reverted from paid to trial, so I'm anxious to see the fix for that one. Anxious, but patient. If that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom