Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder I couldn't get the fishron trophy or get warned about travelling merchants! Anyway, nice bug fixes. If this update fixed the crashing(which it seems to) it will automatically go inside my Terraria top 5 best updates along with 1.2.4. There were so many bugs, I felt like the fishron update was a mod.

Yes they do, characters have always worked but worlds haven't worked since a few months ago

I guess that depends on what your version of "works" is. I can successfully use cloud saves between two devices, but I have to clear data on the app for the! To sync up properly each time I move to the other device. That being said, I also have to restore them to a previous versiom through Google drive almost every day, as they often become corrupt when the game crashes randomly.

Wow lovin the reaver shark and swordfish withing my first in game day (and the almighty zephyr fish :3), the bug fixes are very nicely done except that you have to break a block in the water so it is measured (or refreshed) correctly since I kept getting old shoes. Any Android user can confirm if there are spider fangs since my data got wiped?

Wow lovin the reaver shark and swordfish withing my first in game day (and the almighty zephyr fish :3), the bug fixes are very nicely done except that you have to break a block in the water so it is measured (or refreshed) correctly since I kept getting old shoes. Any Android user can confirm if there are spider fangs since my data got wiped?

Confirmed, they are dropping for me `:):joy:
Android
LG G4

Hey, hi xD in here to report a new bug, this floating pets bug :0
PD. This bug is only in the ground pets :/
Screenshot_2016-01-05-21-10-58.png

:pumpking:

They’re not rare, they just have EXTREMELY weird spawning conditions.

They stack on PC.
They can't stack. Rainbow Rod ain't auto-fire. On mobile they stack, which by I mean you can fire multiple projectiles by just holding down the auto-cursor. Works quite well on WoF with a mana flower.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452051585,1452051034][/DOUBLEPOST]
Microsoft already got Terraria on PS3 like 2 yrs before the game was even realeased um no 2yrs after the game was released on pc yeah
May I ask you, where is your information sourced? Terraria on PC was the first version to be released. Even the Microsoft website says that. BTW Microsoft owns XBox; not PS. Though I can understand the confusion. Microsoft probably would've received a pre-release to see if it is worthy of being marketed on it's devices. But this does not imply that Microsoft released the first publicly available version. All PC distributors/developers would have received a sample/pre-release. The first version made publicly available for PS 4 & Xbox 1 was released in November 11 2014. PC was released in 2011. PS 3, Android, iOS etc. was released in 2013.

Hi everyone - especially @Loki who seems to be clued up about such things, does anyone have a comment about my problem with the latest update? I'd just like to be able to play Terraria again. Its been out of action for over a month now!
Thanks Guys
Dave

That's a new one. Clearing cache didn't help?

Why would the download fail....anyone else have this issue?

Yes, this update fixed the lack of spider fangs, for me they always drop 0-3 fangs a (is it recluse? ) recluse

I'm going to start a new ask gel farm.

Is there any item limit that can be on one place..

I just thinking maybe I can activate the farm and go underground to find an extractinator. Will my farm continue to work and give me thousands of gels?

I Have had this problem before as well and the only way i found to fix it was uninstall and reinstall, i thought it was because i cloned my android file

I have had this problem before, i thought it was because i cloned my android file but i guess i was wrong, only way I've found to fix is doing uninstall and reinstall. Would be a helpful one to fix but i don't know the cause so i can't really help you further
[DOUBLEPOST=1452056691,1452056575][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm going to start a new ask gel farm.

Is there any item limit that can be on one place..

I just thinking maybe I can activate the farm and go underground to find an extractinator. Will my farm continue to work and give me thousands of gels?
After about 300 items are laying on the ground or they lay there for to long things will stay to de spam

Been following this thread since the update in December, and I too purchased the game via the TriAl version way back. Was happy to see that the update last night fixed my purchase issue.

One thing that wasn't fixed, that I see is still "pending" :
  • Game freezes and crashes seemingly at random (Android) - Freezes for about 3 seconds, animation stops, but player can still hear music and fighting/killing/getting hurt sounds, so the game still plays, but they can't see anything because the animation is frozen. After that 3 seconds, instant crash.
I was hoping this would be fixed, but I have to say, its definitely not. I would like to offer some insight to it though. I've found I have this issue on my current cloud save. I've had this world since an update closer to the summer time. It started to have issues as i progressed through the game, but often occurs:

1. When I'm at my base. Going up or down stairs, opening chests, moving items around.
2. If i've left the game to answer a call or reply to a text or look at the wiki, when i return to the game, it either freezes immediately, or shortly after starting to play again. I have to actually swipe the app from my recent apps screen and re-open for it to be playable for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Seems this may be memory related. I should note I'm playing on the following devices, both have the same issues:

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - AT&T
Nvidia Shield Tablet (Original)

Both run Android 5.1.1 and should have plenty of RAM and processing power to handle the game.

I want to think that maybe the world is just corrupt due to being so old, but i really hadn't even played the world file until a couple weeks ago. Rushed through to Hardmode in that time, and kind of just dealt with the issues.

Anyway TL;DR whats the status of these "reported to QA" bugs?
I know when i started playing mobile i noticed i needed to keep background apps to a minimum. This game tries to hold alot of off screen data and has to manage spead across the world. It holds drops unless a limit is reached, this game can be a memory hog. I have seen lots of crashes. One of my issues is leaving the app can cause the app to reboot and data loss.
Btw: If you are speeding across the map and you notice lag stop moving to prevent a crash.

I know when i started playing mobile i noticed i needed to keep background apps to a minimum. This game tries to hold alot of off screen data and has to manage spead across the world. It holds drops unless a limit is reached, this game can be a memory hog. I have seen lots of crashes. One of my issues is leaving the app can cause the app to reboot and data loss.
Btw: If you are speeding across the map and you notice lag stop moving to prevent a crash.

Sound advice. I typically close all other apps anyway though. It definitely occurs mostly around my castle/chests/npcs. Sometimes during intense battles. Pretty annoying. Occurs mostly on my cloud save as well. Started a local save tonight and haven't had a single crash. Though...I haven't built really anything yet.

I Have had this problem before as well and the only way i found to fix it was uninstall and reinstall, i thought it was because i cloned my android file

I have had this problem before, i thought it was because i cloned my android file but i guess i was wrong, only way I've found to fix is doing uninstall and reinstall. Would be a helpful one to fix but i don't know the cause so i can't really help you further
[DOUBLEPOST=1452056691,1452056575][/DOUBLEPOST]
After about 300 items are laying on the ground or they lay there for to long things will stay to de spam
So it means I can't keep farm running for hours while farming for ores?

I had finally convinced a friend of mine to buy Terraria for his Win Phone (two days before the latest update), and now he keeps looking at me like Hulk before exploding.

So, sorry for asking, but any progress made on the "unable to play" issue?

Yes and will most likely be able to run 1.3
No I don't think so. If you have 1 gb out-of the box you will have only below 500 mb for terraria to run. I don't think that will be enough to run 1.3 version if it comes.

If you mean by 1 gb is the free memory after android os loads. I think that will be enough to run 1.3..

Again I don't think 1.3 come to mobile soon. It willtake at least 2 years mabe.. May be it'll never come..

Don't know for sure.

Here's the problem as I see it ,I download the update, open the app to see if it downloads properly and it has, I then close the app ,shut down my WiFi, clear the cache(as I do when I download any app or update) find that when I open app while not connected to WiFi the app has reverted to trial/demo, I then turn on my WiFi open the app and it has appeared as it has when I downloaded the update which is a working upto date app I have purchased. I'm on a tablet by the way N7 2013 enough ram to handle this app, everything I describe above is no different than what I did before this update, no problems with clearing cache before this major update,so it seems when I clear my cache I need to be online to have the app I paid for

so it seems that I only get a playable updated version if I'm only online,otherwise it reverts back to demo/trial version,clearing cache does not help any as I thought earlier. Version 11362/1.2.11364
Android OS 6.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom