Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got the fishron trophy yet? Nope? I guess they didn't fix it yet. I really want that trophy tho

I've got the full version again but I keep crashing every time I get into the world (and sometimes before) could this be caused by moving the app to an SD card and if so would moving it back fix the issue (also if this is the case perhaps you could make it unmovable in some future update its not a major issue if it is solvable the above mentioned way) (if this is not the case then it looks like there is still a major issue even after the bugfix update)

I just went to move it back and apparently I never moved it even though I remember doing so meaning the issue has nothing to do with the SD card and is definitely a simple crash on startup bug and the app now says its unmovable even though I'm sure it was before the bugfix
[DOUBLEPOST=1452097882,1452097292][/DOUBLEPOST]I got my loot world to stay open for about a minute before crashing but I was looking at the new recipes (I also noticed they don't have the sparkles to identify them)which used to cause me to crash almost every time I checked them I also noticed they don't have the sparkles to identify them

I just got my main world to stay open long enough to check the map to remind myself how far I had gotten on a massive underground build and then when I closed the map and hit the inventory button the game crashed I really wish I could stop having such bad luck with this game

@Tunnel King - can we make sure this is visible here?

@505 Games Support - this would be very good to add to the CS Portal knowledge base!!!!

:joy:

Loki, why aren't saves simply stored on the SD Card or Internal Storage? Why are they stored within the System partition and not accessible by an end user? It seems to me this would make everyone's lives a lot easier if the world and character files were easily accessible. Cloud saves are so horribly broken and easily corruptible that it makes sense to stick with local saves most of the time, but if there's no easy way to backup or transfer them... well most users are screwed when it comes time to troubleshoot/uninstall/reinstall.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452100467,1452100409][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just got my main world to stay open long enough to check the map to remind myself how far I had gotten on a massive underground build and then when I closed the map and hit the inventory button the game crashed I really wish I could stop having such bad luck with this game
Existing save or new world? Are you just trying to recover your World from before the update?

EDIT: I just re-read your post. So your old world is borked..this is a Local save file right?

Sorted!!

Ok, so... uninstalled, reinstalled, restored backup, ran it : didn't work, same problem as before.

Try again...

Uninstall, reinstall, open it, let it do some downloading and file extracting, close it again, THEN restore backup : works and I still have my saves :)

Guessing I must have been missing a config file or something and it generated a new one when I ran it before restoring the backup; can't have been in the backed up data or it would have gotten overwritten.

Thank you all for your help, guess the lessons learned here are backing up data does work, but you need to run it once before you hit restore.

Edit: bit more info

Backup was for data only, not the actual app. Also, backup was created AFTER the game became unplayable rather than a periodic routine backup.

Also, really sorry that I didn't try this and post about it yesterday but I honestly didn't think it would work.

@Tunnel King - can we make sure this is visible here?

@505 Games Support - this would be very good to add to the CS Portal knowledge base!!!!

:joy:
Sorry, been really busy over here this week, but quick question -- what are you (@Berkulese) using for the backup/restore? Something like Titanium Backup, and if so, are you rooted? Thanks!

It's an existing world (not cloud) but I can't get any of my worlds to stay open very long (also I'm on android and I had read that the crash on startup was ios only though I couldn't test for myself before because of the revert to trial bug that was fixed in the bugfix update)

Sorry, been really busy over here this week, but quick question -- what are you (@Berkulese) using for the backup/restore? Something like Titanium Backup, and if so, are you rooted? Thanks!

Odds are http://www.androidterrariabackup.com/ or TB
[DOUBLEPOST=1452101263,1452101173][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's an existing world (not cloud) but I can't get any of my worlds to stay open very long (also I'm on android and I had read that the crash on startup was ios only though I couldn't test for myself before because of the revert to trial bug that was fixed in the bugfix update)

Back up your save using this method on this page http://www.androidterrariabackup.com/ if you can. Then i would Clear app data in settings and try again. Also, move the app back to internal storage if you haven't already done so.

Would it be a good idea to clear terrarias cached data because I have know the cache to cause issues with other apps

Would it be a good idea to clear terrarias cached data because I have know the cache to cause issues with other apps

I would clear cache then test again. if it still fails, you need to clear the app data and try again. Keep in mind though, once you clear data, your saves will be gone. So you need to back them up first.

I'd rather not use something that basically says warning this could mess up your device while its still under warranty those kinds of things tend to void the warranty that and it says you have to hook it up to a computer

Loki, why aren't saves simply stored on the SD Card or Internal Storage? Why are they stored within the System partition and not accessible by an end user? It seems to me this would make everyone's lives a lot easier if the world and character files were easily accessible. Cloud saves are so horribly broken and easily corruptible that it makes sense to stick with local saves most of the time, but if there's no easy way to backup or transfer them... well most users are screwed when it comes time to troubleshoot/uninstall/reinstall.

No idea. You would need to ask 505 Games/CodeGlue that one. Sorry. :(

I'd rather not use something that basically says warning this could mess up your device while its still under warranty those kinds of things tend to void the warranty that and it says you have to hook it up to a computer
Yeah that's understandable. However, ADB is fairly safe to use. I wouldn't stress too much about it. But yeah you'd need to use a computer.
[DOUBLEPOST=1452101825,1452101775][/DOUBLEPOST]

why aren't saves simply stored on the SD Card or Internal Storage? Why are they stored within the System partition and not accessible by an end user? It seems to me this would make everyone's lives a lot easier if the world and character files were easily accessible. Cloud saves are so horribly broken and easily corruptible that it makes sense to stick with local saves most of the time, but if there's no easy way to backup or transfer them... well most users are screwed when it comes time to troubleshoot/uninstall/reinstall.

Hi everyone - especially @Loki who seems to be clued up about such things, does anyone have a comment about my problem with the latest update? I'd just like to be able to play Terraria again. Its been out of action for over a month now!
Thanks Guys
Dave

That's a new one. Clearing cache didn't help?

Why would the download fail....anyone else have this issue?

I'm having this issue, too. It started with yesterday's update. Starting the trial/upgraded version of the game says it's connecting to the server, shows the black screen with the spinning/loading indicator, then 1-2 seconds later it shows a message saying it failed to download/install. The black loading screen continues after that.

I'll add...
I'm on Android, Galaxy S5.
The icon for the game has switched back to the original icon (dude in a green shirt like my avatar, but holding a pick axe and facing the other way)
I actually have *both* the trial version and for pay version (Terraria and Terraria.). (I like to support 505, what can I say?)
Both versions were upgraded yesterday.
Clearing cache doesn't help.
The for pay version works great.

* Edit: Added note about clearing cache

Last edited:
I'm having this issue, too. It started with yesterday's update. Starting the trial/upgraded version of the game says it's connecting to the server, shows the black screen with the spinning/loading indicator, then 1-2 seconds later it shows a message saying it failed to download/install. The black loading screen continues after that.

I'll add...
I'm on Android, Galaxy S5.
The icon for the game has switched back to the original icon (dude in a green shirt like my avatar, but holding a pick axe and facing the other way)
I actually have *both* the trial version and for pay version (Terraria and Terraria.). (I like to support 505, what can I say?)
Both versions were upgraded yesterday.
The for pay version works great.

Do you have more than one Google account? Also, are you connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular for data?

What is the best farm for coins in pre hardmode??

Sorry for off topic questions

If you have a sun fury (They are found in the underworld and do not require hard mode) (You have to defeat the skeletron first to get the purple keys found in the dungeon to open chest in the underworld/hell)(To open chests in the dungeon to acquire purple keys, kill of a bunch of dungeon enemies for golden keys to open dungeon chests, the purple key is usually in the first chest you encounter) then here are the steps to riches (In terms of terraria currency, not ores)

1. Acquire a dryad
2. Get a decent amount of gold (5 gold coins should be enough)
3. Make an empty chest and clear your inventory of junk
4. Wait for a blood moon (1/9 chance of happening every night)
5. During a blood moon, buy as much vile powder as you can with your money
6. Put some in your empty chest and take some with you (Like 5 stacks or somethin)
7. Go to your corruption world (The crimson boss does not work like the eater of worlds)
8. Kill a bunch of eater of souls until you have at least 15 rotten chunks
9. Find a corruption altar (I think thats what its called)(These are found deep in the corruption world, look for tunnels they'll get you one faster) and make yourself a bunch of worm food
10.Make two walls vertical walls beside you to avoid being moved around to much (Do this in the corruption tunnel you found)
11. Spawn the eater of worlds by eating the worm food
12. hold up your sun fury and he will be killed within 30 secs, no dodging his attacks required :O
13. Repeat this until you have no worm food left over, then make yourself more and repeat step 12
14. When you are out of supplies to make wormfood, head home and sell the demonite ore (Found in your inventory), you should have loads of this stuff
15. Demonite ore sells for an awful lot, with two stacks of this stuff (You should have at least two stacks of demonite ore 999) you automatically have 100 gold. 100 Gold is a LOT of gold, store it somewhere safe so you don't lose it (Say the empty chest we made)

Notes:
Each eater of worlds boss drops about 30 demonite ore
This will take about 15 minutes of killing the boss over and over again
To store gold in a chest, go to the currency tab in your inventory and drag the coind into the chest, AUTO DROP IN DOES NOT WORK

Hope this helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom