Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have an issue with the Destroyer absolutely owning you? I beat him once before but on this new character, after the update, I can't. I've tried with the same armor, weapons, and you could even say I'm better prepared because I set up an entire arena with campfires and statues and heart lanterns.

@505 Games Support

Please fix this delete bug. I'm kinda losing St this point because of all the stuff that's gone missing... I don't want this to sound like a hate ranch, but I'm quite annoyed by this. If the constant crashing and freezing, making players lose items they just got (especially if it's rare or they've spent hours grading for) that's really annoying. Time wasted isn't fun. Or its an item that you've spent tons of gold on to get a good modifier, then poof, it's gone. That's annoying. And the worst thing is, sometimes, the game doesn't even crash, and items just disappear. My mana flower, after reforging, disappeared after I moved into my inventory and click exit. The spectre set, which I've spent hours waiting for chlorophyte and times spent grip ding int end during dungeon, finally, get the set (hood and mask) swap out the hood to try on the mask, and my hood disappears for no reason... Please fix this, this is truly the worst part about this game right now. The silly bugs, I can take, but loosing items due to crashes and an invisible black hole that's just annoying cause I've lost just too much time, gold, and rare items...
Hope an update comes out soon...

Sword Ace reminded me of another mount glitch. Or rather, a Minecart glitch.

I can't make a picture of it, since the item that was blatantly glitched, the Umbrella, is locked away in my first character. (if not, still not testing, due to the growing evidence of instability)

I was jumping off the skybridge to fill in gaps on the map after finding a few floating islands when I noticed the Minecart/Umbrella graphics glitch. The Umbrella would drift away from the character's hand while moving and/or be titled in an odd angle. I only got the Umbrella from another world when trying to generate another Living Tree that had a Living Loom, and can't easily redo that. (Btw, no Living Tree, let alone the loom, so had no luck there)

@505 Games Support
When tilted while in a Minecart, and you use a recall device (Magic Mirror or Recall Potion) you stay tilted when you get to the spawn point. You walk at that angle, and your weapon/tool swing is equally off angle as well. I had to jump back into a Minecart again and leave it while on a flat part of track.

Dear Developers,

Lately I've found a few problems with the fundamentals of the game and have a few suggestions I hope you can consider.
If you press the bottom left or right corners of the screen a circle control will appear, with the center of it under your finger. While this is useful, it can also be a hindrance. If you have a stationary D-Pad/circle control using a dash item (Tabi/Master Ninja Gear) will be a lot easier, especially when dashing right. Another benefit would be that targeting a certain block while mining or aiming to shoot an enemy would be much easier because of the minimized control pads.
One last suggestion is with boss fights. As a non-melee character using the iPhone, it is very hard to dodge with the little screen space given. What you could do is that when a boss fight commences, the screen zooms out, to or near the extent of the PC version. In a boss fight you most likely won't need to target a single block with your pickaxe. This will make the fights a whole lot more practical and give the ranged/magic/summoner classes a needed boost in the mobile world.

Thanks in advance,

Fellow Terrerian, Cerb13.

I suspect all of these "damage numbers don't match PC" issues are purposeful (balanced to mobile). All I will say for now is that rebalancing is a known thing that is on the list....and will let more details on that come later. For now, my push is on the team to fix the actual core/critical bugs....because until they can get that under control, nothing else content or balance or anything should arrive. Fix the current house first.

Just as a note. :)

It doesn't do people any good if hundreds of players get the bug but the people coding it can't. They need to find, on a technical side, what the issue is . . . they already "know" its there, and more reports of that won't help fix the problem.

As for more comprehensive overall testing, it has been stated previously that the team and system for that has been overhauled for subsequent releases, but not in time for this release.

As for "how close they are", with a technical issue like undiagnosable crashing . . . its literally done when its done. There is no progress meter saying "Oh, the problem is now 78% complete". They have shared that they are continuing to work on it, and until they make that breakthrough and solve it, it simply "is not done". If they had a date, I'm sure they would share it.
We don't really care about what you say unless you have a fix for it

Its not only them....its MS as well. I mean a repeatable crash is pretty much the literal definition of a submission blocker - and yet clearly the MS testers did not experience it either. Noone denies it exists of course....just that until they can get ahold of a device that does it, its elusive.

There are plenty of folks out there, I'll grant that....but I'm not sure how best to leverage that.
But I talked to Microsoft about it well the technical support team about the game and when he looked into the game it was 505 game waiting to release a fix for windows

What you could do is that when a boss fight commences, the screen zooms out, to or near the extent of the PC version. In a boss fight you most likely won't need to target a single block with your pickaxe. This will make the fights a whole lot more practical and give the ranged/magic/summoner classes a needed boost in the mobile world.

Thanks in advance,

I very much like this idea. I wouldn't mind if it's zoomed out the entire time, but this would be a good compromise. It would also allow us to fight bosses with the PC damage values and experience it like it was originally designed. The balancing is strange on mobile, the cthulunadoes are the only attack of fishron that hasn't been nerfed, and anyone else that has fought him on a phone screen knows they are the hardest aspect as they basically appear out of nowhere.
NEED TO ADD MOON LORD! Been waiting since moon lord was introduced to fight him
Just curious, what was the point in this post? Of course we would all love the moon lord but it won't come any faster with posts like this, and there are a LOT of fixes to come before we even reach an AI update.

Also need to add expert mode.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453914166,1453914026][/DOUBLEPOST]
I very much like this idea. I wouldn't mind if it's zoomed out the entire time, but this would be a good compromise. It would also allow us to fight bosses with the PC damage values and experience it like it was originally designed. The balancing is strange on mobile, the cthulunadoes are the only attack of fishron that hasn't been nerfed, and anyone else that has fought him on a phone screen knows they are the hardest aspect as they basically appear out of nowhere.

Just curious, what was the point in this post? Of course we would all love the moon lord but it won't come any faster with posts like this, and there are a LOT of fixes to come before we even reach an AI update.

Yeah I know I'm just extremely Impatient and Have been waiting for a while. Also I've seen so many videos of people fighting moon lord and its making me really excited
[DOUBLEPOST=1453914754][/DOUBLEPOST]Awesome. Bugs were annoying `:)

Thanks for responding to my post, Sword Ace. It gives me a lot of confidence about my idea.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453915520,1453915133][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm sorry when I said Sword Ace, I meant Donah23! Thanks man!^_^
[DOUBLEPOST=1453915737][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dear Developers,

Lately I've found a few problems with the fundamentals of the game and have a few suggestions I hope you can consider.
If you press the bottom left or right corners of the screen a circle control will appear, with the center of it under your finger. While this is useful, it can also be a hindrance. If you have a stationary D-Pad/circle control using a dash item (Tabi/Master Ninja Gear) will be a lot easier, especially when dashing right. Another benefit would be that targeting a certain block while mining or aiming to shoot an enemy would be much easier because of the minimized control pads.
One last suggestion is with boss fights. As a non-melee character using the iPhone, it is very hard to dodge with the little screen space given. What you could do is that when a boss fight commences, the screen zooms out, to or near the extent of the PC version. In a boss fight you most likely won't need to target a single block with your pickaxe. This will make the fights a whole lot more practical and give the ranged/magic/summoner classes a needed boost in the mobile world.

Thanks in advance,

I'm happy to know you guys are working on this stuff. It's really reassuring!

No, for me he’s just as hard as he was before. I easily killed him with the Flamethrower in the version before 1.2.4, and in 1.2.4 I just as easily killed him with the same weapon.

I reccommend that you never use the quick equip buttons to equip things. It’s much safer to manually equip them.
Yeah, that's probably lyrics what happened with the helmet. The mana flower, I don't know what happened...

I suspect all of these "damage numbers don't match PC" issues are purposeful (balanced to mobile). All I will say for now is that rebalancing is a known thing that is on the list....and will let more details on that come later. For now, my push is on the team to fix the actual core/critical bugs....because until they can get that under control, nothing else content or balance or anything should arrive. Fix the current house first.

Just as a note. :)
I believe they do balance out. On the wiki, the main difference between pc vs mobile and console is the amount of material, and the damage.

Be patient. He only got added to PC 6 months ago

I know Moon lord has only been active for 6 months but that should be enough time, but then again I'm not a programmer I don't know how hard it is to do it.

Did the Mana Flower despawn when you equipped it?

They could add the Moon Lord, but then people would be mad because they would want all the 1.3 stuff. And they’ve been working on 1.2.4 since before the Moon Lord came to PC, so first they would have to fix all the bugs and UI, and THEN they might start working on 1.3. It would still probably take at least a year.

At least a year and about a gazillion new bugs.

Heck with the Moon Lord! Fix the critical glitches first before causing any more impending doom.

I can't help but ask the people doing these damage tests if they are doing it with or without armor; or somehow taking into account the damage reduction factor and calculating the numbers right.

Personally, I'd test both with and without armor, to check raw damage, and to see if the armor values are being used correctly.

A tester might want to make a note of that when quoting damage, otherwise it will be hard to correlate and verify the numbers people are getting.

There is the http://terraria.wiki.gg/Terraria_Wiki. which should give you numbers as to what damage values should be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom