Mobile Terraria Mobile Easter Update: Expanded Worlds & More!

As I mentioned in my post, "Firefly In A Jar" causes the app to crash (iOS) I fixed the issue by blowing it up, it doesnt crash as an item, but if its placed it does.
I found another bug, on any world, near the spawnpoint (seemingly only the original spawn) 4-6 blocks will be destroyed, lying on the ground, (Happened with Dirt and Living Wood, I placed the Living Wood myself, it wasnt natural).

I played around with Terraria and The normal amount of mobs displayed every time, so because I was unable to reproduce that bug, the Enemy Spawn Rate "bug" is likely Invalid.

Another bug, maybe, I cant find any Floating Islands on Expanded, I went to the Sky Limit and used my wings, couldnt find any, also flew up from the ground.

Havent seen any "Bloodroot" for Orange Dye in a while. :|

-ShadowOfDarkness

I've seen two on my first night in Terraria. Bloodroot that is. But I will keep in mind that's the PC edition, so, maybe the rarity is different.

I did find some 'Rainbow Piece' s on mobile falling from the sky, apparently it will only happen around St. Patrick's day

Here is a video that shows both issues. You will see me set my spawn point, walk out of my house, return using my mirror, my floor will explode, and then I will try to jump while inside my house and the app will crash. Hope this is helpful is squashing this bug!!

PS I use various lighting. All different colored torches, lamp posts, heart lanterns, etc.

[doublepost=1458937473,1458937057][/doublepost]

I have a LOT of mannequins in my house too. Maybe 30. I wonder if these are causing my crashing issues. I don't know how I'd even remove them to test this theory though, as I cannot jump up to them without the app instantly crashing.

Fascinating - it's like the old spawn thing but it's triggering to the right. Is it the same spot no matter where you set spawn? Like is it the same spot in the house always or is it always X tiles to the side of where your spawn is? If that makes sense?

As I mentioned in my post, "Firefly In A Jar" causes the app to crash (iOS) I fixed the issue by blowing it up, it doesnt crash as an item, but if its placed it does.

OMG! My crashing problem is gone!!!! It was the firefly jars! I could not go anywhere near the middle of my house without crashing. However, as a test, I loaded my game, and had my daughter's toon join my world, and she was able to go up into my house! Sure enough... There were 5 firefly jars! She removed them, and now my character can roam around the house freely once again! Those jars are absolutely bugged! Thank you sooooo much!

Last edited:
Fascinating - it's like the old spawn thing but it's triggering to the right. Is it the same spot no matter where you set spawn? Like is it the same spot in the house always or is it always X tiles to the side of where your spawn is? If that makes sense?

It's always the same 4 pieces of wooden floor that blow up. It seems to be the 4 wooden floor pieces right above the natural spawn point of the world, if no bed was being used.

I tried removing the bed entirely and the same 4 floor pieces still blew up when I used my mirror. I tried moving the bed to a few different locations within my house, even several floors up, but it did not matter - those same 4 floor pieces blew up.

I even tried moving my bed to a different smaller house, away from my main house, set my spawn point, and when I used my mirror, the same 4 pieces of floor back in my main house still blew up.

So weird.

For now, I will just leave those 4 pieces removed. If there is anything you want me to try though, to help figure out what's causing it, just let me know.

Last edited:

OMG! My crashing problem is gone!!!! It was the firefly jars! I could not go anywhere near the middle of my house without crashing. However, as a test, I loaded my game, and had my daughter's toon join my world, and she was able to go up into my house! Sure enough... There were 5 firefly jars! She removed them, and now my character can roam around the house freely once again! Those jars are absolutely bugged! Thank you sooooo much!

Hmmm, She didnt crash from the Firefly in a Bottle(s)? (Not jar, my bad) maybe its an iOS-only crash?

It's always the same 4 pieces of wooden floor that blow up. It seems to be the 4 wooden floor pieces right above the natural spawn point of the world, if no bed was being used.

I tried removing the bed entirely and the same 4 floor pieces still blew up when I used my mirror. I tried moving the bed to a few different locations within my house, even several floors up, but it did not matter - those same 4 floor pieces blew up.

I even tried moving my bed to a different smaller house, away from my main house, set my spawn point, and when I used my mirror, the same 4 pieces of floor back in my main house still blew up.

So weird.

For now, I will just leave those 4 pieces removed. If there is anything you want me to try though, to help figure out what's causing it, just let me know.

Well, I just tried some of it, it starts 1 block to the right of my spawn, It destroyed 16 blocks at most, (4 blocks tall, 4 wide) I tried with Living Wood, Dirt, Mud, Obsidian, Blue Dungeon Brick, Tin/Lead Ore (At Once) Lizahrd Brick, Sunplate Block, and placed Silver Bars, it broke them all EXCEPT The Silver Bars (Maybe only works with foreground blocks?) I thought maybe it was an "Explosion" like that of Dynamite, however now I dont, since its only 16 blocks, not hurting any others near it, and also destroying Lizahrd Bricks which are indestructible by explosives.

I too will try to help crack this bug if needed, @Loki

(EDIT) Just tested Wood Platforms, they dont break from this glitch.
I also notice that Magic Mirror doesnt cost any Mana like in PC. (20 Mana)

-ShadowOfDarkness

I've seen two on my first night in Terraria. Bloodroot that is. But I will keep in mind that's the PC edition, so, maybe the rarity is different.

I did find some 'Rainbow Piece' s on mobile falling from the sky, apparently it will only happen around St. Patrick's day

On PC about every other time I go down my Hell-evator one has "Grown" in a small opening, I have never seen an Orange Bloodroot in Mobile.

I will just say that fireflies and lightning bugs and all permutations therein were discovered and confirmed to be an issue quite at random late this week by R-L testers. Nasty bug, this....it's nearly undetectable in regards to what is the true cause - and easily blamed on so many other things like "world won't load" or "random crash". Very glad we found it, as it's already being fixed by the 505/CG guys as we speak. :).

The wood spawn explosion thing is fascinating - almost like it is registering a dual spawning in the world. Will pursue that one as well! :)

If you guys can give more info around crashes - I've got a debug build and I can check things pretty quickly.....but my time is really limited, so any helpful details are so huge in making that efficient. :)

Together, we are the bugs' worst nightmare. :joy:

Hmmm, She didnt crash from the Firefly in a Bottle(s)? (Not jar, my bad) maybe its an iOS-only crash?

No, she was able to go up and remove them with no problem. And as soon as she removed all 5 firefly bottles, I was able to move freely about my house again, for the first time since the update. I have no idea why it let her go near them, but not me.

Back
Top Bottom