Mobile Terraria Mobile Easter Update: Expanded Worlds & More!

I can't install the update, says it's not compatible with my device.
It's a Hipstreet Micron that I bought for my bro.
[doublepost=1458787139,1458786814][/doublepost]Here are the specs of the tablet taken from the Hipstreet website.
1.3 GHz CPU
Quad Core Processor
1GB RAM + 8 GB internal memory
I can confirm the Hipstreet Equinox 3 HS-10DTB8-8GB is unsupported.

What version is this update? The last in Google Play was 1.2.11585
  • iOS = Version: 1.2.11964
  • Google Play = 1.2.11965
Note: Although version numbers are different, content is parity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Terraria's mobile edition, does it support Bluetooth controllers?
Only very specific controllers (one set of which has trouble actually connecting to devices. I'm looking at you, MOGA). Now, I don't remember how it works exactly, so I could be very wrong, but I'm fairly certain that it should be as simple as targeting the API for HID controllers (that's been around since Android 2.3. Seriously, game devs don't have a good reason for this), so why they haven't done it is beyond me. Perhaps they have bigger concerns, I don't know.
Note: I have the utmost respect to the developers, and hope that if I'm wrong they correct me on that.

Only very specific controllers (one set of which has trouble actually connecting to devices. I'm looking at you, MOGA). Now, I don't remember how it works exactly, so I could be very wrong, but I'm fairly certain that it should be as simple as targeting the API for HID controllers (that's been around since Android 2.3. Seriously, game devs don't have a good reason for this), so why they haven't done it is beyond me. Perhaps they have bigger concerns, I don't know.
Note: I have the utmost respect to the developers, and hope that if I'm wrong they correct me on that.
Exclusivity deal, I think. And a bad one at that-- my controller disconnects every 5 minutes. Literally. And I have to reboot the Moga App to get it working again and shut down the game. :(

Also, downloaded update from Google, my game crashed about 3 times in fifteen minutes before I gave up caring.

Exclusivity deal, I think. And a bad one at that-- my controller disconnects every 5 minutes. Literally. And I have to reboot the Moga App to get it working again and shut down the game. :(

Also, downloaded update from Google, my game crashed about 3 times in fifteen minutes before I gave up caring.
That would make a little too much sense, unfortunately. Yeah, I bought a MOGA pocket just to play terraria (hey, it was $6), and while I love the controller (although I wish the analog sticks were a teeny bit looser, then they'd be god-tier), it doesn't work with the Pivot app at all. I think I got it to pair all of once, and it dropped after 5 minutes of gameplay. The controller pairs just fine to the universal driver, but that doesn't work with the game, which is perhaps the cruelest of it all.
Also, from my 5 minutes playing with the controller, I have to wonder why digging straight down does 3 blocks under you.

There a bug in my game where whenever I press play it crashes (note I did press iCloud folder recently by accident and now this bug appears please help) thx

Hardware, OS info on any crashes - along with any crashlogs you can provide will be amazingly helpful towards tracking down any issues.

what about the amazon version?

As noted on the OP, still in process I'm afraid.

Terraria has 3 months does not work on Windows Phone

They provided an update on that in the OP.

I Found some bugs, in this new update, one with a bit of explanation, I guess a couple of these bugs are from an update or two ago, (The last 2)

BTW my World has been around for a long time, slightly after the Hardmode Update I think.
This is a Long Post, so I used Spoiler to keep it small unless read.
1. "Staff of The Frost Hydra" doesnt summon "Frost Hydra" when used, nor do its "Frost Particles" appear when used.

2. A placed "Firefly in a Jar" causes game to crash, and As I had 2 with my Bed, The game crashed every time I entered the world with a character set at the bed (Firefly Jar was on the screen) Luckily, I had a character that hadnt used the bed, I broke the "Firefly In A Jar"s and I can now use my other character in that world. (I placed them again later to make sure it was the Firefly Jars)

3. I cant seem to get a "Meat Grinder" (Crafting Station) I farm in an Underground Crimson for a couple hours, and cant get one. Ive tried this for several updates now, hoping it was fixed.

4. I was playing around with this update yesterday, (On a new World) And I found that there was an Extreme LACK of enemies, I only found a couple Ice Bats, and a Skeleton Viking in a Snow Biome I was in for 20 minutes, also hardly any Slimes/Zombies were appearing. I think TOO MANY enemies appeared when affected by "Water Candle" although, maybe I just wasnt used to that many enemies since I hadnt seen them for a while.

5. (not tested this update, but the last update) Perhaps by design, but I have Spectre/Dragon armor, and Razorpine/Razorblade Typhoon/Flairon/Vampire Knives/Tempest Staff/Staff Of The Frost Hydra/Charm of Myths/Fire Gauntlet/Spooky Wings (All with good reforges) and a set aside area you COULD call an "Arena" (Apparently not a very good arena, but it has a nearby bed) but I cant fully beat either the Pumpkin Moon or Frost Moon, also mobs from the Frost Moon spawn below my Arena, making it hard to get "Points" to win the Event. (Its in the sky, and its 2 blocks thick, maybe needs to be thicker? Its made of Asphalt) Ive never gotten to the "Ice Queen" where I would get and use a "North Pole"

6. (not tested this update, but the last update) I have killed Duke Fishron many times, but have never gotten his trophy, I have had a goal to get every Trophy from every boss, including Corruption/Crimson and I cant get Fishron or any Frost Moon/Pumpkin Moon Trophies (Best chance to drop at last wave, which I can never get to)

-ShadowOfDarkness

Nice update guys! Really liking the new world size. I found a small graphical bug: ice bats displaying the wrong parts when killed. I cannot make out which mobs they are though.
I also found this to be true, it looked like a blue mandible, like a Black Recluse except colored Blue, Although I didnt have good lighting in the cave, I can try and look at it again.
from my 5 minutes playing with the controller, I have to wonder why digging straight down does 3 blocks under you.
Thats a normal Mobile Terraria thing, but I guess its because your character is claustrophobic and hates tight spaces :3

Last edited:
I have a bug for this version. It is fairly big so yea. On a Nexus 5X (at least) after loading a world there is a small bar on the right side which only shows the background and no blocks. The mana bar is also too far to the left, and I think this is an issue of the things that are supposed to be on screen not on screen. Thx

I decided to mess around on the tutorial world and noticed the word "passcode" on the bottom of the screen and I don't think I saw that in my actual worlds

Hardware, OS info on any crashes - along with any crashlogs you can provide will be amazingly helpful towards tracking down any issues
I have a iPhone5S lastest iOS update, latest terraria update( this problem occurred before the update) and as said just crashes as I press play now (occurred after accidents you press the iCloud file, created the character and played it for like 30s, then when out and the above happened

First of all i dig this new app icon for Android.

Why is the date wrong again in google play the update wasnt repeased on said date...

Updated the game and tried to create a expanded world, got the your ram low message (512mb user) then in the world naming screen the keyboard was not showing... after some tries it finally worked i named my world and created it.

Instant out of memory crash after the world was created xD froze some stock apps to save ram and tried to open the world and kept getting out of memory crashes as soon as the world opens :(
Also a weird glitch the loading bar didnt appear some times and others it did.

Then i installed an app that i think is made by God (i ran half life 2 shield game on same 512mb ram phone with its help thats how good it is) and boom!
World opened and no out of memory crashes anymore and one interesting thing is game plays smooth unlike the first 1.2.4 versions even with the help of same app... idk why and how but im one lucky you know what :D
Nothing weird in my gameplay so far except 1 sec lag at some points when the eye icon appears and one time the music was gone but i fixed that fast and i think its a low ram thing

Maybe the apps name should be added to first post with instructions on how to use it with terraria?
The app seems legal, is free and only needs root and it would help 512mb ram terrarians cause i play full speed on expanded world like im using a high end phone xD

And no its not a ram swapper app

@dirtlord Same for me, I have 1.7 Gigs left and it thinks I have under 1. Unplayable, seems to now be affecting my normal worlds as well.

Back
Top Bottom