Mobile Terraria Mobile Easter Update: Expanded Worlds & More!

That's weird, I was able to do all the things you specified. I was on a Corruption world though.
it worked fine on a Corruption World, my guess is the game doesnt accept The Brain of Cthulhu as a requirement alternative to The Eater of Worlds.

I don't have a set bed, none of my characters can get into my old worlds
Did you have a "Firefly in a Bottle" at spawn?

Please don't drop support for iOS 7! We're okay with not having expanded worlds but don't keep us from getting those quality of life, UI, UX updates.

Please don't drop support for iOS 7! We're okay with not having expanded worlds but don't keep us from getting those quality of life, UI, UX updates.

Development just doesn't work that way unless you start parsing versions, which can cause any number of problems on top of essentially doubling the QA/Dev load. Over time, it just gets further and further apart....and then you have the notion that OS's just get older and older and less and less supported, yielding more and more issues. Better to lock in a working game than to update it to the point where your device simply cannot run it period.

Did you have a "Firefly in a Bottle" at spawn?

I have word that a fix for this is imminent.

Im willing to believe yes, rare drops are easier, I killed one Turtle and got a Turtle Shell while I didnt care, and thought "What the hell? It took me like 3 hours to get 3 Turtle Shells."

It's just RNG. My kids got a slime staff on the third slime they ever killed. I still have never seen one in any playthrough on any version that I have played. RNG is like that.

It's just RNG. My kids got a slime staff on the third slime they ever killed. I still have never seen one in any playthrough on any version that I have played. RNG is like that.

Really? for Mobile, I keep getting good reforges on them, straight from the drop, "Masterful" and "Adept" I even saw one that I think was Cyan Rarity.

@505 Games Support Heres a helpful gatter of bugs I noted down while I was offline

-Spear traps go above their release point if its turned into a background object with an actuator
-the spread of hallow and corruption/crimson is misaligned in expanded worlds not to mention slightly thinner
-Angler still doesnt give out proper exclusive quest rewards upon reaching a certain quest number (10th quest will give you a fuzzy carrot as an example which is the only way to obtain it)
-Expanded worlds have shrunken ocean biome detectors (while on the sandy part of an ocean it assumes im in a desert)
-Golem fist's item animation is slightly broken, making the fist fly out of the hole without being connected to the "gun"
-Possesed hatchet might crash the game if in between targetting 2 different enemies (due to its homing ability)
-Enemies sometimes spawn in NPC houses or sealed background wall areas which is impossible in other version (with the exception to Pumpkin/Frost Moon.
-Crimson Underground Music isnt present despite being added already by this update and Title Screen Music is in the game files but doesnt play instead being replaced the overworld theme.
-PC autodig isnt applied to digging below and above (PC is 2 blocks while on Mobile is 3, Console just got this added)
-certain positions may bug out block textures when upside down via Gravitation potion.
-Chlorophyte growth is VERY slow (more of a limitation to phone specs since the devs slowed spread of blocks down to prevent crashing) [Slight solution 1-2 ore of chlorophyte can be crafted into a bar. Doesnt make logical sense but it will patch the waiting hours till you get around a couple of bars frustration.
-Ususally if you're low on mana killing an enemy near you will make a mana star (not crystal) pop of an enemy giving you 100 mana to prolong magic players. However if you join a game this will never happens as the game doesnt do a check if a joining player is low on mana.
-Catching things in hosted worlds with a bug net wont work, you will make the critter invisible on your screen but you get no yield from catching anything.
-Herplings (and possibly floatty grosses) still drop nazars
-Certain enemies wont spawn in proper locations [Tortoises and Man Eaters wont spawn in the Underground Jungle] [Chaos/Spectral Elementals wont spawn on hallowed stone] [Crimson Mummies wont spawn on crimsoned deserts thus making the blindfold unobtainable (key ingredient in Ankh Shield)]
-The sandy area of oceans in expanded worlds should be roughly 1.6x bigger [sacrifice a little bit of water area since oceans are quite deep in expanded worlds anyway]
-Deserts have palm trees naturally generated upon creation, which is only restricted to oceans on PC/Console, Deserts should only have cacti and (on rare occasions) waterleaf.
-Buff limit caps at around 10 buffs which is frustrating since PC has more than twice the max in its cap.
- Golem has overpowered stats (may bother some players) almost as much as expert mode from PC, I dont mind most of the time but I do have to overprepare :p
- (Kind of a Request) This is not a BIG deal to some people but using Wifi direct wont work with connecting via lan, where in other games [Minecraft] it will work and using a hotspot will only enable a 1 way connection to the host of the game and hotspot. but if a person connects to your hotspot they cant host their own world, basically to people that have no wifi/cant activate a hotspot have limited Multiplayer options.

Note:These are requests below with the [ ]
symbols they dont need to be added, just thought I could throw some ideas for the future
[maybe PC damage values could be assigned with a difficulty setting only changable in title screen or as a world creation option. (easy=current damage values. normal=PC dmg values. Hard???=Expert Mode???) Also maybe its not too much trouble maybe Codeglue could add an accessory visibility toggle for now and vanity slots could be added in the future]

Thanks for reading this long list of bugs. not sure if there are any duplicate reportings of the same bugs listed, but I dont have home internet to go through everything. But anyways Good luck to the devs out there, I did my part now I hope everything goes well with the coding. Seriously I feel it must be frustrating to fix most of these complex things but all we can do is wait, all in all great job so far guys we wouldnt have even be in 1.2.4 if it wasnt for all the effort. Thanks again! :3
(was gonna post in bugs forum but its closed off)

I bet its hard moving such a big update to mobile, like coding it properly, 1.3 is huge, with lots of new items, Crafting Recipes, and of course the new bosses, which have to work properly, and considering how hard it is for a devce to run Lunatic Cultist fight ----> Moon Lord ---> Martian Madness Event, it may take a while, and older devices may be unable to handle the processing required for it to run smoothly.

@505 Games Support Heres a helpful gatter of bugs I noted down while I was offline

-Certain enemies wont spawn in proper locations [Tortoises and Man Eaters wont spawn in the Underground Jungle] [Chaos/Spectral Elementals wont spawn on hallowed stone] [Crimson Mummies wont spawn on crimsoned deserts thus making the blindfold unobtainable (key ingredient in Ankh Shield)]

Also going with the part about the Crimsoned Deserts, i find that only slimes spawn on them. :/

Something too (Crimson related) is that i have been playing the Hardmode update and above (which came out about a year ago). Still, i havent been able to get a Crimson Key Mold. I am just extremely unlucky right?

Extra: i have only ever had 3 solar eclipses, and i have only gotten 2 broken hero swords.... :(

Also going with the part about the Crimsoned Deserts, i find that only slimes spawn on them. :/

Something too (Crimson related) is that i have been playing the Hardmode update and above (which came out about a year ago). Still, i havent been able to get a Crimson Key Mold. I am just extremely unlucky right?

Extra: i have only ever had 3 solar eclipses, and i have only gotten 2 broken hero swords.... :(
I know that the answer to a lot of recent questions is, its just RNG.

Idk about key molds, I removed all Hardmode Biome Chests, and havent gotten a Key Mold since, except for last night, I had a Hallowed/Snow Biome during rain, I was getting Rainbow Slimes everywhere, and at the end of the Rain Event, I got a Hallowed Key Mold, weird.

Also, Ive been through 3-4 Eclipses, and I had about 13 Broken Hero Swords, after going nuts on every monster I saw, (I have Water Candles at spawn, not sure if that affects their Spawn Rates, since they're from an Event) perhaps its just bad luck.

So.... I also farm in a couple different Dungeons pretty often, and I have never gotten a Wisp in a Bottle, One dungeon has Rusty/Blue, the other has all 3 (Rusty/Blue/Hell) all 3 have a chance to drop it, ive gone through tons of these noobs.

I know that the answer to a lot of recent questions is, its just RNG.

Idk about key molds, I removed all Hardmode Biome Chests, and havent gotten a Key Mold since, except for last night, I had a Hallowed/Snow Biome during rain, I was getting Rainbow Slimes everywhere, and at the end of the Rain Event, I got a Hallowed Key Mold, weird.

Also, Ive been through 3-4 Eclipses, and I had about 13 Broken Hero Swords, after going nuts on every monster I saw, (I have Water Candles at spawn, not sure if that affects their Spawn Rates, since they're from an Event) perhaps its just bad luck.

So.... I also farm in a couple different Dungeons pretty often, and I have never gotten a Wisp in a Bottle, One dungeon has Rusty/Blue, the other has all 3 (Rusty/Blue/Hell) all 3 have a chance to drop it, ive gone through tons of these noobs.

You mean on mobile right? Cause i have only ever gotten 3 Wisps in a bottle. Also i use water candles for the solar eclipse.

If on mobile, do you know a good Terraria multiplayer app for ios?(i probably should be asking here since it wouldnt be an official Terraria app). I wouldnt mind trading you my last one for some broken hero swords (3 hopefully).

Back to the RNG, are we 100% sure that the blood moon clowns (forgot their name) can drop bananarangs on mobile? I havent gotten any of those either.

You mean on mobile right? Cause i have only ever gotten 3 Wisps in a bottle. Also i use water candles for the solar eclipse.

If on mobile, do you know a good Terraria multiplayer app for ios?(i probably should be asking here since it wouldnt be an official Terraria app). I wouldnt mind trading you my last one for some broken hero swords (3 hopefully).

Back to the RNG, are we 100% sure that the blood moon clowns (forgot their name) can drop bananarangs on mobile? I havent gotten any of those either.

Yes, Mobile.

No I dont, and I probably wont use one.

Yeah, I have 3 Bananarangs, I kinda wanted the other 2 lol, but Blood Moons dont happen on my main, (Its old) and I cant get Clowns to spawn on other worlds.

EDIT: It seems to have a 3.33% Chance to drop Bananarangs, and you want to be in the Jungle, woth Water Candles/Battle Potions to get them to spawn, during a Blood Moon.

-Herplings (and possibly floatty grosses) still drop nazars
This.
Been trying to farm vitamins for a few days now, and wondering why I have found a handful of meat grinders and floaty gross banners, and about twenty nazars.
Been searching various terraria forums for the answer, or anyone else who has noticed this bug.
Also, anyone know if it is possible to get vitamins in pre-expert mode at the moment then? Or will I need another world with corruption to farm from corruptors?

Expert Mode is not in the mobile version, nor is there any way to convert a non-Expert world into one.
I wasn't aware of this. Similarly I found out you couldn't make the infinite quiver on mobile recently after spending five minutes holding down a button to buy 4000 arrows.
Shame.

This.
Been trying to farm vitamins for a few days now, and wondering why I have found a handful of meat grinders and floaty gross banners, and about twenty nazars.
Been searching various terraria forums for the answer, or anyone else who has noticed this bug.
Also, anyone know if it is possible to get vitamins in pre-expert mode at the moment then? Or will I need another world with corruption to farm from corruptors?

You will have to farm in a corruption world. I would recommend a corrupted desert. I got a lot of blindfolds and vitamins off a corrupted desert (from mummies and corrupters). Also, they are not available pre-hardmode (i think you meant to say that). Mobile is still missing a lot from comp version because comp is 1.3, but mobile is not. So you should check the wiki for any items/events/functions/features you may have questions about:
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Terraria_Wiki

True, bad RNG, me too, I dont have the Meat Grinders.

Sword, he meant Pre-Hardmode I think.

Meat grinders are gotten best from herplings. I have gotten up to 3 within 30 mins of farming.

EDIT:
"MultiTerraria."
Are you sure its for ios? I searched and didnt find it.

I dont know if this is a "bug" but its damn annoying and its messing me up, so, Im on an iPad Mini, you make a line down the middle (vertically) and when you play the game, both the Movement Control (Left) and the Action Control (right) go right up to that line, so If I want to tap on a chest in the lower left of my screen, my Movement controller will get in my way. Since I use my thumbs to control the controllers, if I happen to move away from the very bottom-left of my screen, (Too high or too far right) I will be unable to properly control my character, I will end up being unable to make my character go right, because my thumbs arent that damn long, or I wont be able to make my character fly with wings, for the same reason, there should be an Option to move the control sticks, and lock them there.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Images of proof/examples
image.png
image.png

image.png

image.png

The Control Sticks are not against the Bottom/Side Borders of the Screen.

Yes, those are Slime Clouds, thats how the Slime Rain Event happened. (This Mobile World, and those Slime Clouds have been there before 1.3 was released.) :D

Panic Necklaces dont seem to drop from Crimson Hearts.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I dont know if this is a "bug" but its damn annoying and its messing me up, so, Im on an iPad Mini, you make a line down the middle (vertically) and when you play the game, both the Movement Control (Left) and the Action Control (right) go right up to that line, so If I want to tap on a chest in the lower left of my screen, my Movement controller will get in my way. Since I use my thumbs to control the controllers, if I happen to move away from the very bottom-left of my screen, (Too high or too far right) I will be unable to properly control my character, I will end up being unable to make my character go right, because my thumbs arent that damn long, or I wont be able to make my character fly with wings, for the same reason, there should be an Option to move the control sticks, and lock them there.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Images of proof/examples
View attachment 104463View attachment 104464
View attachment 104464
View attachment 104466
The Control Sticks are not against the Bottom/Side Borders of the Screen.

Yes, those are Slime Clouds, thats how the Slime Rain Event happened. (This Mobile World, and those Slime Clouds have been there before 1.3 was released.) :D

Panic Necklaces dont seem to drop from Crimson Hearts.

I am not too sure what you mean, but i know that the controls have invisible boxes that when it recieves a tap within those boxes, it is desingated to the control belonging to that area. I know on iphone, if you were to split the screen evenly into 9 rectangles, the bottom corner boxes are about the size of what is designated for the controls (tapping within them brings up the controls rather than interacting with the object you tap on). I hope this helps. If not, please try to clarify a bit better. :/

EDIT:
What i have noticed, is when you are using both controls (the action one specifically for mining), sometimes if you let go of only the movement control, it "gets stuck" and continues to move your character in a certain direction as if you were moving him. Weird right? Have you experienced this, or is that what you mean?

I am not too sure what you mean, but i know that the controls have invisible boxes that when it recieves a tap within those boxes, it is desingated to the control belonging to that area. I know on iphone, if you were to split the screen evenly into 9 rectangles, the bottom corner boxes are about the size of what is designated for the controls (tapping within them brings up the controls rather than interacting with the object you tap on). I hope this helps. If not, please try to clarify a bit better. :/

EDIT:
What i have noticed, is when you are using both controls (the action one specifically for mining), sometimes if you let go of only the movement control, it "gets stuck" and continues to move your character in a certain direction as if you were moving him. Weird right? Have you experienced this, or is that what you mean?

Havent experienced that, and not what I meant, basically the area designed for the controls is too big, I want to lock the controls right at the corners, instead, the controls can get too close to the middle where I cant reach them, and also blocks me from using chests without getting closer.

Back
Top Bottom