Mobile Will Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

Masterfull_

Wall of Flesh
<Forum staff edit>
As of June 2023 Texture Packs & Modding are not currently possible on Mobile. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.

<original message>
Recently, I only see terraria pc has texture pack and mod. Why mobile doesnt have mod like adding new bosses and item. It will be more awesome because minecraft also used mod to make the game not borring. I hope there will allow people to make texture pack and mod one day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am going to take a stab at this...and I may be stating the obvious--but the reason there is no texture pack mods is because those are essentially cheats. And the mods for PC were developed by other players and the community, not by 505. And in order to get these things on your phone (from my limited understanding) you have to root your device.

Last edited:
Sadly, texture packs and mods wouldn't be applicable to Terraria mobile edition. That being said, Jailbreak or Root is generally required to mess around with coding, and can be treacherous if used incorrectly.

It is recommended that you stay away from implementing texture packs and modding, as 505 would strongly disagree with your chosen thought of path.

Honestly im neutral. Im not much for mods or anything i play games for how they are, but if additions or changes you can choose to do to your own personal experience that dont hinder other people or change things for them and its just for you then im all for it.

It is insanely hard to build a modding platform for mobile games. It's not that 505 and pipeworks couldn't add mod support, but android and ios can be very strict when it comes to modifying files and apps, especially ios.

Terraria mobile is a diluted version of the PC version, we haven't even got medium worlds. Unfortunately mobile terraria currently on 1.2.4 is not made to run mods or texture packs. Are game feels about 70% complete. If you want texture packs, do it yourself with a file explorer......
[doublepost=1492870776,1492870447][/doublepost]
It is insanely hard to build a modding platform for mobile games. It's not that 505 and pipeworks couldn't add mod support, but android and ios can be very strict when it comes to modifying files and apps, especially ios.
I'm sorry, but did you just say android is strict on hacking? Android is the easiest thing to modify. Even without root access you can modify using android. IOS of course is a prison where your trapped in a box.
Mod support wouldn't be hard for android users...

Terraria mobile is a diluted version of the PC version, we haven't even got medium worlds. Unfortunately mobile terraria currently on 1.2.4 is not made to run mods or texture packs. Are game feels about 70% complete. If you want texture packs, do it yourself with a file explorer......
[doublepost=1492870776,1492870447][/doublepost]
I'm sorry, but did you just say android is strict on hacking? Android is the easiest thing to modify. Even without root access you can modify using android. IOS of course is a prison where your trapped in a box.
Modding and texture packs for mobile is not something that is currently supported. You are free to discuss whether you'd like it or not, but discussing ways to do it is not permitted on these forums, as we comply with 505 Games' policy.

The policy of 505 Games can be read in more detail here: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

Nah I didn't mean android isnt hackable, but without rooting most games are hard to modify

Modding terraria for mobile is possible, I know this because it's my job to make and bug test games I have tested the files of terraria many times and changed a fair bit of textures using <removed by staff>. So I have in fact modded the game successfully.

Now to install the mods/textures into the game is simple just <removed by staff>.

I am working on releasing my texture pack once I finish work on it for the ones that like the idea of mods and textures.

Texture packs aren't really cheating per say it's not messing with the progression of the game just the look, mods on the other hand are very bad and make the devs really angry because they mess with almost every aspect of the games original intent. I suppose it would be fine to use mods if one has already beaten the game and wants more oompf in it (that's why Im modding)

Anyway hope this was helpful and have a great day terraria community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Modding terraria for mobile is possible, I know this because it's my job to make and bug test games I have tested the files of terraria many times and changed a fair bit of textures using <removed by staff>. So I have in fact modded the game successfully.

Now to install the mods/textures into the game is simple just <removed by staff>.

I am working on releasing my texture pack once I finish work on it for the ones that like the idea of mods and textures.

Texture packs aren't really cheating per say it's not messing with the progression of the game just the look, mods on the other hand are very bad and make the devs really angry because they mess with almost every aspect of the games original intent. I suppose it would be fine to use mods if one has already beaten the game and wants more oompf in it (that's why Im modding)

Anyway hope this was helpful and have a great day terraria community.
Hi there @ItsRealCrazy, I realize that you were just trying to help, however, giving methods of how to modify the game for the mobile version is not permitted on these forums. I needed to edit your post to remove that info.

Modding and texture packs for mobile is not something that is currently supported. You are free to discuss whether you'd like it or not, but discussing ways to do it is not permitted on these forums, as we comply with 505 Games' policy.

The policy of 505 Games can be read in more detail here: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

This should be a thing literaly I want tmodloader to access mobile support :)
That will be hard to do. There are a lot more restrictions for console and mobile in terms of mods. Right now there is no mod support for any platform, including PC, and mods are not allowed at the moment for console or mobile. It will be unlikely to change in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom