Mobile Terraria Mobile Update - Introducing DR Studios

505Games

Publisher/Developer
Staff member
505 Games
Good day, Terrarians!

In the last monthly update, we said that seeing is believing – the 1.3 mobile version is alive and well - and here at long last for you to see (at least in an in-development state)! As you know, our commitment to you is to ensure that we get both the Switch and 1.3 mobile versions out to you as soon as we can while not making trade-offs that would impact the quality of either. We had mentioned previously that having focused and dedicated teams for each was the best way to make that happen.

Following that line of thinking, and so that our friends at Pipeworks can focus on the very exciting Switch version, giving it maximum resource/focus, we’ve asked the equally awesome internal (to 505 Games) team at DR Studios to take the reins of 1.3 mobile and focus on bringing that to life. This has been in the works for a little while, however we needed to finalize plans before formally unveiling this news. It was also equally important to give DR Studios the time necessary to ramp up development efforts.

DR Studios is a very experienced team and one that has a strong focus and expertise in mobile games, and we are very confident that they will do an amazing job! You can already see the fruits of their efforts in the quick teaser above, and we will be providing regular updates on their progress moving forward.

This gives us two great teams, each with a sole focus on getting two fantastic versions of Terraria for you all as quickly as possible. So, please join us in welcoming DR Studios to the Terraria family! We will be continuing our monthly status updates on all things Terraria, and you can expect the next one to arrive next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just gonna say... the build is early, in-development, etc.... but the feel of it is pretty good indeed, just speaking personally. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing what more DR Studios has in store for all of us in the weeks and months ahead!

Feels bad to see mobile shuffled around like a hot potato, but this is promising news! Looking forward to hearing more.

Welcome, DR Studios, to the land of Terraria!

and as a Mobile player all I can sadly say is a very long and loud scream of joy because I sadly cannot put any other words from my mouth on how happy I am. without further ado: *ehem*

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Welcome to the Terraria family, DR Studios!
This is wonderful news! As far as I could tell from the video, the UI is looking really great with a jump button on the right, as well as a reticle button (probably used to switch between smart cursor/cross-air modes), a zooming feature (at what looks like 80% or 50%?), the action button (swing/shoot), and a button with a.. block(?) on it. Meanwhile, on the left, we've got a quick heal button, a button apparently used to open doors/chests(?), and of course, the movement, as well as all 10 available hotbar slots! There's also the inventory bag in the bottom left. It seems like it's running well, too.
The wait looks to be very worthwhile! Keep up the great work! :happy:
I'm excited to see what comes next week!

Seems a bit bizarre to see the game switch hands yet again, but so long as the end product turns out well I don't really care who makes it. Here's hoping DR Studios keeps up the high standard of quality set by the PC version!

Back
Top Bottom