Mobile Terraria Mobile Update - Introducing DR Studios

Switch delayed to 2019 - Port with a dedicated extra team
1.3.6 delayed to 2019 - Takes longer than 1.3 an update with enormous amounts of new contents, mostly quality of life improvements
Mobile delayed to 2019 from the original plan of 2015 - How can you :red: up an update this much
Otherworld cancelled - The only thing we had to be excited for that wasn't a small update

I'm losing the little hope I had for this game and the future of Re-Logic.

Switch delayed to 2019 - Port with a dedicated extra team
1.3.6 delayed to 2019 - Takes longer than 1.3 an update with enormous amounts of new contents, mostly quality of life improvements
Mobile delayed to 2019 from the original plan of 2015 - How can you up an update this much
Otherworld cancelled - The only thing we had to be excited for that wasn't a small update

I'm losing the little hope I had for this game and the future of Re-Logic.
The delays are annoying but the otherworld was probably the reason all updates are delayed. They havent updated mobile since otherworld was announced excluding a couple bug fixes.

No, but the reasons were complicated. Originally the mobile version was developed by Code Glue using their own custom engine. They spent a very long time trying to get that in a working state. After about 2 years of Code Glue trying, 505 dropped them in favor of Pipeworks. However Pipeworks job was to first get a working console launch and use that as the base for a working mobile re-launch. Unfortunately that has been a bigger project than originally envisioned. Thus, now we have DR Studios splitting off the mobile workload so that Pipeworks can devote more resources to the consoles.
i know code glue tried for the first half but they still were busy on otherworld too slowing other development. thats just what i think.

I hope that in 1.3 solves the problem with the save in the cloud in which the characters and the world are erased or disappears alone or even closing alone after that I can not open the game anymore.

Whatever you do, don’t remove the sharanga.
But tbh what do you actually get out of Ocram? Like I get if you want the dragon armour but when if Ocram gets removed they've already said it will just be cosmetic (vanity) and I heard something about a soul of blight? What does that do? But apart from that it doesn't really affect gameplay or progress so he's already an optional boss

But tbh what do you actually get out of Ocram? Like I get if you want the dragon armour but when if Ocram gets removed they've already said it will just be cosmetic (vanity) and I heard something about a soul of blight? What does that do? But apart from that it doesn't really affect gameplay or progress so he's already an optional boss
Umm, you do know the sharanga have almost nothing to do with ocram, don’t you?

Last edited:
Yea I was Just replying to his earlier message it wasn't anything to do with the message
[doublepost=1545588175,1545588152][/doublepost]
But what do you get out of Ocram?

They are currently supported, sure. Problem is 1.3 is a very big update that bumped up the specs needed to play it on PC by a LOT. So there is a pretty good chance that the 1.3 update will no longer support older devices in the future. The devs haven't announced any specifics yet, but if you haven't upgraded your mobile in a few years it might be a good idea.
I meant 5 year old devices are supposed to support 1.3. about 6-7 year old can currently support with some lag.

My assumption is based of off the 1.3 requirements 1gb of ram. This may change as they add the rest of 1.3 is added since i agree it is big.

You should check those requirements again. 1.3 on pc needs 2.5 GB of ram minimum and a 2 Ghz processor. 1 GB was the old requirements under 1.2.4 that mobile is currently running, mostly. I fully expect the requirements on mobile to jump up quite a bit with the new update.
0.512 ram is supported for 1.2.4. 1.3 on pc is completely different hardware and coding. From what i know mobile should support 1gb of ram. I expect this to change as they succeed to finish the full game. Can we stop already?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom