Linux Terraria Modding: Windows 10 or Linux?

SageRaziel

Terrarian
Hello all!

I have a Windows 10 gaming machine, and I love playing modded MineCraft and Terraria. When playing a heavily (and I mean heavily) modded 64-bit MineCraft, I simply allot the program more RAM and everything runs pretty smoothly. However, Terraria for Windows 10 is only available in the 32-bit flavor, and I'm getting highly annoyed with all the 'out of memory' errors. I have a 2.5TB internal hard drive, and I have never used more than 500GB on the drive. I was considering creating a partition and installing Linux on it, so I could play modded Terraria 64-bit. Before I embark down this trail, I'd like to hear from some Linux users or highly knowledgeable folks about my expectations. Essentially, I am expecting that I can allot more RAM to Terraria 64-bit or that Terraria 64-bit for Linux can actually access more RAM on its own. I am also expecting that most mods, at least the really popular ones, are compatible with the Linux version of tModLoader and Terraria. Finally, because Terraria 64-bit will have access to more memory, I am expecting that I can use more mods than I could on Terraria 32-bit on Windows 10. I have tried finding specific details as to my expectations for Linux Terraria, but I cannot find anything directly addressing my concerns. I'm hoping someone on here can provide a little clarification. Essentially, I am wanting to give Terraria about 6-8GB of my 16GB of RAM. This should (hopefully) accommodate running a modded server with multiple mods, players, and using a custom extra large world generated with TerraCustom and the LargeWorldEnabler Mod. Any contribution to this discussion is appreciated; thanks for reading my post, and thanks in advance to anyone providing some information.

~Sage Raziel

Back
Top Bottom