Terraria Music Enabled For Video?

Manvir22g

Terrarian
Umm... I Wanna Start Recording Terraria But I wanna know if I can use the music there! Don't Say Oh Just Use It Or Just Don't Say Its Yours! Its Copyrighted! I read youtube's copyright and read that it is not allowed even if u say link the creator or ect. Can I Use the music? I don't Wanna Get In trouble or go in court. Im not that good with copyright. Many People Have It But IDC if they have it i dont want copyright in my video! I saw tobuscus use music and Hero use music but hero put the volume down and i really cant contact the owner of the music and ask if i can use the music! So ya...

I wanna know if I can use the music
I and many other Terraria YouTubers have used the Terraria soundtrack extensively. I've heard that the team are explicitly ok with it, but not directly. I credit the specific musical artist and link the official soundtrack purchase page in each video, still.

I and many other Terraria YouTubers have used the Terraria soundtrack extensively. I've heard that the team are explicitly ok with it, but not directly. I credit the specific musical artist and link the official soundtrack purchase page in each video, still.
I Just said -.- that isent allowed i checked youtube's copyright rule and ect!

Let me ask you this; if Relogic or Scott Lloyd Shelley (the composer of all of the music in the game) aren't the ones "taking you to court", then who would?

Relogic has never taken legal action that I'm aware of towards a genuine Terraria Youtuber/streamer for copyright infringement of their music. And while Youtube's ToS may indicate these rules, consider also the massive quantity of Terraria videos showing in-game music in them; Relogic employees regularly watch such videos for a variety of reasons, and are well aware of it.

The sort of thing where you might run into trouble is if you were to, for instance, take the Terraria music and use it for other purposes, like playing it over completely non-Terraria videos, using it in other products or media (like a video game), claiming it is your own, or trying to make a profit from it. In terms of showing the game Terraria being played, the music is just another part of that, and there are thousands if not tens of thousands of videos already doing this.

If you like, I can see about getting some official word from above on the matter. But I'd ask you consider this; if thousands of other videos are doing the same with no issue, and Relogic itself is alright with this, what is Youtube going to do to you? They don't have any legal case against you (its not their property to seek legal action on), and this would contradict half a decade worth of precedent in allowing these sorts of videos. Ultimately, its up to you whether you are too concerned with Youtube's rules to use the music, but this is a very established (and even encouraged) practice that is all very above board.

What Leinfors said is essentially the case.

Give Credit to Re-Logic and the artist, make it clear your videos are not officially sponsored etc by Re-Logic, toss in a link back to Terraria.org and/or our Steam Page to be nice...and that is generally all we ask. :)

Give Credit to Re-Logic and the artist, make it clear your videos are not officially sponsored etc by Re-Logic, toss in a link back to Terraria.org and/or our Steam Page to be nice...and that is generally all we ask. :)
OMG LOki i didnt expect a owner of terraria ( at least i think ur a owner) to respond to a forum like this :O

But if i want to use the music in a game that is free, and i put credits in the end, is it okay that way? Just asking.

Would say that use is likely not going to work. Sorry

so If I record a terraria video and have the background sound from the game itself and have the music artist credited is that ok

Let me ask you this; if Relogic or Scott Lloyd Shelley (the composer of all of the music in the game) aren't the ones "taking you to court", then who would?

Relogic has never taken legal action that I'm aware of towards a genuine Terraria Youtuber/streamer for copyright infringement of their music. And while Youtube's ToS may indicate these rules, consider also the massive quantity of Terraria videos showing in-game music in them; Relogic employees regularly watch such videos for a variety of reasons, and are well aware of it.

The sort of thing where you might run into trouble is if you were to, for instance, take the Terraria music and use it for other purposes, like playing it over completely non-Terraria videos, using it in other products or media (like a video game), claiming it is your own, or trying to make a profit from it. In terms of showing the game Terraria being played, the music is just another part of that, and there are thousands if not tens of thousands of videos already doing this.

If you like, I can see about getting some official word from above on the matter. But I'd ask you consider this; if thousands of other videos are doing the same with no issue, and Relogic itself is alright with this, what is Youtube going to do to you? They don't have any legal case against you (its not their property to seek legal action on), and this would contradict half a decade worth of precedent in allowing these sorts of videos. Ultimately, its up to you whether you are too concerned with Youtube's rules to use the music, but this is a very established (and even encouraged) practice that is all very above board.
So does that mean that i can use the music only if i make terraria content?(Sorry if for asking this lightheaded question) Of course i know i must give the credit to the owner

Some things I'd like to know is, if I'm streaming, can I use the terraria soundtrack as long as I give credit?, I mostly want to use this outside of terraria so the other question is, can I use terraria music outside of terraria content as long as I give credit?

I have a question, if I use the soundtrack in a video that is not specifically a gameplay, can I use it?o_O

Back
Top Bottom