Switch Terraria Nintendo Switch bugs

On a scale from 1 to 5 how often do you experience crashes or freezes? (5 is a ton, 1 is none.)

• Total voters

SilverArrow2005

Steampunker
I recently got Terraria on my Nintendo switch and began to notice that it crashed and froze quite a bit. I was fine with it for a while but just a few days ago it crashed during the EoW fight and when I tried to rejoin my world it said something along the lines of it not being able to find the world backup. I decided to do some experimenting to see what causes the game to crash. I play in large worlds so some of this might be different for you. If you go to the far right side of the world it will crash, if you use too many piercing weapons at once it will crash, if you have too many enemies on the screen then use projectiles it will crash. A telltale sign that the game is going to crash if you keep doing what your doing is to look at how your projectiles and particles render. If they look normal keep it up, but if they start flickering stop whatever your doing and hope it doesn't crash.

If anyone has found anything else related to Nintendo switch bugs please post them below.

I recently got Terraria on my Nintendo switch and began to notice that it crashed and froze quite a bit. I was fine with it for a while but just a few days ago it crashed during the EoW fight and when I tried to rejoin my world it said something along the lines of it not being able to find the world backup. I decided to do some experimenting to see what causes the game to crash. I play in large worlds so some of this might be different for you. If you go to the far right side of the world it will crash, if you use too many piercing weapons at once it will crash, if you have too many enemies on the screen then use projectiles it will crash. A telltale sign that the game is going to crash if you keep doing what your doing is to look at how your projectiles and particles render. If they look normal keep it up, but if they start flickering stop whatever your doing and hope it doesn't crash.

If anyone has found anything else related to Nintendo switch bugs please post them below.
Hi there @SilverArrow2005, thanks for sharing these observations that you’ve made. :)

If you take a look around the other threads in the bug section you’ll see that others are indeed reporting much of the same thing.

For the crashing at the ocean - there is a known issue with the ocean on the right side of large worlds. If you zoom all the way out, you won’t crash. That’s a good workaround for now.

For the particle overload issue, it’s something that Pipeworks, the team porting the game to console, has mentioned that they are working on. In the Terraria State of the Game - March 2020 they mentioned “Work over the past few weeks has been focused on performance and stability, especially in high-particle situations” so it’s something on the radar and being worked on that will hopefully be in better working order when the next update releases.

You can see the latest development news here: Terraria State of the Game - April 2020. And you can watch this section for new threads: Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio

I encourage you to send in all your info to Pipeworks at their preferred bug report form here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form Be as detailed as possible. :)

Also, it is very helpful if you send in the crash report while you're in the game after a crash happens. So always do that as it contains a lot of good info for the devs and it goes straight to them.

Back
Top Bottom