Terraria: No Greater Labor of Love Nominee - Get Your Votes in Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
Terraria Labor of Love Header.png

You did it everyone! Terraria is officially a Nominee for the 2020 Labor of Love Steam Award! On behalf of the entire Re-Logic development team, a sincere thank you to each and every Terrarian out there for your support.

Now we need your help to finish making this a reality by getting your votes in now for Terraria to win the 2020 Labor of Love Award!

2020 has brought a lot of insanity to all of us - but also one constant, and that is Terraria being in our gaming lives and releasing more amazing content.

10 years, from 250 items to over 5000. Never a microtransaction. Never a paid DLC. If any game defines the "Labor of Love", it is Terraria. This is it, friends, let's make it happen - Terraria = your Labor of Love winner for the 2020 Steam Awards.

Netting a win here would honestly mean a lot for the Re-Logic team and would be the perfect way to cap off what truly and fully has been our Labor of Love for nearly 10 years now. Terraria is not just a game to us, it is family.
So, once again, we earnestly ask for your support, your votes, and for your help in getting the word out to everyone you can think of to head on over and vote for Terraria!

To vote for Terraria, click the banner at the top of this thread - or the Vote Now Banner below - find the Labor of Love category and get your vote in now for Terraria, a true Labor of Love!

divideVote.png

Oh - and Terraria is once again 50% off for the duration of the Steam Winter Sale!

Pick up your copy - or one for a friend or two - at our Steam Store Page, linked below:

Last edited:
This was a tough decision. I'm also very impressed with No Man's Sky, which has also had a long series of free updates.

In the end I decided to go with Terraria 'cos I have played it longer.

Ooof.

Terraria has some hard competition this year.

Among Us was a game that was an inch away from being abandoned and then resurrected due to sheer popularity of the fanbase. No Man's Sky for anybody who knows the actual history behind that game, has been in active development.

But... I voted for Terraria, because it, too, has been given so much love over the years. I'm just saying that it's going to face stiff competition. Likely I'd guess that Among Us is probably going to win given its sheer popularity. I am shocked it wasn't nominated for 'Better with Friends'.

Terraria deserves it this year, more than any other! 1.4 was such a great way to end off Terraria, let's do this!

D :red: IT! IT WANTS ME TO SPEND 5 DOLLARS!
I just want you to know that I would vote if I could. Terraria is the freakin best.

I will do what I must! Terraria has to win this award this time. Especially since it had its final update earlier this year.

Ooof.

Terraria has some hard competition this year.

Among Us was a game that was an inch away from being abandoned and then resurrected due to sheer popularity of the fanbase. No Man's Sky for anybody who knows the actual history behind that game, has been in active development.

But... I voted for Terraria, because it, too, has been given so much love over the years. I'm just saying that it's going to face stiff competition. Likely I'd guess that Among Us is probably going to win given its sheer popularity. I am shocked it wasn't nominated for 'Better with Friends'.

that's the thing though, among us was about to be abandoned... that hardly sounds like love.

it only got revived cause of popular youtubers not having anything better to do.

no man's sky though, is definitely up there with terraria... hello games had a rough start with it, got in over their heads, and suffered the most brutal, hate-filled, toxic beatdown in internet history.

despite that, they picked themselves up and worked hard bringing several huge, free expansions to the game, like re-logic does, and completely redeemed themselves.

so honestly, i'd say only NMS offers any real competition.

i sadly can't vote cause i don't use steam.

i just hope minecraft isn't involved in this... just saying... minecraft is the farthest thing from a labor of love, being sold to a greedy company who milks it for all its worth, and all that.

anyway, hopefully terraria wins, i'll atleast pass the word along and see if i can get others to vote for it.

Last edited:
Oh, man. I really wish I can help. But I can't vote because I have never buy any game on Steam. Anyhow, I wish the game great luck on it! May it win!

that's the thing though, among us was about to be abandoned... that hardly sounds like love.

it only got revived cause of popular youtubers not having anything better to do.

no man's sky though, is definitely up there with terraria... hello games had a rough start with it, got in over their heads, and suffered the most brutal, hate-filled, toxic beatdown in internet history.

despite that, they picked themselves up and worked hard bringing several huge, free expansions to the game, like re-logic does, and completely redeemed themselves.

so honestly, i'd say only NMS offers any real competition.

i sadly can't vote cause i don't use steam.

i just hope minecraft isn't involved in this... just saying... minecraft is the farthest thing from a labor of love, being sold to a greedy company who milks it for all its worth, and all that.

anyway, hopefully terraria wins, i'll atleast pass the word along and see if i can get others to vote for it.

Minecraft is not on Steam and thus is not eligible for this contest, so no worries there.

And eh, they (Among Us devs) were about to abandon the game because nobody cared about it. Then, when it got popular, they were like "oh... okay, we can still make stuff for it if you guys want" so they picked it back up.

NMS had a die-hard dedicated core fanbase that stuck with HG through thick and thin, and it's quite possible without them, HG might have went under or decided to give up on the game afterall. Then as they started to fix the problems one by one, more people came back to the game and now it's doing fairly well today.

I would definitely vote if I had a Steam account, sadly, I don’t. But, I sincerely hope that you people win this, as you deserve it.

10 years, from 250 items to over 5000. Never a microtransaction. Never a paid DLC
Why tho? Nobody dares to blame you if you increase the cost by one and a half times, or even twice, since you added so many stuff (which mostly a garbage that takes up space in chests and in the RAM, but that's not the point), even in 1.2 era?

Why tho? Nobody dares to blame you if you increase the cost by one and a half times, or even twice, since you added so many stuff (which mostly a garbage that takes up space in chests and in the RAM, but that's not the point), even in 1.2 era?

......garbage?

Really?

......garbage?

Really?
After every major update they decreases quality of early stages of the game, where equipment used to be unique and have a real value. Perfect example is Meteor armor, it bars requirement reduced by 45 for 3 major updates, or Molten armor that used to be a Golden armor upgrade, or Hallowed equipment before Hallowed bars

Okay, so.... if I understand you properly, you think Meteor Armor is worse now, because it's far less tedious to obtain? Not sure I understand that logic.

And somehow, being able to make Molten Armor without having to first make Golden Armor somehow makes it worse?

Not sure what you mean by 'Hallowed Equipment before Hallowed Bars' because last I checked, you need Hallowed Bars to make Hallowed Equipment and that hasn't changed, that I know of?

Furthermore, I don't get where you say they "decreased the quality of early stages of the game" when they are adding more variety of items to use, and making certain items (such as the shortswords) more viable and actually reasonable to use, and buffing some underpowered equipment.

Some of these sound like MLG-style complaints, but I would have to ask.... you do realize that one of the most common criticisms of Terraria is early game feeling too slow and sluggish? There's a reason Re-Logic made things easier to get early-game, and that's because people don't feel like mining for hours to get a suit of armor they will replace after they kill 2 bosses.

Not sure what you mean by 'Hallowed Equipment before Hallowed Bars' because last I checked, you need Hallowed Bars to make Hallowed Equipment and that hasn't changed, that I know of?
Back in 1.1 hallowed equipment required Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite countetparts along with the boss souls to craft.

Back in 1.1 hallowed equipment required Cobalt, Mythril, and Adamantite countetparts along with the boss souls to craft.

Oh. I see. Well, Hallowed Bars can only be gotten by killing said bosses to begin with, so again, just removing needless tedium of having to craft the other armor sets first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom