Terraria: No Greater Labor of Love Nominee - Get Your Votes in Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. I see. Well, Hallowed Bars can only be gotten by killing said bosses to begin with, so again, just removing needless tedium of having to craft the other armor sets first.
Yeah I agree that hallowed bars have made getting hallowed equipment much more convenient, before you had to kill all 3 bosses to get the full set of armour, which to be honest with how powerful Hallowed armour is now I wouldn't mind if it was locked behind all 3 again.

Anyway that's not the point. 5000 is just a nominal number and you know it. The point is that overall quality of the game is greatly increased since 1.2, and I think Re-logics has no reasons to not increase the price of the game. I'm talking about price because I have no idea how DLCs or microtransactions, which some might think are bad thing, could it fit in this type of game. It's good if you working for an idea, but you don't need to place the idea above the money, and other way around too

PS: If the price of Terraria was increased to 20-30 dollars, then perhaps the Terraria: Otherworld would be actually finished

Last edited:
Minecraft is not on Steam and thus is not eligible for this contest, so no worries there.

And eh, they (Among Us devs) were about to abandon the game because nobody cared about it. Then, when it got popular, they were like "oh... okay, we can still make stuff for it if you guys want" so they picked it back up.

NMS had a die-hard dedicated core fanbase that stuck with HG through thick and thin, and it's quite possible without them, HG might have went under or decided to give up on the game afterall. Then as they started to fix the problems one by one, more people came back to the game and now it's doing fairly well today.

i know about HG's fans, i was among them, i got that game on day one and stuck with it.

also, i think the same could be said for terraria, would re-logic have continued expanding it if the fans weren't just as passionate about the game?

honestly, i'm almost kinda glad i can't vote, i'd probably feel bad no matter which choice i made.

but i do admit, i love terraria more... not sure what it is about the game, i always find myself obsessing over it.

the wait for 1.4 is killing me...

this seems unfair, among us is literally the most popular game rn but terraria still has a chance, terraria has much replay-ability and its being been my favorite game even though i only had it for a month.

Why tho? Nobody dares to blame you if you increase the cost by one and a half times, or even twice, since you added so many stuff (which mostly a garbage that takes up space in chests and in the RAM, but that's not the point), even in 1.2 era?

Anyway that's not the point. 5000 is just a nominal number and you know it. The point is that overall quality of the game is greatly increased since 1.2, and I think Re-logics has no reasons to not increase the price of the game. I'm talking about price because I have not idea how DLCs or microtransactions, which some might think are bad thing, could it fit in this type of game. It's good if you working for an idea, but you don't need to place the idea above the money, and other way around too

PS: If the price of Terraria was increased to 20-30 dollars, then perhaps the Terraria: Otherworld would be actually finished

i have to wonder about people like you... you insult them and everything they've done, then tell them to start inflating the price and adding in microtransactions.

literally things that would disqualify this game being a labor of love, and something that only large, greedy companies do.

for example... i recall minecraft only being a few dollars on ps4... then after the update where they added... bees... the price shot up to around $20 or so.

that pretty much guaranteed that i would NEVER buy minecraft.

also, i suggest you do some learning before making assumptions... they stopped otherworld because it just wasn't going the way they wanted.

it turned out to be a waste of time and resources and they had better uses for such things.

not trying to be offensive, but you are demonstrating quite a bit of ignorance in your posts.

NO ONE likes microtransactions... they often kill the reputation of a game, because it's a sign of corporate greed and drains players of so much money by leeching off of them and it often goes hand-in-hand with making a game grindier and more frustrating to play to encourage people to blow more money on things.

at best, it makes all the cosmetic stuff in-game purchases which has stripped games of any goals to work toward and made them money sinks.

if you think microtransactions are a good thing, then you are suffering from an intense level of delusion.

Last edited:
im voting for terraria anyway, I wasn't much of a fan of among us (cuz im always crewm8) until trends were trends and blah blah blah (u know what happened next) but terraria was always there for me (honerable mention to undertale and fangames) even in 2020, so that settles it, im voting for terraria on steam

Oy vey, not one new thread can go by without someone causing an argument.

Whether you’re voting for Terraria or not, I think most of us can appreciate the hard work the team has put into Terraria. Terraria rightfully got nominated for Labor or Love in my honest opinion and I think this will be the game I vote for.

specifically reacting to me angrily while ignoring the guy who actually insulted re-logic and the game and wants microtransactions pushed on more games.

yeah, that makes sense. %-_-

also, i didn't cause an argument, i was educating someone on why otherworld was ended and microtransactions would NOT have helped in any way, shape, or form.

specifically reacting to me angrily while ignoring the guy who actually insulted re-logic and the game and wants microtransactions pushed on more games.

yeah, that makes sense. %-_-

also, i didn't cause an argument, i was educating someone on why otherworld was ended and microtransactions would NOT have helped in any way, shape, or form.
terraria has no microtransactions and is a very fun game, so im on your side here.

no doubt I’m voting terraria.
among us is a nice game and all that, it’s enjoyable, but I don’t think it should be in ‘labour of love’. Should have been in other awards because labour of love doesnt suit it well. da:go looks nice though, idk what to expect with nms, Witcher 3 too.
Terraia on the other hand is one of my favourite games that I put a lot of passion into, it definitely deserves this award has re logic and the other teams have been working so hard on this game so I will vote for terraria.

no doubt I’m voting terraria.
among us is a nice game and all that, it’s enjoyable, but I don’t think it should be in ‘labour of love’. Should have been in other awards because labour of love doesnt suit it well. da:go looks nice though, idk what to expect with nms, Witcher 3 too.
Terraia on the other hand is one of my favourite games that I put a lot of passion into, it definitely deserves this award has re logic and the other teams have been working so hard on this game so I will vote for terraria.

Yeah it really shoulda been with "Better with Friends" and that's what I wanted to vote it for, but I was like "wtf? It's not even nominated for that?" I was like.....wow. okay.

Public lobbies aren't very good, TBH. I'd be playing it a lot more if I had a group of friends playing it.

But anyhow. Let's just hope we can get enough people to vote Terraria to push it past.

among us does have me worried... it really doesn't belong in that category, honestly, but because of so many big youtubers playing nothing BUT among us...

also, i just don't get it, why do so many people play minecraft, but not terraria, when it's infinitely better in every way?

one boss, one weapon, one type of armor, just made of a few different materials... nothing interesting.

just saying, it boggles my mind.

among us is a nice game and all that, it’s enjoyable, but I don’t think it should be in ‘labour of love’.
Yeah it really shoulda been with "Better with Friends" and that's what I wanted to vote it for, but I was like "wtf? It's not even nominated for that?"

The way the Steam nominations work, "older" games like Terraria, Among Us (2018), NMS (2016) etc. can ONLY be nominated for "Labor of Love". All of the other awards are reserved for "new" games. Games like the Halo ones and Horizon Zero: Dawn get a one-time pass because they are new to Steam/PC.

for example... i recall minecraft only being a few dollars on ps4... then after the update where they added... bees... the price shot up to around $20 or so.
that pretty much guaranteed that i would NEVER buy minecraft.
You saying that like Minecraft hadn't been updated for a long time. Since 1.12, Minecraft has entered a new era, because modern major updates (1.14 with bees is not major) was never good as before, so it's fine. And not I'm not comparing M and T because first one is more sandbox-precised game since second one is about progression, I'm comparing design decisions. Mojang adding new content and features in their game with much more precise comparing to Re-logic, with less gimmicks, seasonal metas, power creeps or uselesss stuff that nobody asking for. I am not generalizing that, most of new stuff in Terraria was a good addition, but if you playing since 1.0 or 1.1 you will probably get my point

if you think microtransactions are a good thing, then you are suffering from an intense level of delusion.
Microtransactions are financially helping the big game to evolve, attract an audience and being active, but only if they doesn't prevent getting the gaming experience (the example of good, but not perfect microtransaction system is in Rainbow Six Siege, but this is another sort of game and I'll tell why), unless no one could buy them. That why the bad use of them by some big companies formed the stereotype that "ewww, i need to pay for a game that i already bought!". Terraria is not that kind of game, it doesn't need to keeping and maintain servers, or professional crew, because even Jane Doe can make a mod from branches and nuts that can overwhelm the original (Thorium and Calamity, for example). It's a conceptually simple but yet powerful 2D sandbox game. And therefore, like I said before, I have no idea how microtransactions or DLCs can fit in this kind of game, and metioning that "Never a microtransaction. Never a paid DLC." doesn't honoring Terraria and Re-logic. These words are just for show and you know it

You saying that like Minecraft hadn't been updated for a long time. Since 1.12, Minecraft has entered a new era, because modern major updates (1.14 with bees is not major) was never good as before, so it's fine. And not I'm not comparing M and T because first one is more sandbox-precised game since second one is about progression, I'm comparing design decisions. Mojang adding new content and features in their game with much more precise comparing to Re-logic, with less gimmicks, seasonal metas, power creeps or uselesss stuff that nobody asking for. I am not generalizing that, most of new stuff in Terraria was a good addition, but if you playing since 1.0 or 1.1 you will probably get my point

Microtransactions are financially helping the big game to evolve, attract an audience and being active, but only if they doesn't prevent getting the gaming experience (the example of good, but not perfect microtransaction system is in Rainbow Six Siege, but this is another sort of game and I'll tell why), unless no one could buy them. That why the bad use of them by some big companies formed the stereotype that "ewww, i need to pay for a game that i already bought!". Terraria is not that kind of game, it doesn't need to keeping and maintain servers, or professional crew, because even Jane Doe can make a mod from branches and nuts that can overwhelm the original (Thorium and Calamity, for example). It's a conceptually simple but yet powerful 2D sandbox game. And therefore, like I said before, I have no idea how microtransactions or DLCs can fit in this kind of game, and metioning that "Never a microtransaction. Never a paid DLC." doesn't honoring Terraria and Re-logic. These words are just for show and you know it
Nobody asking for? They just add stuff that they want to add and add a lot of stuff, so anyone can choose something from this big selection.
In Minecraft, there is not so much, because they can just ruin the game in my point by adding bosses and stuff. Minecraft is about building, not stuff.
Then Terraria always had the big choice (since 1.1 at least), and it is about stuff. I don't think it is bad to have so much stuff, it is cool in my opinion.

About bad stuff in Re-Logic, stop comparing such titan as Microsoft and Re-Logic, there's no sense. Of course, Re-Logic will be worse, but it's logical, because Re-Logic is a small company. The game is still cool and you could just not mind about stuff like that.

Also, these words state, that Re-Logic is working not for money, but for the community and themselves. And it is good, because you can see developers, talk with them, and they are real, they are gamers like you, and that's exciting. They could somehow put microtransactions or make updates not free easily. But they didn't. Even the game is really cheap and on such a big amount of hype, they didn't make the price bigger. And that's cool!

You can always have your opinion, but I don't agree with this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom