Terraria: No Greater Labor of Love Nominee - Get Your Votes in Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait... a game developed by VALVE that is riddled with microtransactions won the labor of love award on STEAM?

...wow.

could this whole thing have been more obviously rigged? %-_-

and what came in second? among us? a game that was literally abandoned and not shown any love until it became a meme, basically?

i want to express my thoughts on this... but i imagine they wouldn't be acceptable to actually say on the forums.

just know that the rage i feel is immeasurable.

Last edited:
If by ”rigged” you mean “people don’t understand what labor of love means” then yes. Not defending it, but at least CS:GO still continues to get updates (if that’s enough to qualify for labor of love)... the fact that Witcher 3 got nominated was already a red flag for the awards possibly being rigged for a lack of a better word.

I still hold on to my “congratulations to CSGO” stance but - I was even talking to a friend about it and we both agree - the amount of support Terraria got is insane. Almost no other game can compete with it. If Terraria was doomed for the start I would’ve much rather have No Man’s Sky win; another title worthy of the award.

If by ”rigged” you mean “people don’t understand what labor of love means” then yes. Not defending it, but at least CS:GO still continues to get updates (if that’s enough to qualify for labor of love)... the fact that Witcher 3 got nominated was already a red flag for the awards possibly being rigged for a lack of a better word.

I still hold on to my “congratulations to CSGO” stance but - I was even talking to a friend about it and we both agree - the amount of support Terraria got is insane. Almost no other game can compete with it. If Terraria was doomed for the start I would’ve much rather have No Man’s Sky win; another title worthy of the award.

no, simply getting updates doesn't make it a "labor of love", considering CSGO is a microtransaction-riddled sin against gaming.

it's only getting updates cause people keep needlessly pouring obscene amounts of money into it... so of course valve wants to continue milking it.

re-logic has NEVER used vile, disgusting tactics like microtransactions, and never charged us a single penny for ANY of the absolutely massive updates that they could've easily charged for and i doubt anyone would've complained, since they were basically expansion packs, which are much more acceptable additional charges in the gaming industry.

putting so much effort into the game, and not only that, but the PORTS... making sure the ports were as close to the original as possible and being so passionate about it to the point of switching developers until things were done right... i've never seen anyone go through so much trouble to make sure their game was as good as it could be on every platform it was on.

so many games out there that are multi-platform will be good on ONE platform, and barely functional on others.

there are people out there who genuinely think consoles are dying out [they've been saying this for multiple generations by now], and refuse to put games on them out of some ignorant prejudice... meanwhile, re-logic does whatever is needed to make ALL of their fans feel appreciated and worthwhile.

terraria deserved this award, and i will never congratulate something like CSGO for taking what it had no right to.

i do agree, though, that if terraria wasn't destined for the award, NMS should've been the next one in line for it.

Last edited:
no, simply getting updates doesn't make it a "labor of love", considering CSGO is a microtransaction-riddled sin against gaming.

Yes, I agree, but there was more to that sentence and that wasn’t the point of it, although I should’ve done a better job specifying it. It‘s the matter of the fact that CSGO gets updates that adds new content that’s not just micro transactions, the quality of said updates is up to debate of course, and Witcher 3 receives none. How did Witcher 3 get nominated? My only guess is that it’s a popularity contest. If this is true (I’m willing to bet money that it is) then no other game stood a shot given how big CSGO is on Steam.

In my opinion, the only two games worthy of the title was Terraria and NMS. CSGO could win a “better with friends” or some other past award but Labor of Love? No.

Last edited:
Quantity over quality. Do you know how many 3-year-olds went over and asked their mommy and daddy's to vote for among us? A LOT!!! Terraria does not have a broader community than games like among us or CSGO, which are games that are filled with Fortnite ragers and toxic being thrown around like a beachball. Terraria definitely deserved it because of the love being thrown at it all corners. Alas, we cannot change this. There is always next year. Also, someone is shaming Terraria right at this moment so shame them for me. Hit em with facts that Among Us is "Quote on Quote"
Yah. The work put into terraria is far superior to the effort put into among us. Among us was abandoned for 2 years, and terraria has always tried to please its community. The creators of Among us are kinda like the dad who went to buy milk but never came back, then when you win the lottery he comes back with milk. NOT SAYING AMONG US IS BAD GAME CUZ IT IS FUN

Last edited:
wait... a game developed by VALVE that is riddled with microtransactions won the labor of love award on STEAM?

...wow.

could this whole thing have been more obviously rigged? %-_-

and what came in second? among us? a game that was literally abandoned and not shown any love until it became a meme, basically?

i want to express my thoughts on this... but i imagine they wouldn't be acceptable to actually say on the forums.

just know that the rage i feel is immeasurable.
I too was disappointed and felt rigged. Terraria has always cared about its fans, constantly gave updates(major updates), never gets boring and the community is awesome. CS: GO has microtransactions has an extremely toxic community minor updates and gets boring fast The only reason it got the first place because it's popular. Among Us has microtransaction(pets/skins) a weird community(Some people are alright but others post weird animations and say weird things) was abandoned by its creators until it got popular, and get boring really fast. The only reason Among Us got second place is because it's popular otherwise it would get blown out. I can't go on youtube without seeing an annoying/weird among us vids. I really wanted Terraria(and though)to win because it has shown so much love and most of it's hate is from fanboys(Minecraft especially)I really hope Terraria gets nominated again for the labor of love because this time felt rigged going against 2 very popular games but we just have to accept it and go on-_-o_O:sigh:

Quantity over quality. Do you know how many 3-year-olds went over and asked their mommy and daddy's to vote for among us? A LOT!!! Terraria does not have a broader community than games like among us or VALVE, which are games that are filled with Fortnite ragers and toxic being thrown around like a beachball. Terraria definitely deserved it because of the love being thrown at it all corners. Alas, we cannot change this. There is always next year. Also, someone is shaming Terraria right at this moment so shame them for me. Hit em with facts that Among Us is "Quote on Quote"
So true

Btw I understand this is a Terraria forum but does anyone think it is odd how Undertale won no awards for 2015? It was a good game and I am surprised it did not win any steam awards. It did win some but not steam...

Quantity over quality. Do you know how many 3-year-olds went over and asked their mommy and daddy's to vote for among us? A LOT!!! Terraria does not have a broader community than games like among us or VALVE, which are games that are filled with Fortnite ragers and toxic being thrown around like a beachball. Terraria definitely deserved it because of the love being thrown at it all corners. Alas, we cannot change this. There is always next year. Also, someone is shaming Terraria right at this moment so shame them for me. Hit em with facts that Among Us is "Quote on Quote"
I disagree with quantity over quality, I’d rather have fewer good things than a lot of bad things. Also, VALVE is a US company, not a video game. We can hope there is a labor of love next year for Terraria but my doubts are high

Ik it was just how the award was based. To be fair... Among us and CSGO are some of the biggest communities in video games. This also means more people will be convinced they are the best games ever and vote for them. To be fair the vote needs to be based on the quality of work not the quantity of people. Also, I am sorry for calling CSGO Valve. I have never once heard of that game and in my opinion, it looks like if Fortnite ragers and call of duty had a baby.

Last edited:
Ik it was just how the award was based. To be fair... Among us and CSGO are some of the biggest communities in video games. This also means more people will be convinced they are the best games ever and vote for them. To be fair the vote needs to be based on the quality of work not the quantity of people. Also, I am sorry for calling CSGO Valve. I have never once heard of that game and in my opinion, it looks like if Fortnite ragers and call of duty had a baby.
Yes... exactly. The whole award was almost pointless as popularity will deem the most votes. I don’t know how much people play among us on mobile, but the game has fallen on Steam according to their charts. Terraria has been rising enough to almost reach top 10 most actively played steam games.

I feel like terraria was doomed from the start when it came to labor of love.

Among us was pitted in,which meanst the obvious
then CS;go got in, and that was it for terraria.

two EXTREMELY
in 2020,among us got 60 MILLION downloads,and Csgo got 414 downloads in 2012 alone
now compare that to terraria
30 million downlaods as of writing this
of course it was doomed.
Among us isn't even that good of a game.
it just got popular becuase it is online mafia.
it's better with friends,like it's preddecessor
Cs:go was one other shooter,nothing out of the ordinary.
NOw compare that to terraria,it is a very unique game,but with a small niche community.

Exactly sir. Terraria deserves this award more than anything but as I said before, quantity over quality when it comes to this award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom