PC Terraria not launching on Windows 10

On start-up, Terraria plays the home music, but always doesn't respond. I've done all the above...DirectX, Reinstalling, XNA, latest updates of windows 10, ran as administrator, make sure graphic's card & drivers are up to date, compatability mode. Still nothing. It worked fine on Windows 8.

Last edited:
If your in windows 10 reinstalling the XNA didn't help me neither did reinstalling the app what I had to do is go to:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria and right click on the Terraria.exe file and choose "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" that seems to fix all the issues i was having. Might want to make a shortcut on the desktop for now. Please let the community know if this works for you as well.
How do you get Terraria to launch through the .exe? Whenever I try it just tells me I have to launch through steam. Nevermind, got it to work.

Still having the same issue, have tried everything said here.

Last edited:
Hey im on a windows 10 laptop and experiencing the same problem (no compatibility mode, already tried the xnafx40_redist.exe download in the terraria folder, what can I do now, and I've already uninstalled the local content and re downloaded it as well)

I had an issue out of the blue where steam said the game was running, but it would never open. I fixed this by opening xnafx40_redist.msi and clicking repair. Before that, I restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled Terraria, and updated my graphics driver to no effect.

For me it doesnt start at all.
I tried everything (Run as administrator, compatibility mode, installing XNA, reinstalling terraria, etc)
The error is:

Excepción no controlada: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

sorry for spanish

As for me, it is going differently. I downloaded and unpacked Terraria for my little brother. Upon launching, the Terraria process is showing up for little time. In this time another process starts. It is werfault.exe. A few moments later Terraria and this process close.
Edit: Just found that I downloaded 32-bit version of Terraria on 64-bit Windows 10 1903.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom