PC Terraria not launching on Windows 10

Ugogogo

Terrarian
When I try launching Terraria, steam says that I am ingame for 2 seconds then suddenly i'm back at normal and meanwhile Terraria hasn't launched at all
It happened only AFTER I installed windows 10
A friend of mine doesn't seem to have that problem
Does someone knows what to do?

Last edited:
Installed Windows 10 yesterday. Same thing, Terraria won't start. I'm using Steam version which seemed to try reinstalling XNA on start and that failed.

Deleting local content on Steam and reinstalling helped me.

Re-install it, re-install drivers, or update some drivers.

It works completely fine for me (if not better) on windows 10.

I have a problem.. When I play the game, it opens fine. But it lags soo much it is unplayable. It used to work on windows 7, and 8.1 with no lag and no I cannot play my favorite game! (P.S already tried verifying, restarting, updating graphics drivers, putting on lower settings and everything else)

I'm having the same problem, I get this error:
System.Threading.SynchronizationLockException: Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
at Terraria.IO.Preferences.Save(Boolean createFile)
at Terraria.Main.SaveSettings()
at Terraria.Main.OpenSettings()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.InternalMain(String[] args)
But running xnafx40_redist.exe doesn't solve anything :(

same problem here.
Fun fact, if I try to launch it from the folder it works but when I want to launch it via steam there is nothing, it does not launch.

If your in windows 10 reinstalling the XNA didn't help me neither did reinstalling the app what I had to do is go to:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria and right click on the Terraria.exe file and choose "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" that seems to fix all the issues i was having. Might want to make a shortcut on the desktop for now. Please let the community know if this works for you as well.

that is how I got it to work but as mentioned it doesn't run via steam, another game with same issue is Shogun 2

When I try launching Terraria, steam says that I am ingame for 2 seconds then suddenly i'm back at normal and meanwhile Terraria hasn't launched at all
It happened only AFTER I installed windows 10
A friend of mine doesn't seem to have that problem
Does someone knows what to do?
I have the same issue. The game does not start after opening in Steam, not through Windows Explorer. Who has a workaround to this issue? Or will it be addressed in a future update?

guys please read and try the possible solutions posted before

i list it up what could help:
-Reinstalling XNA Frameworks
-Reinstalling Terraria
-Reinstalling DirectX

Back
Top Bottom