Official Terraria: Official Soundtrack & 1.3 Soundtrack are Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, been waiting for a steam release of the soundtrack forever. Thank you so much!

GOG offers a soundtrack download, and since I own Terraria for both Steam AND GOG, I expect GOG will soon offer a download of this soundtrack because the Crimson surface, Cultist Boss and Underworld tracks are beyond great when it comes to electronica.

Anybody else notice that the Terraria Logo has a new kind of tree? It looks like they used Lava and Ash for the word "Terraria", but yet that tree sprite is good enough that it could actually be put in the game.

Are we gonna see surface volcanoes now or something? That'd be ridiculously awesome.

EDIT: Fact is, looks like there's a new kind of grass in there too, lol. That'd be seriously awesome if we'd get a new biome in 1.3.1...
Not only that, notice the demon to the left.

I purchased the sound track just now on steam and it is labeled as a DLC and won't open unless the game is playing? I am confused, it downloaded and I can't find the files. I usually listen to music on my PC with the windows media player on shuffle. I would need access to the mp3 files for that right?

I purchased the sound track just now on steam and it is labeled as a DLC and won't open unless the game is playing? I am confused, it downloaded and I can't find the files. I usually listen to music on my PC with the windows media player on shuffle. I would need access to the mp3 files for that right?
There are two options for playing the soundtrack. The first is to simply use Steam's built in music player. More information on that can be found here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5460-QTPM-9243

However, it sounds like you'd simply want the mp3 files:
1.) Find Terraria in your Steam library.
2.) Right click Terraria and select "Properties"
3.) Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab.
4.) Press "Browse Local Files..."
At this point you should see a folder called "soundtrack" will all the mp3s.

Hope that helps :)

There are two options for playing the soundtrack. The first is to simply use Steam's built in music player. More information on that can be found here:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5460-QTPM-9243

However, it sounds like you'd simply want the mp3 files:
1.) Find Terraria in your Steam library.
2.) Right click Terraria and select "Properties"
3.) Select the "LOCAL FILES" tab.
4.) Press "Browse Local Files..."
At this point you should see a folder called "soundtrack" will all the mp3s.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, I finally found it another way. I dug in to the windows file explorer and found the right steam file to get to the terraria soundtrack file and copied that into the music folder. Something like: C drive, program files, steam, steam app, common, terraria Long way to find them but the file worked fine in the windows media player, 2 albums with cover art, Yea! Thanks for help, funny there is usually a few ways to find stuff on computer.

am i the only one who noticed that all the songs from terraria cost exactly the same as the game itself?

EDIT: apparently not. still weird though.

Last edited:
@Redigit Ill pay 5 times the ammount of this for just the corruption theme in otherworld please. The genius who added that guitar in makes me want to make a base there and just sit back listening to it. ;3 and the fact i cant pay to do that makes me sad now.

@Redigit Ill pay 5 times the ammount of this for just the corruption theme in otherworld please. The genius who added that guitar in makes me want to make a base there and just sit back listening to it. ;3 and the fact i cant pay to do that makes me sad now.

Isn't it possible to mod music in Terraria...?

I think that Cenx said that they wanted to expand the underworld in a future update. I sense a spoiler incoming (tree, demon with "bracelets"). Also I'll probably buy this soundtrack eventually, because it's great.

I think that Cenx said that they wanted to expand the underworld in a future update. I sense a spoiler incoming (tree, demon with "bracelets"). Also I'll probably buy this soundtrack eventually, because it's great.

I will admit the Underworld is kinda lack-luster. They added two weapons in 1.3 and that's it. There's nothing down there except Hellstone (which is only needed for a Molten Pickaxe, as many melee players choose to use Crimson over Molten Armor) and/or maybe a few other items made from Hellstone.

Other than that, some pots, ash, and fireblossoms... it's just a huge expanse that doesn't have much of anything, especially in Hardmode. There's literally no reason to go down there unless you're REALLY hankering for that unholy trident weapon or fire wings... unless you're a builder needing fire blocks.

EDIT: Oh, and the Tax Collector.

I will admit the Underworld is kinda lack-luster. They added two weapons in 1.3 and that's it. There's nothing down there except Hellstone (which is only needed for a Molten Pickaxe, as many melee players choose to use Crimson over Molten Armor) and/or maybe a few other items made from Hellstone.

Other than that, some pots, ash, and fireblossoms... it's just a huge expanse that doesn't have much of anything, especially in Hardmode. There's literally no reason to go down there unless you're REALLY hankering for that unholy trident weapon or fire wings... unless you're a builder needing fire blocks.

EDIT: Oh, and the Tax Collector.
I've never used a crimson world for a playthrough, so I always get molten armor and the fiery greatsword. But yes, it is lackluster compared to the other "major" biomes like the corruption, underground, and hallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom