Terraria on Chromebook

SamTTM

Skeletron
IMPORTANT EDIT: Back up all files before doing this, since it deletes everything.

First you put the Chromebook in dev mode by pressing esc+f3+power it will pop into recovery mode. Just press ctrl+d. It will turn of the OS Verification. Press ctrl+d again. It will boot into dev mode, and delete all local data. Now you need to download crouton from https://goo.gl/fd3zc , then press ctr+alt+t and that opens up a console. Type in the console "shell" then, "sudo ~/Downloads/crouton -t kde -r trusty". That will install linux ubuntu to your Chromebook. When it's done type in a username and password. After that type, "sudo startkde" and you will boot into linux. In linux download steam from the website and install it by typing in the console, "sudo dpkg -i steam-latest.deb". When you open steam it will say that openGL is not installed. Install openGl in the linux console by typing "sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-trusty:i386". Then install Terraria. It will work properly. But it crashes, and lags every so often and some times crashes the Chromebook it self. To get to linux again press ctrl+alt+t, type "shell" then "sudo startkde, or if Linux is active press ctrl+alt+shift+«(F2) or ctrl+alt+shift+»(F1) to switch between Linux and Chrome OS. When you turn off your PC it will say, "OS verification is off, press space to enable," DO NOT PRESS SPACE!!! Press ctrl+d instead. Pressing space will RESET the Chromebook and get rid of linux.

Last edited:
First you put the Chromebook in dev mode by pressing esc+f3+power it will pop up a warning. Just press ctrl+d. It will pop somthing else up. Press ctrl+d again. It will boot into dev mode. Then download crouton, then press ctr+alt+t and that opens up a console. Type in the console "shell" then "sudo ~/Downloads/crouton -t kde". That will install linux ubuntu to your Chromebook. When it's done type in a username and password. After that type "sudo startkde" and you will boot into linux. In linux download steam from the website and install it. It will say that you need openGL is not installed. Install openGl in the linux console by typing "sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-trusty". Then install Terraria. It will work properly. But it crashes, and lags every so often and some times crashes the Chromebook it self.
(P.S. Wrote this post on a cell phone!:D)

IMPORTANT: This will wipe your device to factory default. Please be cautious. Neither of us, nor Google, is responsible for loss of data.

Speaking of which, can you enter devmode w/o erasing all data?

EDIT: Just realized his is 1 1/2 years old, sorry. Still relevant tho

IMPORTANT: This will wipe your device to factory default. Please be cautious. Neither of us, nor Google, is responsible for loss of data.
Speaking of which, can you enter devmode w/o erasing all data?

EDIT: Just realized his is 1 1/2 years old, sorry. Still relevant tho
No I don't believe there is a way to do it without deleting everything, I'll still reply to any other questions anyone has.

Back
Top Bottom