Terraria On Steam Will Not Open

Augment 7th

Terrarian
Hello fellow people, I bought Terraria on my PC yesterday, but it will not open. I've tried reinstalling the game, updating windows, updating and reinstalling my windows.net framework, everything I've read about I've tried and it wont open. I went through my log files to see what it would say and under information is said the following;

Fault bucket 1711556670466107071, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: Terraria.exe
P2: 1.3.5.3
P3: 58ffb460
P4: nvd3dum.dll
P5: 25.21.14.1967
P6: 5c8de306
P7: c0000005
P8: 008091a3
P9:
P10:
Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDE49.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDFA2.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDFC2.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDFC0.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERDFF0.tmp.txt
These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Terraria.exe_223235f154cb1371d97fb62ffcd42ad7938943d_3cd7392b_3352e221
Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 245dd242-6a3e-46ec-9b5b-d3f5174daa57
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 00442e8920c74203e7c0abb93c1526bf
Cab Guid: 0

And than under Error it said this;

Faulting application name: Terraria.exe, version: 1.3.5.3, time stamp: 0x58ffb460
Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 25.21.14.1967, time stamp: 0x5c8de306
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x008091a3
Faulting process id: 0x4524
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4e8d9afff4441
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvmdi.inf_amd64_2c15caefab34b384\nvd3dum.dll
Report Id: 245dd242-6a3e-46ec-9b5b-d3f5174daa57
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Please help if possible, thank you for your time reading this.

It looks like your graphics drivers are faulting. Do the following for me:

• Press Windows+R.
  • Type "msinfo32" without the quotes and press enter.
  • Screenshot the window that comes up and upload it somewhere I can view it.
  • Press the "plus" button next to Components.
  • Click on "Display".
  • Screenshot this window as well and upload it somewhere I can view it.
Then I can grab the driver you need and tell you how to do a clean install of your graphics drivers.

It looks like your graphics drivers are faulting. Do the following for me:

• Press Windows+R.
  • Type "msinfo32" without the quotes and press enter.
  • Screenshot the window that comes up and upload it somewhere I can view it.
  • Press the "plus" button next to Components.
  • Click on "Display".
  • Screenshot this window as well and upload it somewhere I can view it.
Then I can grab the driver you need and tell you how to do a clean install of your graphics drivers.
its not letting me upload pictures
[doublepost=1554173345,1554173096][/doublepost]you can add me on discord Augment#2211 and ill send you the pictures there

You should be able to drag the pictures to the text area to upload them. Alternatively you can upload them to imgur then give me a link.

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    94.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    87.3 KB · Views: 105
Follow these steps to perform a clean reinstall of your Nvidia Drivers:

• Uninstall your old drivers from the Control Panel. Search Nvidia to see all related driver components as shown below.
STe7JRl.png

• After you have uninstalled those driver packages you screen will momentarily go black, do not be alarmed it will come back.
  • Download and run the setup of your new drivers.
  • When installing, scan each screen carefully before clicking "next" you're looking for a checkbox that says "Clean Installation".
Check to see whether you can launch Terraria, and if you can't, if the error from the event viewer is the same.

Follow these steps to perform a clean reinstall of your Nvidia Drivers:

• Uninstall your old drivers from the Control Panel. Search Nvidia to see all related driver components as shown below.
STe7JRl.png

• After you have uninstalled those driver packages you screen will momentarily go black, do not be alarmed it will come back.
  • Download and run the setup of your new drivers.
  • When installing, scan each screen carefully before clicking "next" you're looking for a checkbox that says "Clean Installation".
Check to see whether you can launch Terraria, and if you can't, if the error from the event viewer is the same.
did everything you said and its still saying the same thing.

Do any other games crash? Also what is your driver type? You can find this here: locate Driver Type under the System Information menu in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

No other games crash this one only, like it doesn't show any part of the game only 'Preparing to launch on steam' than it shows on my task manager for 2 seconds and closes. My driver type is; DCH.

Oh you're DCH I got you the wrong driver version, that's my bad. HERE is the correct driver. Use the same steps as before to clean install the correct driver. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

thank you so much its fixed, what I did was I did a complete driver uninstall and complete uninstall of terraria with my iobit uninstaller app, than I reinstalled my drivers and reinstalled terraria, now it works just fine :) thank you so much for your help

Back
Top Bottom