Switch Terraria on switch soft locking/freezing

Kazia

Terrarian
Hey everyone, this is my first post on the terraria forum. I've been playing terraria since 1.1 and I still play it to this day! A few months ago I decided to buy the Nintendo Switch port and I'm very happy with it, however a really annoying softlocking bug has made the game half unplayable for me.

At first I didnt really understand why the game was softlocking, it seemed like it was completely random until I noticed that it almost only happens when the game is autosaving.

I tried to turn off autosaving but it still happened very often, which was frustrating honestly.

So what I tried to do next was finding out why the game was softlocking, and after well over 20 softlocks I came with the following conclusions:
-the game can softlock/freeze when I'm using chlorophyte bullets (or any weapon with auto aim really) when its autosaving
-the game will also occasionally softlock/freeze during events such as the pirate invasion, the frost moon and the pumpkin moon if I'm using magic weapons with auto aim capabilities when the game is autosaving (again)
-this bug will almost always occur during the lunatic cultist fight.

I feel like it's due to too many things going on at the same time while the game is autosaving, I might be wrong though.

And lastly heres some info about my world:
-medium sized world/expert mode
-corruption
-blue dungeon

I really hope this get fixed soon, if you need more proofs I can try to record the bug

Thank you!

Hey everyone, this is my first post on the terraria forum. I've been playing terraria since 1.1 and I still play it to this day! A few months ago I decided to buy the Nintendo Switch port and I'm very happy with it, however a really annoying softlocking bug has made the game half unplayable for me.

At first I didnt really understand why the game was softlocking, it seemed like it was completely random until I noticed that it almost only happens when the game is autosaving.

I tried to turn off autosaving but it still happened very often, which was frustrating honestly.

So what I tried to do next was finding out why the game was softlocking, and after well over 20 softlocks I came with the following conclusions:
-the game can softlock/freeze when I'm using chlorophyte bullets (or any weapon with auto aim really) when its autosaving
-the game will also occasionally softlock/freeze during events such as the pirate invasion, the frost moon and the pumpkin moon if I'm using magic weapons with auto aim capabilities when the game is autosaving (again)

I feel like it's due to too many things going on at the same time while the game is autosaving, I might be wrong though.

-corruption
-blue dungeon

I really hope this get fixed soon, if you need more proofs I can try to record the bug

Thank you!

Yo, this is exactly how it plays out for me. Every game session ends with a freeze. During events, boss fights, and sometimes while fighting everyday mobs.

-corruption
-blue dungeon

Thank you!

This also happens to me. It also happens when I am mining sand. I am making a tunnel and it goes though the desert and when I mined the sand it crashed my game and then had to restart a lot of progress. IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!

I'm having an issue as well. I sent a bug report yesterday. It started with freezing once or twice after completing a medium sized world. I switched to a large world on expert so I can build some cool stuff while progressing the expert bosses. But I do event farming on normal mode because I'm a noob. It keeps locking towards the end of pumpkin moon in my medium world.

However even building has become an issue at this point. It does what seems like a lag spike (solo play) every 20 seconds or so. I've read turning off auto save could be helpful, so I'm going to try that. If it doesnt help try a new character and see if it goes away x.x

Below is my video of it freezing, don't mind the geese:

Having same issues. I did think it was i was backing out to dashboard and then going back into game always resulting in a soft lock but auto aim does seem to be causing my issues after some testing. Hopefully they patch this soon.

Ive even got this on xbox which also used to freeze with same things but stopped after i got 1.3.4 update.

Tbh were getting 1.3.5 on ps4 xbox and switch at same time next so its just a waiting game now

i’m also having these soft lock/ freezing issues. i’m currently fighting the nebula pillar, it’s the last of the 4 i have to complete. and every time i spawn in, the game will freeze completely after about 2-3 minutes. i’m using vamp knives, so i assume it’s just an overload of stuff going on but it’s very frustrating, it makes completing this pillar next to impossible. i really hope when they update the switch port, they fix these issues. i’ve seen a lot of people having the same issues, idk how you could release a $30 game and have it be this dysfunctional. i’ve been playing the game since tobuscus was playing it back in 2011, i never had these issues even on the 360 version. i hope they fix these problems

i’m also having these soft lock/ freezing issues. i’m currently fighting the nebula pillar, it’s the last of the 4 i have to complete. and every time i spawn in, the game will freeze completely after about 2-3 minutes. i’m using vamp knives, so i assume it’s just an overload of stuff going on but it’s very frustrating, it makes completing this pillar next to impossible. i really hope when they update the switch port, they fix these issues. i’ve seen a lot of people having the same issues, idk how you could release a $30 game and have it be this dysfunctional. i’ve been playing the game since tobuscus was playing it back in 2011, i never had these issues even on the 360 version. i hope they fix these problems
***UPDATE***
i was just fighting moonlord and my game froze when i was just over half way done the fight, and of course my game froze and i lost all of my progress. i cannot describe how frustrating this is, it makes me want to delete the game and never want to play it again

Attachments

• B0086089-5E4D-4E15-BADA-7BBC1F7DF0AC.jpeg
    B0086089-5E4D-4E15-BADA-7BBC1F7DF0AC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom