Terraria on Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cenx said they are being done by engine, not 505 games! So less bugs hopefully!

She also stated that they would try harder to reduce bugs and work closer to the dev team, I think.
I believe she said Re-Logic will be closely involved to make sure the port stays relatively bug free, and for good reason, you don't hand Nintendo a buggy port.

#Styluses. Not the best control scheme, but probably much better for controlling a cursor than an analog stick.
Unfortunately, that would probably only work for the 3DS since the wii u only has one game pad.
Cenx said they are being done by engine, not 505 games! So less bugs hopefully!

She also stated that they would try harder to reduce bugs and work closer to the dev team, I think.
That's good to know :)

Here, exact quote.
"We will not be making it. The port will be done by Engine, unfortunately the Re-Logic staff is just too small to handle things like this without effecting updates and such. We will however be very involved in making sure it is as bug free as possible."

Reactions: Azu
Jump on it! Jump on it! But seriously, I'm kinda worried about the 3DS's graphical limitations, its pixels are so big that the NES games are actually 1/1 in scale for pixels, rather than 1 NES pixel = 4 3DS pixels or something similar.

Jump on it! Jump on it! But seriously, I'm kinda worried about the 3DS's graphical limitations, its pixels are so big that the NES games are actually 1/1 in scale for pixels, rather than 1 NES pixel = 4 3DS pixels or something similar.
Here's a screenshot I took and put inside the 3DS screen resolution. The game at full resolution would look like this:
wtz2B5W.png

At 1x1 pixels, it would look like this:
AaTETMw.png

So, choose between a cramped field of view and possible eye strain. I honestly don't think the game's graphics would really be degraded that much at all, since only particles have smaller pixels than normal. I imagine they'll incorporate a zoom function or have the camera follow the cursor to fix this.

Very cool, looking forward to using my 3DS more when this comes out. I get the feeling, as someone had stated, there might be a zoom option so eye strain won't be a major issue. $30 usd maybe a little steep, but I'd be willing to pick up a copy

Here's a screenshot I took and put inside the 3DS screen resolution. The game at full resolution would look like this:
wtz2B5W.png

At 1x1 pixels, it would look like this:
AaTETMw.png

So, choose between a cramped field of view and possible eye strain. I honestly don't think the game's graphics would really be degraded that much at all, since only particles have smaller pixels than normal. I imagine they'll incorporate a zoom function or have the camera follow the cursor to fix this.
I think it looks great at 1x1. And zoomed in more than that would be too little vision, just like the mobile versions, or as I like to call them, the "can't see 2 feet in front of your face" version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom