PC Terraria On Windows 10 Error

Excuse me I have this error when ever i try to open Terraria, can you please help
It says:
System.Threading.SynchronizationLockException: Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
at Terraria.IO.Preferences.Save(Boolean createFile)
at Terraria.Main.SaveSettings()
at Terraria.Main.OpenSettings()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.InternalMain(String[] args)

Terraria_ Error 6_30_2015 10_47_46 PM.png

And sorry for bothering you

Last edited:
There was a different thread for this that I'd already posted in, but I realise this is the proper subforum for an issue like this, so I'd like to mention here as well that I have the same issue. I don't know if any sort of progress has been made on it since yesterday, but I've tried just about everything I can think of, including reinstalling Steam. Only thing is I'm using Windows 7 and not Windows 10.

There was a different thread for this that I'd already posted in, but I realise this is the proper subforum for an issue like this, so I'd like to mention here as well that I have the same issue. I don't know if any sort of progress has been made on it since yesterday, but I've tried just about everything I can think of, including reinstalling Steam. Only thing is I'm using Windows 7 and not Windows 10.
Thanks for the info

I'm having the same problem, I get this error:
System.Threading.SynchronizationLockException: Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
But running xnafx40_redist.exe doesn't solve anything, like it has for others

Identical problem (upgraded 10 from 7) but my problems came after deleting config.json per a Steam Community recommendation to resolve an error for my pre1.3 server world load error. The game ran fine in WIndows 10 after the upgrade. I do not believe that is the problem. I can still play on my laptop (also Win10 upgraded same day).

OK! I was able to play the game by creating a NON-steam shortcut set as Admin as others have mentioned.

Go to Steam located installed game and right click - properties
Click Local Files tab, Browse Local Files...
Right click Terraria.exe (Send to>Create Shortcut on Desktop)
Right click shortcut on desktop - properties. Click Advanced... button
Check run as administrator and click OK. OK. Double Click Shortcut on Desktop to run.

After this I was able to launch the game properly in Steam!!!!

Last edited:
Identical problem (upgraded 10 from 7) but my problems came after deleting config.json per a Steam Community recommendation to resolve an error for my pre1.3 server world load error. The game ran fine in WIndows 10 after the upgrade. I do not believe that is the problem. I can still play on my laptop (also Win10 upgraded same day).

OK! I was able to play the game by creating a NON-steam shortcut set as Admin as others have mentioned.

Check run as administrator and click OK. OK. Double Click Shortcut on Desktop to run.

Thanks! This worked after I tried everything else!

Yay!! it works!

Excuse me I have this error when ever i try to open Terraria, can you please help
It says:

View attachment 60058

And sorry for bothering you
Hello,

I also had similar problem, but it worked after launching/ running the game as an 'administrator'. I am running it in Windows 10 (64 bit). I have also checked the box to 'run this program as an administrator' inside terraria.exe properties, under compatibility tab.

Back
Top Bottom