• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Terraria OT Question

Zactlx

Terrarian
I played terraria for almost a year now,I played the pc and the mobile version,I just started joining the forum for asking question and tips.

Will Terraria OW released this year?
Terraria OW release date isn't confirmed yet,does anybody know when will the game released?Im really excited just seeing the screenshot of the game I hope the game released at Christmas.

What makes Terraria and Terraria OW diffrent?
Terraria OT is a better game than Terraria because of graphics,what really makes terraria ot so special?Isn't Terraria OT is just a Terraria with more feutures and graphics?

Will terraria OW caharacter customization will be same with the Original Terraria,The Original terraria character customization is a bit boring...I hope they add new hair and stuff.

If you know one of the answer please reply and tell me ; )

Last edited:

Tunnel King

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I assume you mean Terraria: Otherworld, so I moved your thread to the correct forum section.

I think it's safe to say it will NOT release this year. There has been very little news about it in recent months, and in general there has been very little released information beyond the concept and some screenshots. It is too early to answer your other questions.

Pipeworks people have said in their weekly streams that they do have people working on Terraria: Otherworld but they have no additional information that they can give out.

landstalker

Terrarian
I played terraria for almost a year now,I played the pc and the mobile version,I just started joining the forum for asking question and tips.

Will Terraria OT released this year?
Terraria OT release date isn't confirmed yet,does anybody know when will the game released?Im really excited just seeing the screenshot of the game I hope the game released at Christmas.

What makes Terraria and Terraria OT diffrent?
Terraria OT is a better game than Terraria because of graphics,what really makes terraria ot so special?Isn't Terraria OT is just a Terraria with more feutures and graphics?

Will terraria OT caharacter customization will be same with the Original Terraria,The Original terraria character customization is a bit boring...I hope they add new hair and stuff.

When you say Terraria OT do you mean T:OW?
T: Terraria
OW: Other World

Derpinator-9000

The Destroyer

Will Terraria OW released this year?
Terraria OW release date isn't confirmed yet,does anybody know when will the game released?Im really excited just seeing the screenshot of the game I hope the game released at Christmas.

What makes Terraria and Terraria OW diffrent?

Will terraria OW caharacter customization will be same with the Original Terraria,The Original terraria character customization is a bit boring...I hope they add new hair and stuff.

It more than just the graphics that are different. New art style, new sound style, and the main idea is different. Its still a sandbox game, but there is tower defense, a story, quests, rpg elements and more as it is a spinoff. The release isnt known, as relogic had to switch developers, which might have meant re-starting

landstalker

Terrarian
It more than just the graphics that are different. New art style, new sound style, and the main idea is different. Its still a sandbox game, but there is tower defense, a story, quests, rpg elements and more as it is a spinoff. The release isnt known, as relogic had to switch developers, which might have meant re-starting
No-one is sure the tower defence element is still a part of the mechanic which makes the wait even more exciting.
The thrill of the unknown. ;)

Derpinator-9000

The Destroyer
No-one is sure the tower defence element is still a part of the mechanic which makes the wait even more exciting.
The thrill of the unknown. ;)
Very true! Anything could change at this point :)

Although I really do hope they keep things like tower defense and rpg mechanics. Things like those is what originally got me so hyped for the game. Whatever happens though I'm sure it will be great now that we have a competent studio helping out the guys at Re-Logic

Qwerty

Spazmatism
the best thing to do is to completely forget about it.
ive been waiting for the release of this game since 2015 when they said it will come out in early 2016, it fu*** didnt. it was delayed to early 2017, and it was yet to be released.

until you will see a video gameplay of T:OW, do not pay any attention to this "project" or as my friends call it "a hoax"

it took more time to develop T:OW than developing Overwatch, Playerunknown's: battlegrounds, Binding of isaac (RE,AB,AB+), Super Meat Boy, and lots of good games that were released in under 3 years of development.

Hunter863

Terrarian
the best thing to do is to completely forget about it.
ive been waiting for the release of this game since 2015 when they said it will come out in early 2016, it fu*** didnt. it was delayed to early 2017, and it was yet to be released.

until you will see a video gameplay of T:OW, do not pay any attention to this "project" or as my friends call it "a hoax"

it took more time to develop T:OW than developing Overwatch, Playerunknown's: battlegrounds, Binding of isaac (RE,AB,AB+), Super Meat Boy, and lots of good games that were released in under 3 years of development.
I would hardly call it a hoax yet. They underestimated the release date before, and they announced it too early before, and they probably had to start from scratch again as they discontinued their development with Engine Software, meaning the game is even more delayed. I also don't think its fair to compare this game with any of the ones you described. Meat Boy isn't nearly as large as Terraria, Overwatch is a AAA game and Playerunknown's: battlegrounds used multiple asset packs. The only one you "could" compare it to is Rebirth, but only Rebirth, not its DLC's. While both are enhancing the game that came before it, Rebirth only added on to the game and changed some features, where as Otherworld is trying to make it feel different from regular Terraria by making it into a more story-driven game instead of a sandbox, as you wouldn't just want a game with more features that could easily been in an update.
Edit: Also, they are bringing 1.3 to console as well, which is not easy by any means and will take up more of their time. And at least they didn't run a campaign to get money for the game, so it wont affect anyone if the game is canceled except the developers themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom