Terraria: Otherworld Terraria: Otherworld - An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks awesome and I'm super hyped for it. Can't wait to do a let's play and some building in there!

Good day, Terrarians!

First of all, we wanted to send along a sincere word of thanks for what was an amazing 2015 for Terraria and Re-Logic! From the excitement of 1.3 to fishing and minecarts reaching mobile/console to the launch of Terraria 3DS and more - what a year it was. Thank you!

Looking ahead into 2016, we have a number of projects on which we are working hard. A number of these are still not ready to be shared, others are ongoing (1.3.1, helping 505 get mobile/console fixed up right, Wii U launch, etc), and one for which we owe you an update - Terraria: Otherworld.

As you may recall, we kicked off last year with the announcement of the development of Terraria: Otherworld - a spin-off game in the Terraria franchise that would seek to incorporate strong elements from the RPG and Tower Defense genres into the open-world sandbox of Terraria in order to craft what we termed "a sandbox with a purpose." Throughout 2015, we shared bits of progress in the way of spoilers with an initial goal of launching by the end of the year. If you missed any of that information, check out the spoiler compendium link below:

As you likely have figured out, Terraria: Otherworld did not make its planned 2015 launch. Simply put, the game is not ready yet - as we laid out in the beginning, we will only launch a game when we feel it meets our standards as a finished product. Terraria: Otherworld hasn't reached that point yet, though very strong progress has been made. The team continues and will continue to work hard in the months ahead to get T: OW to a place where we will be proud to release it to you and it will be worthy of your support and expectations. All we will say at this point is that our goal is to get this done and in your hands during 2016, but we will provide further information and spoilers as we move forward. ;)

Along those lines, we would like to share one of the latest additions to T:OW - swing grappling!

We will also look to get our planned standalone Terraria: Otherworld Community up in the near future, so stay tuned there! :)

We are sure that you will have questions, and we will do our best to answer them in this thread.

Again, we cannot thank you all enough for helping us achieve the success that we have to date - we hope that you understand that this delay is needed in order for us to deliver to you a game worthy of that support.

Cheers!
Yay they added the crimson
Now All we gotta do is figure out how it fits into that universe

Honestly, I'm not super hyped for this game, but it sure does look fun. I will definitely get it when I manage to get some spare spending money.

Screw the corruption...again.

Unleast the OT eater of worlds is more challenging...hehe

I'm so excited. I love the mechanics of the new grappling hook, I just hope the physics isn't too screwed up. I'm sure you guys can make it good, though! And wow, the Crimson looks amazing... I really want the game now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom