Terraria: Otherworld Terraria Otherworld: Bringing You Up to Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Beautiful Good Work Guys I Love the Weapon and Armor Design a question
there will be some kind of guardian that protects the entrance of houses
is a bit tedious always see a zombie trying opened the door
for example a guard dog or some kind soldier or living armor
I know it has turrets that protect the house but I would like to see some type guard at the door watching:happy:

Announced platforms remain the same so far: PS/Mac as well as Xbox One and PS4 (which may launch a touch later to give time to iron out any kinks from the PC launch, but we will see). Any other platforms (future consoles, mobile, etc) are certainly things we might do - but our focus is on getting the core game nailed first rather than trying to launch on 10 platforms at once.
And this is a good way of thought. A solid game on 1 platform is better than a broken game on 10 different platforms.
  • Weight - as in limited carrying weight on top of inventory? No. That's probably a bit too "sim" for a Terraria game.
Thank god no weight limits, I hate when games implement such a system. It might not be realistic, but such realism in a Terraria game just won't work, I can guarantee that.

Not gonna lie, I had my doubts. I thought it would just be like a remake with more textures and a few more weapons.

Looks like it's gonna be a whole lot more than that... Haven't been this ready for a game since the release of the console version!

I really don't like tower defense games but i really love Terraria and i am willing to give this tower defense idea a try. I am wondering/hoping that there will be ether a way to play without the tower defense like it not being needed to play and beat the game or a mode without it or if the game will not heavily rely on the tower defense aspect. I know people will read this and probably say just wait for Terraria 2 but i like the graphics and design that you guys have come up with. I put 100s of hours into terraria on pc and played a good 30hrs or 40hrs on ps4, I couldnt really get into the controls for console lol. I can't wait to see more and i can't wait to play this game.
I don't think it will be quite as much like a traditional tower defense game as much as it will be terraria with the addition of important points that you want to reinforce with point defense structures.

Then again, I love tower defense when it is done right, so either way I think it will be great.

Last edited:
Yeah the Tower Defense will tie into progression and the story, but the game is still a Terraria game - so expect a lot of the same tiered sandbox elements (go at your own pace, build what you want, etc) on top of the "core story". Of course it won't be exactly the same - and should feel demonstrably different - or we have missed the mark on truly making this game what it should be - Terraria and yet not at the same time. ;)

The radio silence was necessary given what all needed to be settled in order to make sure things were on the right track before coming out and sharing what's up. Problems with solutions and all that. We have no plans to go radio silent again. :)

The New Terraria looks awesome and i can't wait to see what you come up with. it doesn't matter when you release it. so no matter what happens don't rush and keep up the great work and do you know how much it'll cost when it comes out or haven't you came up with a price yet

I'm fine with developers taking as long as they need to complete a game, more development times means a better outcome.

Also, this game looks fantastic visually, Terraria: Otherworld has some of the best pixel graphics I've ever seen!

Ok, will Terraria Otherworld have 2x2 pixels like Terraria? If so, look forward to a Terrafine Project version for that. ;)

Will there be an "early access purchase" or a "preorder bonus" for Terraria: Otherworld? I do realize that it may be too early to know for sure and that this question has most likely been asked before. If not then it'd be a real shame, even if the preorder was just a test and reply of what content that the team has already created to work through bugs and what not.
If not, it is sad to say, but this is one of the very few games that I would actually spend a decent penny for. Especially considering how many legitimate hours I have logged.

Finally. Some news on Otherworld! Thank you, @Loki !

Kind of disappointed that the game no longer has a release window of any kind -- but that doesn't matter; what matters is that the game come out when it's ready. And I imagine it lifts some burden of pressure off of the devs too, which is always great.

I look forward to playing it!

And no more silence! Let's get back into a pattern of spoilers!

Ok, will Terraria Otherworld have 2x2 pixels like Terraria? If so, look forward to a Terrafine Project version for that. ;)
Based on the screenshots, yes. Although it looks like character animation must be done in a different way so that individual body parts can rotate and appear with single pixels. (Similar to how swinging weapons do in Terraria.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom