Terraria: Otherworld Terraria Otherworld: Bringing You Up to Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg to differ! I was well aware of what 1.3 content was coming, and how much was still a secret, and there was a lot more good stuff kept a secret than there were spoilers. :)
quantity of stuff spoiled percentage wise isn't the issue here. lots of things were spoiled, like solar eclipse enemies, new underworld background, expert mode, martian madness, granite and marble biomes, underground desert, cultists, yo-yos, slime rain, flying Dutchman, i could go on. the point is, it should be possible for people to avoid spoilers if they want without being forced to live under a rock. unless i'm mistaken, that was the original intent of spoiler tags, which is why they have that name. obviously you can't avoid spoilers completely, as people will inevitably talk about them, use them as avatars, put them in their signatures, etc, but it could definitely be done better.

sorry if i'm coming across as a bit peeved, but i usually like to avoid spoilers, which proved basically impossible during the making of 1.3 and seems to be the case with otherworld.

Those backdrops just keep looking better and better! I, for one, am glad that you guys decided to rethink the direction you were going with this game. Yeah, it's a bummer that the wait is gonna be longer, but I'm just fine with waiting for a game if it means it's going to be better. Great to see that you guys are still actively developing the game. Thanks for the update! It was definitely refreshing to get some news!

Everything about this sounds pretty amazing, loved the original and can't wait to get my hands on this at some point :) Can we hope for console and retail versions of this like the original got? I love the way the game looks on my shelf and i'm planning on getting the Nintendo console releases soon.

I do have to admit. Look alot like Starbound but who cares?! IT'S TERRARIA! Ayyy btw can u guys add stuff like wierd fun commands like /spawnmob or something? I would LOVE messing around with stuff like that.
(I DONT CARE IF RE LOGIC DOESNT REPLY TO REPLYS OK PEOPLE?!)

I do have to admit. Look alot like Starbound but who cares?! IT'S TERRARIA! Ayyy btw can u guys add stuff like wierd fun commands like /spawnmob or something? I would LOVE messing around with stuff like that.
(I DONT CARE IF RE LOGIC DOESNT REPLY TO REPLYS OK PEOPLE?!)
Honestly to me they do not look much like starbound at all. The graphics in starbound are a lot, taller for say, atleast in the characters design.

This is some great knew looking forward to the game but to be honest I wish it was on early acess right now hehe seams so fun just of what you guys have shown.

it is worth to wait for terraria otherworld! As developers are doing it soo well!!! Can't wait to play it :D

OMG, a T:OW update, yaaaay
I was waiting for this than more than half a year... well, I guess almost everyone was. Still, it's great!

I don't think my computer could handle this game on decent fps & high settings. I'm using i3-2100, nvidia gt730, 4 gb ram. I have a really bad internet, 3G 2 Mbps, yes "bit" & Unstable which mean it might drop to 0 Kbps for a few seconds to minutes and cause download fail. Please don't let this game reach >300MB Size, i can't really download that size. On top of that, I NEED THIS GAME IN MY LIFE!!!! or I can't rest in peace.

Last edited:
Not too happy about "deep and challenging" tower defense elements (I hate tower defense), but other things do sound exciting. Thanks for not lowering your standards to CF levels.

I think this is a necessary and welcome change. The old graphics style (which is similar to Starbound) used gradients to push a "smooth" look to everything. The result of this is that everything lacked detail, and appeared to be made with a "whatever, just make it look similar, nobody will care" type of attitude. Basically, the old graphics looked lazy, and thus boring. It looks like the artists have started adding more attention to detail as time went on. I can't tell if the new lead artist has any influence on these screenshots, but at least the art appears to be getting slightly better over time. I recommend a complete overhaul of the trees and terrain graphics, but the rest looks good enough to use.

I know most people will respond with "anything is great as long as it comes from Re-Logic", but that's just plain not true. Attention to detail is the lifeblood of any and all artistic works. A lack of attention to detail will always doom the work to be uninspiring, and push away customers. I could tell that Re-Logic wasn't paying enough attention to this game, and it was therefore on the fast track to failure. So this news is the best thing I've heard from Re-Logic on Terraria Otherworld (even including the inception announcement).

Yes, I would have bought it and played it anyway; but I would have bought it on sale, would not have recommended it to anyone, and would have been hesitant to buy any future products. With this news, I'm confident that the focus has changed enough that I won't feel stingy about it.

don't think my computer could handle this game on decent fps & high settings. I'm using i3-2100, nvidia gt730, 4 gb ram. I have a really bad internet, 3G 2 Mbps, yes "bit" & Unstable which mean it might drop to 0 Kbps for a few seconds to minutes and cause download fail. Please don't let this game reach >300MB Size, i can't really download that size. On top of that, I NEES THIS GAME IN MY LIFE!!!! or I can't rest in peace.
If your computer can handle Terraria im pretty sure it can handle terraria:OW

Terraria otherworld is looking amazing so far, definitely getting the game at launch.
Got a question through about the weapon level mechanic so if a weapon gets to max level would it transform into a better weapon? Or just do more damage or speed and so on?

Not too happy about "deep and challenging" tower defense elements (I hate tower defense), but other things do sound exciting. Thanks for not lowering your standards to CF levels.
I disagree I think it will help make the 'core story as Loki calls it' a lot more interesting
And if the game includes towers that can shoot enemies that will become a lot more interesting but it's a new gameplay mechanic for terraria so let's see how it goes

I made an account just so I could reply to this news:
The amount of support and passion you've shown for Terraria is the main reason why I love Re-Logic.

Never before in the history of gaming have I ever seen so much work and effort put into a game as long as you folks have, all without asking for a single penny above and beyond the price of entry. So I'm sure whatever you're doing with Terraria: Otherworld is going to be fantastic. I look forward to making another worthwhile investment when this comes out.

I made an account just so I could reply to this news:
The amount of support and passion you've shown for Terraria is the main reason why I love Re-Logic.

Never before in the history of gaming have I ever seen so much work and effort put into a game as long as you folks have, all without asking for a single penny above and beyond the price of entry. So I'm sure whatever you're doing with Terraria: Otherworld is going to be fantastic. I look forward to making another worthwhile investment when this comes out.
Aha totally agree and welcome to the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom