Terraria: Otherworld Terraria Otherworld: Bringing You Up to Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol troll huh? so troll, that you keep distorting my words. cause you have no capacity to argue. But dont worry, i never thought you have such capacity.

who are you in the picture? i bet is the gentleman on the far left(first person from left to rigth), with a 500g of MMs packet.

And sorry about the C#, i made a mistake, thought you are conversant with game developer.
Dang, you argue like a ten year old!

First of all I'd like to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TERRARIA. Thank you Re-Logic for giving us such an amazing game. I can easily say it is the game I had the most fun playing with my friends. Every new discovery, new boss, new weapon, my english is not good enough to express all my emotion. As you can imagine I'm pretty hyped for OW, it makes me smile just to think that I'll experience something similar to Terraria again. You guys are the best and I have my hopes on you, make OW a great game! That said I'd like to point out one thing: please let us stick to one world. One of the best things in Terraria was to make our world as best as possible, with amazing buildings and automated farms, and things like that, it can be a giant world, just don't make disposable worlds that we don't care about, like that other sandbox game in space. Thank you and keep rocking!

What I really am interested at is this red orange stone the crystal is cleansing. Is it Corruption ? Crimson ? Something else ?
Also to the left of the crystal is what looks like to be gold bars stacked up, but it looks like it could be something else. Same for the monolith thing just between them, I have no idea what it is.
And what do you think the sparkly blue shining thing is ? It looks summoned by the players, but it doesn't seem like it.
And for the levelling thing, you can see what looks like to be the top of seven slots, which are probably the upgrade slots.
I also wonder what are those blue torches.
I always wanted the Hallow to be the oposite of the Corruption and the Crimson to have its own hardmode spreading biome. Maybe the sterile kinda stupid name though.
[doublepost=1470331411,1470331325][/doublepost]
Now analysing the images.

First image.
index.php
Silicon could either be a starter metal or a more advanced one, or who knows, maybe metals won't be tiered and will each have different properties that make them all good on their own. Though the area looks like it would be the starter area.
As for the turrets, they seem to be made of copper as well as stone or iron or lead or silicon, since it looks similar to the armor set, which is likely to be the silicon set.
Looking at the minimap, there is what looks like to be a glowing mushroom biome, with a crystal at a lower level. The ores are hard to tell, the brown patches could be copper, or maybe iron, and the silver pitches could be tungsten or silver, or maybe iron.
The red staff could be made of crimtane, or could be an unique item, same for the golden hammer, which could be made out of gold or be an unique item.

Second image.
index.php
You can notice a cleansing field produced by a crystal, you can see it cleansing the red orange stone, which may be Crimson. You can see patches of obsidian everywhere, as well as two gold patches.
On the bottom right you can see a gem cave, containing emeralds and either amethysts or sapphires.
You can see what are probably seven upgrade slots. However, with a closer look, we can see the same seven slots on the first image, which would mean the first image would have to be taken before the second, and that the slots would have to be shown at all times. There is also an eighth slot to the bottom right, its purpose is unknown. We can also see that the minimap is actually hidden in the second image, not cut from it.
To the left of the crystal are two unknown items, one looks like a sort of monolith, and the other looks like gold bars piled up.
There is a skeleton enemy that is about to be melted in lava wearing armor and weilding a shield and a dagger or a shortsword.
Curious blue torches, they are reminiscent of water candles.
Unknown sparkly blue shining thing.

I thought what you called gold bars looked like a music box.

Keep up the good work!
Btw the purity circle in the corruption kind of remind me Dark Aether from Metroid Prime 2, where there were the Xenotech crystals creating a safe zone :D

If you look at the minimap in the first picture, you can see that there is a second purity "bubble" underground. Just thought I'd share that interesting... thingy.

I always wanted the Hallow to be the oposite of the Corruption and the Crimson to have its own hardmode spreading biome. Maybe the sterile kinda stupid name though.
[doublepost=1470331411,1470331325][/doublepost]

I thought what you called gold bars looked like a music box.
Indeed it does look like a music box, though it must be inactive. It looks like some kind of chest anyway.
Also just to the left of the player are two sorts of obsidian spheres, what's intriguing is that one is barely sitting on a block, so they must be some kind of entity. You can also notice they are slightly transparent, so probably slimes. Corrupt slimes ? Purple slimes ? Black slimes ? Baby slimes ? Obsidian slimes ?
There are also particles of something white dying below the player.

Last edited:
Now analysing the images.

First image.
index.php
Silicon could either be a starter metal or a more advanced one, or who knows, maybe metals won't be tiered and will each have different properties that make them all good on their own. Though the area looks like it would be the starter area.
As for the turrets, they seem to be made of copper as well as stone or iron or lead or silicon, since it looks similar to the armor set, which is likely to be the silicon set. Though the armor set could also be the iron set or the lead set. The turrets at the far right and far left have another material that could be tungsten.
Looking at the minimap, there is what looks like to be a glowing mushroom biome, with a crystal at a lower level. The ores are hard to tell, the brown patches could be copper, or maybe iron, and the silver patches could be tungsten or silver, or maybe iron.
There are four kinds of purple soils, one is probably corrupt dirt, a more purple one is probably corrupt stone, the more blueish one is probably corrupt sand, and finally a brighter purple one is probably demonite.
The red staff could be made of crimtane, or could be an unique item, same for the golden hammer, which could be made out of gold or be an unique item.
There are green torches, probably cursed torches.

Second image.
index.php
You can notice a cleansing field produced by a crystal, you can see it cleansing the red orange stone, which may be Crimson. You can see patches of obsidian everywhere, as well as two gold patches.
On the bottom right you can see a gem cave, containing emeralds and either amethysts or sapphires.
You can see what are probably seven upgrade slots. However, with a closer look, we can see the same seven slots on the first image, which would mean the first image would have to be taken before the second, and that the slots would have to be shown at all times. There is also an eighth slot to the bottom right, its purpose is unknown. We can also see that the minimap is actually hidden in the second image, not cut from it.
To the left of the crystal are two unknown items, one looks like a sort of monolith, and the other looks like gold bars piled up.
There is a skeleton enemy that is about to be melted in lava wearing armor and wielding a shield and a dagger or a shortsword.
Two purple spherical entities, they are slightly transparent, so they could be slimes. Probably purple slimes or black slimes or baby slimes or obsidian slimes or corrupt slimes.
Curious blue torches, they are reminiscent of water candles.
Below the player are three whiteish and two trasparent pinkish white particles that seem to be from a dying monster.
Unknown sparkly blue shining thing.
First, since this is a corruption playthrough the red staff is probably a ruby staff
That gold hammer thing is a caduceus, the symbol for doctors, so it could have something to do with healing.
Those torches could be sapphire torches
That obsidian could be lead
Now my own ideas:
What if they added corruption/crimson creatures trying to get to you through the shield, but bouncing back off of it? I think that would make it look far more dangerous.
Maybe if an item levels up high enough, you can rank it up and it would be a stronger version of that item, maybe with a special ability or a beam
It seems like there could be multiple turrets of the same ore, just different types, so will there be turrets of multiple ores?
What if there were abandoned bases in the corruption or crimson that had to do with the story or something that had crimson/ corruption turrets?
CTG could be a whole new thing with turrets
Maybe there could be random events where huge waves of corruption or crimson monsters come, and you're shield is down

First, since this is a corruption playthrough the red staff is probably a ruby staff
That gold hammer thing is a caduceus, the symbol for doctors, so it could have something to do with healing.
Now my own ideas:
What if they added corruption/crimson creatures trying to get to you through the shield, but bouncing back off of it? I think that would make it look far more dangerous.
Maybe if an item levels up high enough, you can rank it up and it would be a stronger version of that item, maybe with a special ability or a beam
It seems like there could be multiple turrets of the same ore, just different types, so will there be turrets of multiple ores?
What if there were abandoned bases in the corruption or crimson that had to do with the story or something that had crimson/ corruption turrets?
Maybe there could be random events where huge waves of corruption or crimson monsters come, and you're shield is down
Well first, maybe there aren't such things as Corruption playthroughs or Crimson playthroughs, and you have both Crimson and Corruption in your world. If you think about it, doubling the amount of content, and thus the amount of time, work and resources just to have the Crimson doesn't make sense.
As for the obsidian, the area looks filled with lava, and the density of those patches doesn't make sense for them to be simple ores, obsidian makes more sense, and if you look at the background it is obsidian, so it would make sense if obsidian was a natural feature of this biome.

As for items, we can already see the item reaching a titled level, so this could fit your rank idea. As for special abilities, well, maybe, though I don't think all weapons will gain abilities, probably most unique items.

And finally for enemies fighting the crystals, I don't think the shields repel evil enemies, at least not all of them, otherwise there would be no use for the turrets.
And waves will already be a thing, it was announced as a game feature. Same for events, otherwise it wouldn't have Terraria in its name.

So STOKED!! This is going to be better then the original! :D
I did have one question though, Are you still going to be able to optain the same amount of health? You probably will! I was just curious and wanting to make sure. Keep up the Great Work!

Last edited:
Regarding the analysis of the screenshots, it looks to me like the purity bubble in the second picture is centered on the monolith, not the crystal. Also I'm skeptical that the little "tabs" at the bottom are the upgrade slots. I don't see those would be permanently on the screen. I would guess some kind of quick-slots. Maybe a new feature for easy access to potions and the like?

Regarding the analysis of the screenshots, it looks to me like the purity bubble in the second picture is centered on the monolith, not the crystal.
Yeah I thought the same regarding the alignment of the bubble. Definitely lines up with the monolith. Also the monolith matches up more with the one in the first picture better than the crystal thing would.

It looks really amazing and it's something me and my friends are really craving and looking forward to. Though not trying to be a negative nancy but when i look at the first picture it looks all beautiful all the colour and details nice!!! But then my eyes are really drawn to the background,where it looks very blurred... My eyes can't help but focus on that and how ugly it looks really, Though i guess it's still early and stuff is being worked on.. maybe just have the blue sky fade abit light to dark?? i dunno anyways i know this game will be amazing when it's out, i can see the love being put into it which i don't see in a lot of games now days

Now my own ideas:
I'm doing a playthrough right now in the Corruption right now and I have a platinum world also my first world in PC is Crimson and I have platinum in that world so the evil does not determine the ores.

I'm doing a playthrough right now in the Corruption right now and I have a platinum world also my first world in PC is Crimson and I have platinum in that world so the evil does not determine the ores.

Do you mean terraria or Otherworld? I know in Terraria the evil only changes one ore (crim to demon) others are just chance. I'd expect OW to be the same but it might not be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom