Terraria: Otherworld Terraria Otherworld: Bringing You Up to Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Re-digit and Skiphs moved from otherworld back to helping with terraria, which means 1 of 3 things. 1. Otherworld is finished. 2. This update to Terraria will be so large that Cennxx and the rest of the team needed help. or 3. They have given up on Otherworld, which I don't find likely but is a slight very tiny itty bitty minuscule possibility.

Or it could be none of those things, and some other completely different reason.

Skiphs worked on parts of 1.3.4 (the water effects), Red worked on the balancing (source: Cenx's twitter).
That still falls within possibility 1.

Not necessarily that the current team can't do it without them but that it's something they would prefer to have assistance with because they want the update to come out sooner.
Talented people can work on more than one thing at a time.
This is true, however I would think that they would be putting all of their effort into Otherworld because a lot of people (excluding myself) are getting antsy about Otherworld because as far as we know it could be coming out next month or next year.

I suppose that there are infinity possibilities but those are the 3 I find most likely.

Just a theory, but the reason, Red is going to work on Terraria 1.3.5 is because they are getting close to finishing T:OW so 1.3.5 update will connect Terraria and Otherworld and Red is going to help Terraria team with the transition between Those two games.

For example, after you defeat Lunatic cultist, portal will appear, that takes you to some sort of event. After you defeat that event, NPC will spawn next to the portal, when you talk with the NPC, It will tell you, that alternate universe is about to colapse into this universe and you have to stop it, then NPC will ask you, if you are the brave one to face this challenge. If you say yes, you will be redirected to steam page with Otherworld.

Sorry I got carried away a little, but this would be awesome.

After you defeat Lunatic cultist, portal will appear, that takes you to some sort of event. After you defeat that event, NPC will spawn next to the portal, when you talk with the NPC, It will tell you, that alternate universe is about to colapse into this universe and you have to stop it, then NPC will ask you, if you are the brave one to face this challenge. If you say yes, you will be redirected to steam page with Otherworld.
I'm sorry but I believe this would be terrible. In-game advertisement for another game, even if it is related, sounds to me like a really bad idea. We can already make so many theories linking the two anyways o/

For example, after you defeat Lunatic cultist, portal will appear, that takes you to some sort of event. After you defeat that event, NPC will spawn next to the portal, when you talk with the NPC, It will tell you, that alternate universe is about to colapse into this universe and you have to stop it, then NPC will ask you, if you are the brave one to face this challenge. If you say yes, you will be redirected to steam page with Otherworld.
Well, no. Sorry, advertising a game, even your own game, within another game, is a HUGE no no.

However, I do think some NPC dialouges referencing it could be cool like the dryad saying something along the lines of "I hear there is some OtherWorld out there that is filled with corruption"

Well, no. Sorry, advertising a game, even your own game, within another game, is a HUGE no no.
You'll be suprised how many phone apps I've seen that advertise their other games. And as long as it's only on the title screen/launcher, I'll be fine with it.

Although, you could see those crossovers as a sort of advertisement.

In this case, I'll rather prefer not to advertise T:OW in Terraria itself in any way.

phone apps
We're not going to corrupt the real game industry with those copy+pastes. Being related to each other =! hotlinking to another game's store page at a supposed end of one game's event. It's just going to leave a bad taste. I mean, maybe somewhere unobtrusive in the menu, but never within the game itself.

I've lost count how many times I have to tap x on bloody advertisements on mobile apps.

We're not going to corrupt the real game industry with those copy+pastes. Being related to each other =! hotlinking to another game's store page at a supposed end of one game's event. It's just going to leave a bad taste. I mean, maybe somewhere unobtrusive in the menu, but never within the game itself.

I've lost count how many times I have to tap x on bloody advertisements on mobile apps.
I know exact the kind you're talking about, and like I said, self-advertising should only appear at the title screen. not giving hindrance to the normal gameplay.

But yeah, I do prefer having zero advertisement though, I've paid for the game, then I want to have all focus for only that game as well when playing it.

I know exact the kind you're talking about, and like I said, self-advertising should only appear at the title screen. not giving hindrance to the normal gameplay.

But yeah, I do prefer having zero advertisement though, I've paid for the game, then I want to have all focus for only that game as well when playing it.
The slightest bit of advertisement that is "Also try T:OW!" as the window's name, as we can have "I pity the tools" and such is not intrusive, and may be funny if presented in the right way. Honestly I would like it since it'd bring a new funny thing to the (already quite long) list, even if it is basically advertisement.

No matter how long it takes to release Otherworld, I will wait and these teasers surely make me hyped for the release and giving me the desire to play Terraria in the meantime.
`:D

The slightest bit of advertisement that is "Also try T:OW!" as the window's name, as we can have "I pity the tools" and such is not intrusive, and may be funny if presented in the right way. Honestly I would like it since it'd bring a new funny thing to the (already quite long) list, even if it is basically advertisement.
Well they already do kind of advertise mineral to with "Also try mine craft!" at the top of the screen. That would be pretty cools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom